FightBack v (Gr)Abbey **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Fightback, I know it's frustrating, but did you see Tinkerbella's thread - she got the same order. She bit the bullet and got a settlement a little less than the claim but saved the nause of Court bundles - and let me tell you, they are a complete time-wasting nause. I'm just finishing mine off now - Oh what I would have given for the pressure which your order puts on the Bank. Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

Marie & Nick, thanks for your thoughts.

I've knocked a bit off (£16 from total of £696) & also said I'll waive the interest accruing since I issued the N1 in January if they accept within 14 days of receipt of the letter. Should I mark it Without Prejudice or not?

April 2007: Claim v Abbey settled £680!

July 2007: Claim 2 for £307 WON! after quiet word from the bailiff!!

FB,

You'll need to mark the letter WP because it's an attempt at settlement. if the best offer you've had off Abbey is 50% and you're reducing your claim and waiving interest then I wouldn't go any lower than that. Use in your argument that you are saving them the future costs of the court bundle so add that into the equation ie 20 hours at £9.25.

If they don't move any closer to your figure then you've got a strong case for the stay to be lifted because of Abbey's intransigence.

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 3 weeks later...

OH YEAH!!!!!

Got a letter saying that Abbey have caved in & will cough up £680 in full & final settlement, ie £16 off my original claim!

I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to everybody on here for their hellp & advice during this journey, in particular Mad Nick, you, sir, are a legend!

I will be starting claim no 2 soon, as they have charged me further whilst this settlement figure was being negotiated, so I'll be around for a while yet:cool:

Keep fighting everyone, trust me it IS worth it just to get that letter!!

April 2007: Claim v Abbey settled £680!

July 2007: Claim 2 for £307 WON! after quiet word from the bailiff!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

congratulations Fightback, someone will mark this as won soon, can you please take the time to complete the questionnaire :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

• 4 months later...