• Tweets

• if the agreement was taken out jan 23, then she has not reached the 1/3rd mark so the car has not become protected goods under the consumer credit act.  this puts her in a very very vulnerable position regarding ever keeping the car....whereby once they have issued a default notice they can legally send a guy with a flatbed (though they are NOT BAILIFFS and have ZERO legal powers) to collect the car.  if the car is kept on the public highway then they can simply take it away and she will legally owe the whole stated amount on the agreement AND lose the car. if it's on private property i'e like a driveway, ok they shouldn't take it without her agreeing, but if they do, it's not really on but its better than a court case and an inevitable loss with the granting a return of goods order. are these 'health reasons' likely to resolve themselves in the very short term (like a couple of months?) and can she immediately begin working again ? i'e has she got a job or would have to find one?  answer the above and we'll try and help. but she looks to be between rock and a hard place . whatever happens she will still have to pay the loan off...car or no car....unless you can appeal to the finance company's better nature using health reasons to back off for xxx months.
    • no need to use it. it doubles the size of the thread and makes it very diff to find replies on small screens too. just like @username it - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread already inc you ...gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.
    • Hello all,   I ordered a laptop online about 16 months ago. The laptop was faulty and I was supposed to send it back within guarantee but didn't for various reasons. I contacted the company a few months later and they said they will still fix it for me free of charge but I'd have to pay to send it to them and they will pay to send it back to me. The parcel arrived there fine. Company had fixed it and they sent it via dpd. I was working in the office so I asked my neighbours who would be in, as there's been a history of parcel thefts on our street. I had 2 neighbours who offered but when I went to update delivery instructions, their door number wasn't on the drop down despite sharing the same post code.  I then selected a neighbour who I thought would likely be in and also selected other in the safe place selection and put the number of the neighbour who I knew would definitely be in and they left my parcel outside and the parcel was stolen. DPD didn't want to deal with me and said I need to speak to the retailer. The retailer said DPD have special instructions from them not to leave a parcel outside unless specified by a customer. The retailer then said they could see my instructions said leave in a safe space but I have no porch. My front door just opens onto the road and the driver made no attempt to conceal it.  Anyway, I would like to know if I have rights here because the delivery wasn't for an item that I just bought. It was initially delivered but stopped working within the warranty period and they agreed to fix it for free.  Appreciate your help 🙏🏼   Thanks!
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

A&L bank charges

spacemarine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone

im still pretty new to all this, i have finally done it, yesterday i sent the first letter to my bank asking for the statements as set down in the templates, im now looking forward to having a fight, i cant say what i feel about banks but i wish everybody in the same boat the best of luck

keep up the good work :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sent off my first letter of request, getting prepared for the next stage, can somebody clarify that my schedule of bank charges that i must submit at the seconnd stage are a list of all charges that I have taken from my bank statments which A&L have supplied and can i include item paid charges, thanks :idea:

That is correct, you can include any charges. Paid direct debit fee's, Overdarft Charge, late payment charges, referrel charges and card missuse fee's etc.

They are usually around £20-40 a time, so it soon adds up!!

I had an A+L account for 16 months and received £650 in charges!!

• 2 months later...

hi everybody

ok then have done everything to the book, i have now received a letter from A&L solicitor acknowledgeing of service and giving notice of intention to defend, ok getting scary now but not going to give up, can any body tell me what happens next? whats my next move?also my OLC is in the northampton county court, silly question but can i get the case moved to nearer home, as i start preparing for court are there any rough guides as to preparing my case and what should i do in terms of paper work. lots of questions i know but have managed to get this far with all the great help from this site

Many Thanks

hi

I have received a letter from solicitors today saying the same as yours, if you have a look at my thread and see what others have said about this as it is a little intimidating when solicitors letter comes (and my daughter joked about me being on gmtv as the first person who loses to the bank not v funny ) will follow whats being said to you as looks as if we are at about the same stage

hi

the advise on here seems to be do nothing about it so I am going to wait and try not to think about it, they have got in my case about 20 days or so to come up with defence - i think its natural to want to respond to letter but i am worried it would make it worse and i dont know what i would say - it beats me why they do this but think its to try and put you off carrying on.

Dizzy & Spacemarine,

Just hold tight. All&Pester use in house staff to write these letters. They are intended to intimidate, some people will panic and bail out.

I take it you have both laid your claims on MCOL or at your local County Court. All&Pester will drag it out to the very last moment and then settle.

Look at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html IF you want a guide to what may happen next if they really do push it as far as they possibly can.

Don't fret all on the forums are here to help and advise as best we can.

Good luck :D:cool::)

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.

• 2 weeks later...

hi everybody

got my letter from their solicitors today fileing their defence

haveing read the other threads it looks like the same 5 pages of contempt

that every one is being sent as a defence,

im no expert but once you read it a few times you start to realise what a thinly veiled piece of old cobblers it is and rather that the intended job of intimidation its meant to be has done nothing less and made me very angry, so come on everybody lets stuff it to them where the sun dont shine.

ok! appologies for the rant.

having filed their defence would one of you kind people please advise me as to genraly what happens next and what i should do next?

i am claiming through mcol.all things sitting ok

i have pretty much done everything as by the advice of everyone on the site in the correct manner.

should i now start to prepare my court bundle ready for the court

i thank everybody for their help and kindness

Hi I got a letter from their solicitors today as well saying they intend to defend but all that was attached was a copy of the form they had sent to mcol, this letter was dated 1 day after a letter from A&L offering me £600 (refused!) not sure what happens next I think the court sets a date and send us out paperwork to fill in? good luck:)

hi

i think you may have got a ackowledgement of service letter

the defence stuff looks a bit scary and is about 7 sheets worth

but have a good look through it all when it arrives

i think A&L solicitors must be using half the rainforest in paper not only are they wasting time they are wasting all that paper as well

i wonder if we could get an order for them to plant a tree for every case they lose LOL

You may or may not get an AQ from the court. I gather some courts are not now sending them out (unnecessary time and admin. on their behalf:rolleyes:). If you do have one sent, it costs another £100, but not sure if you still have to pay this if you don't receive one.

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Hi bubblesdarling

I got the letter from solicitors saying they intended to defend, letter from court confirming this, then few days later got the defence, I rang the court today and they said to complete AQ which I printed off through link on here and am going to take it in tomorrow. Clerk at the court said they have to complete one too, dont know where they get theirs from assume the court sends it will see what the post brings tomorrow. they have in my case until 17 May to get it in.

If you did your claim online there is something on here bout AQ not being sent out http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html?highlight=allocation#post695176 (think thats how to link to it!!)

• Haha 1

wow thanks - this has been so helpful. Yes the link has said that in some cases recently that the courts have not been sending out AQ's, cutting corners to stop the delay tactics of the Bank. So I will wait and see. hopefully I will have a court date soon.

Thanks again and good luck with your claim ...

hi guys

i have not had a AQ from the court yet , i am basically waiting to receive one, i was assuming that because i had not got one that A&L had not placed their defence with the court and what i had received from the solicitor was another scare tactic,

i need to look into this further

thanks for your help

hi guys

just seen the link, makes interesting reading they still have 10 days to go and i have not heard anything from the court yet so im still going to sit tight, nothing on my mcol file so im basically just waiting iwas wondering if the time runs out and i have not got my AQ can i still apply for judgement or will some one say no because i have not sent my AQ

thanks

hi

have five days to go before judgement have not had any AQ papers just the standard defence sent from solicitors,

noted a thread saying that they had not got a proper list of charges section 10, i also had this but as they sent me a photo copy of the charges thought it was a bit strange and im still sitting tight, could this possibly be a get out on a technical issue

hi

have been scanning some other areas of the site, have been to the lyods tsb section, i think we should all have a look in this section as like myself im near to getting a court date and one thing i have noticed is that there is an importance to getting a strong bundle together in case it does go all the way

one thing i noticed that messed up someones case was the lack of evidence against the defendent i.e that they could not supply a copy of the banks terms and conditions ( something which i dont have) that would possibly be used in court, may i take this opertunity to ask if any one could obtain and post these on site as im sure many dont have this information, i will try and find what i can from the banks web site,

i feel that there may be an area that the bank can use against a claim by stating they are service charges ( banks standard defence )

i think we need to address possible loopholes in this area that the bank may use, unfortunatly i dont have the legal abilitie to understand or mount a defence should they start argueing about service charges.

also of interest

would it be possible to state That the Defence is struck out as an abuse of process, pursuant to rule 3.4(2)(b) of the Civil Procedure Rules.

On the basis that the Defendant has filed a template defence then subsequently settled each and every other claim of this nature.

would there be a list somewhere of a list of cases that could be used as evidence to support a claim

ok then i hope somebody understands what im getting at here on both sections of this post i think many of us are charging into the unkown hoping that the banks stop short before court,(myself included)

but it is important that we have a good defence to put forward just in case

so please lets start getting some meat to put on the bones of our case and start to build a rough online bundle before the banks realise that they can pick us all off when it gets to court because of the lack of evidence.

good luck to every body