• Tweets

• Thank you all for the responses, to answers a few questions  - she has had the car since Jan 23 on a 5 year term.  - She is unsure what the agreement is called, but at the end she has the option to make a payment to "buy" the car - she recieves benefits for her young children alongside the ssp (normally she would be on NLW for a 16 hr a week job)  - Yes she would like to keep the car  She has not responded to the last email from them asking her to call and it'll be followed up in an email. I told her to hold off until atleast Wednesday so I can read a few posts on here and get some more information.  I will ensure she follows up with a letter, that has not been signed but instead her name written.   Thank you  
    • Thanks @lookinforinfo I'll use that. @FTMDave Yep im going to do just that and calmly enjoy the process that follows.    Whats the deal with the quote thing? Is it causing an issue for the site or just an annoyance.
    • Hello, *posting on behalf of my friend, I'll provide as much info as possible*  During a pretty low point my friend moved into a social housing property, it was in a area with no family/friend connections so she started to look for a mutual exchange. She found one, signed the paper work and thought everything was okay.  She has now decided she does not want to go through with the mutual exchange. Is she legally allowed to pull out after signing the paperwork or does she have to commit to the move? Thank you,
    • Thats perfect as long as they go to my new address its all good. thanks again for the help
    • if the debts have not been sold on but only passed to the dca's to chase, then i doubt you'll ever get a letter of claim till it is sold on. OC's dont do court because of bad publicity .  if you've updated the address, then everything goes there from whomever. dx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A&L bank charges

spacemarine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

has any body any advice on what to do if the bank quotes the berwick judgment in court ? i know this is early days on the and it is still open to appeal but im starting put a bundle together and every bit of info that i can drop onto A&L will help no end.

kind regards

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again - it has been over a week since I had a letter from the Court to say they were transferring my case to my local small claim court. I have had no AQ and just seem to be doing nothing. Am very worried since the Lloyds case. Do you think we still stand a chance of claiming back our money or do you think the Banks will defend themselves. Thanks

Bubbles,

Sit tight, do not worry. The Lloyds case was erroneous and is being correctly challenged. The banks know this, they may try to scare you off quoting it, but don't be hoodwinked :)

You can always ring your court for an update if you so wish.

I am sure we will here of your win shortly :D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

I'm in the same boat as you Bubbles ... still waiting for a court date.

Can anyone tell me if now is the right time to send a draft order for directions, or is it wise to wait to hear from the court to see if the local judge needs an AQ first?

Any advice appreciated.icon7.gif

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

hi

im pretty much at the same stage as you

i have the defence papers from the court and im just waiting for a court date, i would say start to get your bits and pieces ready in case you have to go to court, there are some good links on the site to help youi dont think it will do you any harm in getting ready early so you are prepared for the worst

Hi bubblesdarling

I got the letter from solicitors saying they intended to defend, letter from court confirming this, then few days later got the defence, I rang the court today and they said to complete AQ which I printed off through link on here and am going to take it in tomorrow. Clerk at the court said they have to complete one too, dont know where they get theirs from assume the court sends it will see what the post brings tomorrow. they have in my case until 17 May to get it in.

If you did your claim online there is something on here bout AQ not being sent out http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html?highlight=allocation#post695176 (think thats how to link to it!!)

Hi Dizzy Kate

I was wondering how your case is going. I am in exactly the same position as you. You said that they have until the 17th to return there AQ. Did they return it? If so, what happens now? have they asked for anything etc or is it just to wait for the court date?

Sorry for all the questions, Your the only person that seems to be in the exact same place as me, just 10 days ahead.

If anyone else is in the same place with waiting for A&L to return their AQ to the local curt, then please let me know how yours is going.

Many thanks

Claire

hiya claire

I got a copy of their AQ they requested the fast track option but said they had no witnesses not even themselves? Then I got a letter offering me under half of the amount I am claiming thats the difference between charges and total of £12 that the OFT have recommended - they gave me until 18 May to accept it, I can keep my account open etc..but accept that any future charges will be at the standard rate. I sent a letter back rejecting this and quoting a bit of a letter that A & L sent in response to LBA the bit about the OFT recommendations only applying to credit card charges so were they not contradicting themselves really. I said I would settle for about £500 less to settle early. Dont really know why I did that as I did not think they would accept. Anyway both AQ are filed in court but court says they are really behind and the AQ wont get looked at for about another two weeks then it will go into District Judges box for allocation so could be weeks before get a court date. Have looked up the implications of Fast Track and hoping Judge does not decide to allocate it there (claims is over £5000)

Have you heard anything yet from your Court? I think hearing nothing is worse than getting letters off them.

Let me know how you are getting on.

Kate

hiya claire

I got a copy of their AQ they requested the fast track option but said they had no witnesses not even themselves? Then I got a letter offering me under half of the amount I am claiming thats the difference between charges and total of £12 that the OFT have recommended - they gave me until 18 May to accept it, I can keep my account open etc..but accept that any future charges will be at the standard rate. I sent a letter back rejecting this and quoting a bit of a letter that A & L sent in response to LBA the bit about the OFT recommendations only applying to credit card charges so were they not contradicting themselves really. I said I would settle for about £500 less to settle early. Dont really know why I did that as I did not think they would accept. Anyway both AQ are filed in court but court says they are really behind and the AQ wont get looked at for about another two weeks then it will go into District Judges box for allocation so could be weeks before get a court date. Have looked up the implications of Fast Track and hoping Judge does not decide to allocate it there (claims is over £5000)

Have you heard anything yet from your Court? I think hearing nothing is worse than getting letters off them.

Let me know how you are getting on.

Kate

Hi Kate

Haven't heard from court. I did call them and they advised they have received my AQ. I asked about the particulars and she said I didn't have to send them in yet as the judge hasn't asked for them (hasn't looked at it yet). I advised I would send them in anyway to save time.

I have completed them this evening and will post registered/recorded 1st class tomorrow.

They have until 27th (I think) to get their AQ in. They will probably leave it until the last minute.

I will keep you informed if you will, lol

Thanks

Claire:)

ok claire

let us know what their AQ says. I was really careful filling mine in making sure it was all ok etc. Theirs looked like they had rushed it still they are the professionals must be ok to do this lol thing is on the back of my defense was a list of charges (the one they said they did not have !) and there were some missing and there was no total and they had added one that is outside the 6 years. Like they are not taking all this seriously

regards

kate

Your claims are on track. From what I see of All&Pester they will drag it out as long as they possibly can, hoping that you will accept a lower offer or bail out of it all together.

They do appear to badly complete AQs etc, as they have so many of these things to get in on time.

Sit tight your cheque will arrive eventaully, dont let them fool you in to settling for less.

Also after the matter is settled make a wasted costs claim against them, their abuse of the judicial system is unacceptable ........................ :D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

Definately, thanks sergeant just the kind of upbeat thinking I need this am.

I started this off really positive just a bit nervous of all the paperwork making sure it all spot on, have seen district judge tear a strip off a solicitor for local borough council for inaccurate evidence. Alliance & Leicester seem to take it to the limit though and it all gets a bit demoralising

Cheers

Kate

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...
hi

have waited for ages for court date

must be best part of nearly 2 months

has anyone got a clue what i might do next as i have not heard a thing

thanks

It does seem a long time to wait ... you could try ringing them icon7.gif

your claim

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Sorry has your case been transferred or still with MCOL?

I emailed them with my case number and they told me transferred to local court before I got written confirmation.

Jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

its been transferred to my local court from mcol which has been confirmed but i have not have not heard a thing from my local court as yet

Have you tried ringing them yeticon5.gif

your claim

yes do ring - i rang mine today and they were very helpful- said they had only just recd papers form MCOL and that they may not dipense with the AQ after all - just wait for judges directions in due course.

not at all scary (so far!)

jansus:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE