• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Seasidelady V Halifax****WON 2 CLAIMS SETTLED IN FULL*******

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have read a few more threads but cant find any like this. I have just changed all the dates, in case that helps. It doesnt.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go here for the info. "Here" being Vampiress's spreadsheets. I apologise if you have been to the right place already but I am several steps behind you still.

Is Christmas getting to you a little? I cannot spend money on a 2nd class stamp at the moment, payday being Friday. Thank goodness for Child Tax Credit on Tuesday. So why am I so happy I ask myself. Because next year things will be better for all of us on this site as we are empowering ourselves. Are you a parent like me? All our children really want is a happy few days just relaxing, spending time together, with some presents, some lovely meals and some laughs. (Well this is what I have planned anyway.) This mother dosn't necessarily go to Iceland - Aldi will do.

Have a lovely Christmas and a Prosperous New Year:smile:

PANIC OVER....!!

I think i need to sleep, i have been looking at these sheets and calculating numbers for hours. brain numb now. I was getting really mad cos it wouldnt let me put 31 April. Brain wave 1 hour later to check calender. duhhhhh. 30 days in April. lol,

Thanx sally. Yes i have children. 2, 1 of them is disabled so this money will treat to a hol for him.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Now why didn't I think of that!! Big things like writing these letters, getting your head round the legalities fine. Checking calendar dates - well that is just the banana skin. Michael Bentine's biography is called that "The Long Banana Skin". Michael Who you are saying? He was one of the original Goons and did a wonderful childrens series called "The Potties".

Today i sent my LBA. I have just got in and got my post. 2 letters from halifax, but i am soooo confused.

To explain......

My claim was too big in total as i have 2 accounts, so i split them. 1 claim is for 1,157. I recieved the letter with offer of £558.00, which i will kindly turn down, but not sure what to do as i sent lba already this morning.

Second claim total was £5005.00 so i split in case they merged accounts.

So i claimed for £2,987.00 ( which now has changed to £2,899.00, got a date mixed up).

The offered amount for this is £4,067.00 :-o

Anyone any ideas?????????

F&Q's... Read here

Call 'em and ask? They may have combined the amounts, or may have made a mess of it.

There will be a name on the letter, even if they don't say where they are or give a phone number. You may be able to track them down via the main switchboard in Halifax - 01422 380880

If you've sent in the LBA then you don't need to do anything about the offer leter as they've obviously crossed. You could send them one along the lines of Rejection of settlement offer, just so they can't say you dismissed it outright.

• Haha 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Ok, i phoned them, the guy was really nice and very helpful, says he inundated with claims from a certain website..! he he he:D

Any way what they have done is kept the 2 claims seperate, £588 for £1157

and the other account i split £5005 so i could claim again for second half, but they have gone back 6 years. So offer of £4067 is from 5005. So i have to claim all in 1 go now i think. Plus i have added more charges this week, :mad: £120 i think.

So advice needed once again.

If i am to claim full amount what happens now as i have sent for half????

I knew mine wouldnt be straight forward..!!!

Help!!:?

F&Q's... Read here

Hmmm - I'm not sure myself so hope someone more knowledgeable can jump in here to advise.

If it were me I would just send the letters saying thanks but no thanks and continue forward. Rejection of settlement offer

If you prefer to keep things seperate then refer to your own figures, not theirs. I'd just say that they offered £xx against your claims £aa and £bb, then continue as two seperate amounts still.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

"You can put both accounts together if you like, but remember that if the total claim is over £5,000 it will not be classed as a small claim. If you decide to make 2 claims let one finish before starting the second or they may get lumped together anyway." This is what Caro posted on 07/11/06.

Remember you can keep adding fees on your 2nd claim up to and including sending your N1 or MCOL. It would appear that Halifax are being efficient and replying to both claims within one letter. It is up to you whether you accept or reject and decide to claim once or twice. Sally

Hi Sally,

I think i might of got mixed a bit.

They sent me 2 letters for the 2 different claims. The letter for £550 i have done the rejection letter, thats ready to go in the morning.

It is being treated as seperate.

Its the second claim where the problem is. My claim is for half the amount, ( guy on the phone said i didnt include dates so they have gone for the full 6 years. If he got my letter then he got my spread sheet!)

I think i might have to go and have a look at the fast track threads, as i think they are going to be akward and just do it in 1 go.

F&Q's... Read here

Any mods out there who can advise me.

Should i claim the £5120 even tho i sent lba, or stick to the £2899. Im so scared of messing this up now.

F&Q's... Read here

It's getting too late for me now but even if you did not put dates on your spreadsheets the amount claimed would be the same figure as in the letter. Perhaps you could send revised spreadsheets with covering letter referring to the telephone conversation. Do you not have copies of spreadsheets? On reflection do you feel that the halifax man was in charge of the conversation and telling you what to do? ANY MODS OUT THERE!!!!!!!

I have looked everywhere on this site and from other banks to see if anyone has the same problem as mine, but theres nothing..!

So now im wondering do i just accept the 4000, even though id be loosing near 2 000, or do i scrap it and restart asking for the total of 5, 125, or just carry on for the 2899 i stated on the lba (which has been sent) or do i just wait.

PLEASE HELP:(

F&Q's... Read here

I would, only i have started it going for half the claim, i was advised to split, half now and half later. All the paper work i have sent is for half. Surley if i send another letter with the full amount there will be problems.

F&Q's... Read here

I asked BANKFODDER. Great guy. He says splitting an account is out dated now, and i need to do a new spreadsheet for the full amount and reject the offer. Yey im back on track, so i guess i have a busy night ahead with all new spread sheets. :D

F&Q's... Read here

Thats interesting - so you will be going fast-track too, I have read somewhere that it has its advantages (in relation to disclosure). Makes me feel better about my claim, good luck with spreadsheets just keep thinking of all that money!

Thanx everyone for the help. When you have a panic attack its nice to see everyone try to help.

Yep im going for the lot...! :D So im afraid doo im following your every step, he he,

My total claim now is 5,245. No wonder im always broke :sad: :o

The interest is 690, does that seem right?

So anyway rejection letter off tommorrow, gulp.!

F&Q's... Read here

read mrsirshjohn thread, hillard gave some good advice out so thought I would take it myself, basically rung halifax on the number he gave and have made an agreement with them for my charges (just thirty pounds short) am happy with this - they are sending out agreement letter today so hopefully should have it by wednesday - will keep you posted - may be worth a try for you. HAPPY CHRISTMAS

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so i have been trying to get sorted for my N1 forms. And my com has thrown a hissy fit..!

I can download the forms but cant type on them or do anything on them, which is worse than useless.

I cant afford mcol as 2 kids birthdays within next 4 weeks. I have copied 4. Particulars of claim - N1 - hard copy version and added my details, will this do if i present it at court or will they advise about getting the N1 forms.

F&Q's... Read here

I have just phoned my local court, and the guy was really nice, he knew what i was on about, (think he has dealt with a few..! :) )

He explained my com wou;dnt let me write out the sheet, so he told me to go in tomorrow with everything i have got and he will help me through it all. He said its easier to do it through the N1,

so i will let you know how i get on. I am going to do the smaller claim first. Then maybe nextweek the large one :D

F&Q's... Read here

FILED.........!!:D

All i did was print my P O C (3) and took 3 lots of spread sheets, the court gave me a form which i filled (details on p o c) EASY, and handed them over. Cant believe i was worried.

Lady said she has NEVER heard of any bank going all the way, as it will open a massive can of worms if they admit they are wrong, So i have a really good feeling about this now.

Tommorrow im filing the large claim, just over £5.000.

Also less chance of them defending on fast track.

I can almost smell FLORIDA.................:D

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here