General form of judgment or order-barclays recieved in south wales

stephenhayes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just an update from south wales.

Living just outside newport area and my case was going to be held in newport, but apparentley all these cases where directed to cardiff as a Block booking!! Anyway just recieved my letter today from cardiff about the court date, it reads.....

Before district judge Hendicott sitting at cardiff county court, cardiff civil justice centre, 2 park st, cardiff, cf10 1et.

Upon the courts own motion. The court has made this order of its own initiative without a hearing. If you object to the order, you must make an application to have it set aside, varied or stayed within 7 days of receiving it.

It is ordered that

1. Directions will be given in this case by the designated civil judge, his honour judge G Hickinbottom, on the ##th of march at 10.30am cardiff civil justice centre, 2 park st, cardiff cf101et.

2. The parites may appear in person or make written representations as to how the case should proceed provided a copy of the representations is sent to the court and the other side at least 7 working days prior to the hearing.

dated today.

What do you guys think about this approach from the courts and as anyone else gone throught this scenario? They have not asked for a court bundle pack to be sent have they? I was thinking should i phone barclays or write to them to see if they want to settle in full before the court date. What do you guys think. Any adivce would be appreciated.

take care

stephen

Hi, I received two identicla letters today, and am very confused as both of them-Barclays and Natwest are to be heard at exactly the same time on exactly the same day, as is yours by the sound of it. When you find out what happens next will you please let me know, likewise if I shed some light I'll get straight back to you. Don't give up though, I just won my claim against Halifax, they caved in after they were served with on-line claim so I haven't got to this stage before.

Good Luck

SuJ

What do you guys think about this approach from the courts and as anyone else gone throught this scenario? They have not asked for a court bundle pack to be sent have they? I was thinking should i phone barclays or write to them to see if they want to settle in full before the court date. What do you guys think. Any adivce would be appreciated.

take care

stephen

I think it is another case (sorry!) of the court's getting fed up with all these cases being filed, then having the bank's pay up just before the court date. They are plainly going to force the bank's (hopefully) to finally put up or shut up.

Good move by the courts me thinks:)

hi all,

there are quite a few of us that are attending the hearing for the 26th march at cardiff court.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/28454-c-k-barclays-3.html

Claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Hi guys and gals, I attended a hearing with Judge Hickingbottom in December, details here.. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mercantile-court-cases-stays/47462-new-test-case-hearing-3.html

My guess is if you haven't had a settlement beforehand he will deal with your case there and then. If you do have to go I would suggest you take your case notes with you so you have all your information to hand (see in particular post #55)

Please don't be worried, it was very informal and the Judge seems to be a very nice guy with the consumers best interests in mind. He ordered the banks that hadn't paid up to do just that:)

If you need any more info just give me a shout.

Thanks for the advice stadium!

I wouldn't be suprised if we all hear from Barclays before we reach court stage anyway...

On that subject, I received a phone call at home this morning from number 0845 3004275. I didn't get to the phone in time but when I tried ringing the number back I got a recorded message saying:

"You were called today by your bank, we will call back some time in the next few days"

Does anyone know if this could be Barclays? Or maybe it was someone trying to rip me off and steal my money... some might say that could be the same thing lol

hi

i've received the same letter from the courts in cardiff also .

please could you give me some advice on the next step as i'm a bit worried i might do something wrong at this stage ?

do i have to send anything to the court or the bank before this date or do i just attend and see what the judge says?

thanx

simone480

Im thinking do we need to send something to the court also, i dont know on previous posts people have sent in a bungle pack. But some latest news,i rang barclays and wanted to speak to the peson who was handling my claim but was told she had left the office 30min ago. So i rang the again the next day only to be told that she new longer works for the company. Ive read this some where on here before im sure.

I spoke to a chap who was very polite and asked for my phone number which i gave to him. He said he was aware that the court date was in march and went on to tell me it was to early for barclays to offer a settlement before the court date. He did say sometime in feb i should expect a phone call.

So thats the latest with me, anyone else had something similar to this? I think it might now be a case of sitting tight and waiting for them to ring me in feb.

Good luck everyone.

stephen

• 3 weeks later...

I rang them on Friday and the woman I spoke to said that as they are dealing with so many claims at the moment, they will be getting in touch with me around 2 weeks before the court date to settle. I asked if they are deffinately going to settle and she said yes, they are settling with every valid case they get...