Gill V Clydesdale

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) Hi there,

Been reading up on things for a couple of weeks now and decided to go for it. Sent my letter away today requesting my statements. So I will wait & see how I get on. A little nervous though! Never mind, I will keep reading up on things. :)

Hi Gil,

Great start, nothing to get nervous about though - as you've probably seen from reading these threads YB/Clydesdale can be a little harder to tackle, but you've got as much help and support as you need here.

Just give a yell if you need anything, and make sure you keep us updated with everything so that we can see what's happening should you need any advice :)

PJ x

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

Thanks PJ,

A couple of things you might be able to help with are: The account is in joint names, does that mean we both have to claim against them or can one of us just pursue it? We both signed the form requesting the statements just to make sure that they couldn't waste any time! Have also asked for my credit card statements, so can I claim on both accounts in one go or will they be individual claims. It will probably be just late fees on the credit card & service charges on the bank account. Also we live in Scotland so I understand the procedure is a little different to England. Will be greatful for any help. From what I've read about the Clydesdale I think I'm gonna need it!

Thanks to anyone with info, Gill

Glad to see some more successful claims today:) . I posted my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) away last Thursday 'Special Delivery' & today my account states that the cheque has been cashed! So just have to wait until I receive them & then the fun will start:D . Will keep you posted,

Gil

Hi,

Today I received a letter confirming that the Clydesdale have received my SAR. The letter thanked me for my request. Also confirmed my £10 payment. It then went on to say that they have 40 days with which to comply & that I will be receiving statements in due course.

The only thing I was wondering was that my SAR was sent to the Head Office in Glasgow & this reply has came from Leeds. (Advice Quality Unit, Charges Section, Third Floor, Brunswick Point, Wade Lane, Leeds, LS2 8NQ.) I was under the assumption that Glasgow was their Head Office & any correspondance should be sent their.Their letter states that if I need further assistance I should contact Leeds with my reference number.

:confused:

Should my request for charges be sent to Glasgow or should it now be Leeds I deal with.

Anyone??

Thanks. I'm gonna need it with this lot. I'm also in the middle of changing my bank just now. I don't know if that will affect this claim as we have used there bank for over thirteen years and now we are dumping them & claiming against them!!

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing after the 40 days is their normal trend and the ICO appears to be doing nothing to correct this, which is their job. I suggest you nip over to the DPA Non-Compliance FAQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Mine went off last week to Yorkshire and they have until tomorrow to come up with the goods. Seems unlikely they will bother complying with the law. They haven't so far. So Wednesday it's down to the court to begin action to force them to provide them. (Next thread down).

Good luck. You won't need it but you will need a lot of patience, which they thank you for! :roll:

Cheers Devonshrimper, no need to now as I received statements today (day 40) for mastercard account, my current account statements are at the post office. Will pick them up tomorrow & go through them. They sent letter of apology for taking so long. Seems to be due to amount of requests they've had!!:-o Thanks Again. Gil

Statements arrived yesterday morning. I received 6 years statements. Should I just chance asking for the 6 years? It all mounts up to just under £300. Do I apply interest at this stage?

• 2 weeks later...