theauth0r v NatWest ***SETTLED IN FULL***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YIPPEEE!

Another win!!!!!

Hey we r getting good at this now guys rnt we!

Well done mate!

Happy spending..

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NatWest - £3702.94 - Won.. Done and Dusted!!

Lloyds - £771.52 - Nearly there...

The Daily Mirror, GMTV, Granada Reports........

Hollywood Next!

Check out how I re-claimed my unlawfull bank charges:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/4797-stephanie-NatWest-i-i.html

Bank are willing to pay up the full amount!!!!!

Submitted my claim for "immediate" payment, time to move onto my other bank accounts.

Woohoooooooo!!!

Just a quick question, when you say the bank are willing to pay the full amount, did they or Corbetts contact you & advise you of this? I did my moneyclaim on 06/06/06 - same as you, but it's still too soon for me to do the judgement by default as the time's up tomorrow or Tuesday (as it's based on the mcol deemed to be served 12/06) - just wondering if you had seperate confirmation from the bank rather than filing the judgement by default?

Thanks! and big CONGRATULATIONS!

I filled in the judgment and within 24/hrs the bank admitted that the charges were unfair and were willing to pay the full amount.

Im still waiting for the full amount but its guaranteed through moneyclaim now (i hope :confused:

:D

NatWest - £3750 - Settled

HSBC - £1100 - Settled

So you have not received the actual cash yet? Keep us posted how long they take to pay up, my son is hoping to book a holiday on the strength of his refund (told him he has to donate something to the site for all their help).

My 28 days is up today so will claim by default tomorrow (Tue 11th July) as nothing arrived in post today.

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

OK im confused now....

From the money claim site I went through the channels..

Claim - Acknowledged(08/06/2006)

After the 28 days i submitted the Judgment and saw a notification that the bank were to settle in full, and that i needed to do the Judgment....

Judgment - Issued(07/07/2006)

Now today I have the option to start the Warrant BUT i have received a Defence case from the Banks solicitors through the post....

Arrgghhh what now. ??????

Do I submit the warrant on the moneyclaim site or do I have to acknowledge the banks defenc as they have stated that i have to contact them with answers by the 24th of July!

Help needed please..... ??

HSBC - £1100 - Settled

When I clicked on judgement on MCOL I had two options:

1) Judgement by default (i.e time frame is up)

2) Judgement because the defendant admitted to the charges.

My interpretation of this was that option two was only if they had admitted to the charges outside of court. Can anyone confirm?

Incidentally, when I tried doing option 1 yesterday, my time frame was too soon (It was 28 days from 12th June - MCOL submitted 7th June - they add five days from the day you submit to consider the case 'served') so I don't think your time was actually up either. I've logged in today & defence is filed, I think you are in the same boat as me I'm afraid - if you got their letter today, with the same timeframes I've just mentioned, their defence was actually on time.

I hope for your sake I'm wrong on this!

yeah thats what i thought....

1) They acknowledged the claim that gave them 28 days to submit a defence

2) The 28 days served with no response so I submitted the Junction

3) 3 days after the Junction I receive a letter from the banks solicitor providing a defence, asking me for my account informnation and a list of my charges

4) Im guessing their defence is too late, so i have submitted the warrant to claim my cash!

HSBC - £1100 - Settled

?*!&%? completely and utterly confused by all this., well done to those who got their unfair charges back - how do you find the time to do all this battling? I don't understand it... I have had some months of being unfairly charged but have just closed my accounts except the main one at the RBS which is overdrawn (partly because of the charges) am just going start new account with a different bank...

I wish you luck, I just don't want you to get your hopes up. The thing is, your moneyclaim was 06/06 - your first letter from the court will say this is deemed to be served 5 days later (11/06) so the 28 days starts from the date deemed to be served, which is 11/06 not 06/06, in which case you time was up yesterday, the day they would have provided the defence to the courts.

I will read your thread with interest, I'm not a party pooper, I just don't think they got their defence in late.

I was exactly the same time frames as you, and when I clicked the first option 'judgement by default' yesterday, MCOL told me I couldn't as the 28 days weren't up.

Sorry, I REALLY hope this isn't the case, but I would advise you to contact the courts and query about what judgement you've entered, whether their defence was late, and whether you are in a situation to issue the warrant. You don't want to get this part of things wrong, you've come so far!!

Good luck mate!!

Surely author is saying that his clicking on "judgement" was accepted? Also, I make 28 days from 28/06 to be 08/07 - am I doing something wrong?

:p MY POSTS ARE MY OPINION ONLY...IF IN DOUBT TAKE PROPER ADVICE...I'M JUST CLAIMING TOO !

NatWest SETTLED IN FULL 25/08/06

Capital One settled in full 12/10/06

LTSB prelim letter sent 25/08/06

LTSB standard prelim response received 02/09/06

LBA sent 15/09/06

DONATE TO THIS SITE BY CLICKING THE LINK AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

Congratulations,

I am just about to start out - I am not sure how much the bank owes over 6 year period, (from 04 to 06 owes £1532 excluding interest) have sent out Data protection letter with cheque for statements. noticed you only waited approx a week between asking for statements and sending out preliminary letter.

Was that because you actually knew how much they owed you. The letter I have just sent Customer Relations " Data Controller" gives them 40 days to send statements until I get them will I be able to send out prelim letter for refund???

Or did your prelim letter not specify the amount of money you wanted refunding??

Your reply would certainly assist me get my head around the sequencing.

Regards

Congratulations,

I am just about to start out - I am not sure how much the bank owes over 6 year period, (from 04 to 06 owes £1532 excluding interest) have sent out Data protection letter with cheque for statements. noticed you only waited approx a week between asking for statements and sending out preliminary letter.

Was that because you actually knew how much they owed you. The letter I have just sent Customer Relations " Data Controller" gives them 40 days to send statements until I get them will I be able to send out prelim letter for refund???

Or did your prelim letter not specify the amount of money you wanted refunding??

Your reply would certainly assist me get my head around the sequencing.

Regards

I requested the statements from the bank customer service dept and they sent them out within a few days..

I then went through them straight away and sent out my prelim letter.

HSBC - £1100 - Settled

Ok to add to my confusion i received a letter today from mcol....

Letter dated 11/July/2006

I write in reference to a letter received today from the defendants in this case.

We have today discovered that judgment has been entered by admission possibly in error.

In light of this information, I write to request a copy of the signed admission you received from the defendant to verify that a judgment was entered correctly.

If however, judgment was entered in error, please complete the n244 form enclosed applying to set judgment aside and giving the reasons for your application. This application carries a fee of £35.00.

Please not if you fail to produce either the signed admission or n244 application and fee within 7 days of this letter, this case will be referred to the district judge to set judgment aside.

:mad::confused:

LOL not going well with this case now :(

HSBC - £1100 - Settled

Status of this Warrant

spacer.gifBank Charges

spacer.gif********

spacer.gif*******

Rejected

Your warrant request has not been accepted. You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

:-o

Logged on to MCOL today and got the above message in the warrant section..

Tried to call the MCOL customer helpdesk but was too late..

I got a bad feeling that this case is lost :(

HSBC - £1100 - Settled

No wonder your warrant has been rejected.

Bank are willing to pay up the full amount!!!!!

Where did you get this information from? Did the bank send you a signed admission?

My understanding of this is that you clicked on the option for judgement by admission, claiming the bank had admitted they owed the full amount, which they haven't. Why did you select this option?

The only thing you can do now is to inform Moneyclaim that they hadn't actually sent an admission, you just clicked the option anyway.

This will cost you £35 and you cannot add this to your claim amount as it was your mistake.

Unless of course the bank did send an admission and then I am mistaken.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks