Bryancm vs Vodafone default, help? :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Reposting in telecoms area:

In preparation to go and see a mortgage advisor, I got a copy of my equifax credit report. All was fine, except there is an entry that Vodafone defaulted me in January of last year.

I was a vodafone customer for 2 years and always paid by direct debit, never missed a payment, never late, or anything like that. I then switched networks to 3; I called Vodafone, and got my PAC code to transfer my number and told them I wanted to cancel.

A couple months later I got a letter from a debt collectors agency chasing up £80 in unpaid bills to Vodafone. I had not changed banks or cancelled the direct debit. I certainly wasn't contacted by phone and I don't recall any letters being sent to me. I don't know why they didn't try to get payment via the method that had been established for 2 years. They seemed to just go straight to debt collectors.

I paid the collectors at the time and naively thought nothing of it. Now it comes to me wanting a mortgage I am paying the price.

From what I have read, it may be significant that my contract had ended earlier than the January default that I have. I'm not sure of dates and I don't have letters from this far back but I know my contract ended November ish.

Can anyone advise please? I'm desperate to get this gone and I don't think I'm at fault here :(

Many thanks,

Craig

I will be interested to see the answer to this as I have a similar problem with o2. I cancelled my contract at the 12 month stage and moved to 3 o2 sent me a final bill which was incorrect so I refused to pay it until they sent me a correct one. Which took them a couple of months I then paid it.

After viewing my credit file I see that there is a note of a missed payment on there with o2 can I get this amended?

Hi Craiig,

As soon as you requested your PAC, that was due notice to Vodafone that you were terminating. So, there is no excuse for the mewss you found yourself in, especially as you would have been sent your Final Bill and the number deactivated on the network.

Check that this final amount was correctly taken from your account (you still have this responsibility, even if the DDM is in place and they didn't take it). Are the extra charge due to previously supplied services - Premium texts or the like, or for line rental AFTER the PAC change?

Thanks for the reply - I think I'll need to put a data access request in as I don't know exactly what went on. I believe the default was for my last bill, but I am not sure as I wasn't contacted.

I'll update this thread once I hear back

Craig

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately I've been extremely busy of late and haven't had chance to pursue this yet. I have taken the time to read everything I could find related to Vodafone and the removal of a default on the CAG forum.

To be honest, I'm more confused than I originally was and I don't know how to proceed on this :( All I know that they'll fight you to the bitter end in most cases!

I had originally planned to put a data access request in to find out exactly what went on from their point of view, but I've read that they won't play ball on this as they "aren't obliged" to do so. Can anyone confirm how I can get the facts of what happened out of Vodafone? A template would be great.

Once I have this, I think I may write a letter, explaining my circumstances, how I was a good customer, always paid on time, etc, and see if I can get anywhere down that route.

After that? I don't know. Any suggestioned welcomed (and needed!!)

Many thanks,

C

Just spotted Buzby's stickied post regarding the mobile phone companies and how to approach them (with a SAR).

So that just leaves me with the question, where do I go once I have my data?

Thanks

Craig