Hollyblue v barclays

hollyblue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm confused! I sent my original letter to Barclay's in November, requesting statements, and they sent letter a week ago saying they have the right to take longer than 40 days to reply because of the amount of claims they are recieving.

Is this true, and if not what letter do I send now, as the second one shows figures of the claim, and I don't know that :(

Can anyone help please!!

Thanks

;-) hollyblue

Yes hollyblue the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) you sent is clear that they have 40 days to respond, personally i would phone them directly ( i know this is not advised but ) when you phone them advise them they are now over this and you are going to complain to the information commisioner for non-compliance and advise them that they explain to the Information Commissioner that they are allowed more time, never heard of that one before

Thats rubbish. The amounts of claim they are getting in not your problem. 40 days in ample time for the size of these instituations!

Send the non-compliance!

• Confused 1

Barclays Bank - SETTLED - £4225.00

First National - SETTLED - £125.00

Lloyds TSB - SETTLED - £994.87

Capital 1 - SETTLED - £827.95

Online Finance - SETTLED - £349.60

Argos - SETTLED - £121.00

Yeah will do, I'll send it off this weekend.

Can you also help with this? I am also claiming against abbey, and it has gone as far as sending the claim letter, they are now 1 week late with their reply, but also I am heading for approx £150 of charges this month, well to come out on the 2nd feb! what do i do about that?

In a bit of a flap!!:(

;-) hollyblue

Unfortunately, I had to pay any charges whilst my case was going on. Stick to your timescales. Send the next letter. And when you enter a claim with the courts, you can add these latest charges to the amount!

Mine as successful, first letter I sent was dated 11th July. They settled on the 16th Jan. It all depends how much your claiming.

If its a small amount, they MIGHT settle without too much persuading. Wouldn't count on it though. Just think of it spending money for your summer holiday, it should take about that long.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that.

I seem to be well behind on that schedule then, think both Abbey and Barclays are doing all they can to stall!!!!

I have to wait until next week to send next letter so will see what happens. Have recieved another letter from both banks saying how sorry they are to hear I have a complaint.... blah. blah. blah.!!!!!

Will keep you informed!

Thanks again :)

;-) hollyblue