Me V Them

scotlady
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I am in the process of claiming back charges for a single account & Joint account.

I have my statements for single account & managed to get final figure to claim back. I was wondering how they will react if I claim Interest back as well. Dont wanna anger them incase they get awkward...

:-|

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quickie..

I have the figure but after reading a few posts here I aint sure if I send the actual Claim for money back to Swindon or Northampton.

Can someone advise me pls?

I know I sent the fee to Northampton.

Thanx peeps:D

I aint sure if I send the actual Claim for money back to Swindon or Northampton.

Can someone advise me pls?

Send it to:

Charles Bacon

Solicitor

Legal Compliance (Corporate Affairs)

Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide House

Pipers Way

Swindon

SN38 1FN

Claim the interest if you know how to use the spreadsheet (templates lirary).... if the claim is not for to much, the interest on the interset charges will be negligable. If you mess it up it could cost you your case. But claim it by all means if you are confident.

Are you talking about where to send the letters or the actual court claim?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

• 2 weeks later...

hi scotlady, yes thats right send off the LBA now, i sent mine to northampton and i got the standard fob off letter, so i think that is where you should send it. best of luck

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Thanx Lori:)

Dont suppose you can answer this as well..

Since I wrote my initial claim to them they have added more charges onto my account. Do I have to start a new claim, ignore them or can I add them on to the current claim??

Sry thanx

hi scotlady, you can add on the new charges into your LBA, stating that you have added recent charges, the maddening thing about this is none of the depts actually work together, the left hand doesnt know what the right ones doing!!!!!!!!! each letter you send gets sent off to different departments, so it should be fine to add these on.

hope this has helped. x

Hi, me again..:)

Forgive me for being a bit slow but I just wanna clarify what i do now..

Got refusal letter from Nationwide...

Next step?

LBA to Nationwide. Do I start a claim now with Court or wait till a certain length of time has passed & then start it?:confused:

Sry if it aint in stages I get confused..

Thanx for helping me..

Jacqui:oops:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/731-case-guidance-notes-making.html

this should give you an idea of how to prepare for court, when you send off your lba you give them 14 days to respond favourably or you will begin court action, stick to this tried and tested method and try to read about others who are a bit ahead of you with their claim. You are not being a bit slow! it takes a bit of getting your head round, by all means begin to prepare for court as nw will not pay up until you file a claim aginst them but you have to allow them 14 days to reply, if i can i will answer any Qs you have but post any qs someone will come along and answer them for you.

I am sorry to hear you are unwell, try not to get too stressed when dealing with the banks its not worth it! ( i am a student nurse, so please listen)

lorraine x

See this through.

I filed my MCOL 22 Jan and they settled today!!

Woolwich N1 issued 15.01.07 £11k

Acknowledged 01.02.07

Defence Filed 15.02.07

AQ Filed 21.02.07

AQ Deadline 05.03.07

Woolwich AQ late, given till 16.03.07

29.03.07, Judgement rec, woolwich to pay up by 10.04.07

Money received 16.04.07

Nationwide MCOL issued 22.01.07 £1k

Settled in full 05.02.07:D

Account being closed

Appeared on Watchdog 20.02.07

Abbey Issue MCOL £5k 24.01.07

Defence Filed 21.02.07

29.03.07, AQ hearing set for 20.04.07 with other like cases.

11.04.07, Full settlement letter received for £5,769.12

Send it to:

Charles Bacon

Solicitor

Legal Compliance (Corporate Affairs)

Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide House

Pipers Way

Swindon

SN38 1FN

Just me again... I have my LBA ready to post but what addy do I send it to, above or the same addy that was on the refusal letter?

Which was -

Richard Huntley

Member Accounting Services

1st Floor Electra House

Farnsby Street

Swindon

SN2 1SR :confused:

or there is also this one -

Member Service

NBS

Kings Park Road

Moulton Park

Northampton

NN3 6NW

sry & thanx in advance:)

hi scotlady i sent my lba to 1st floor electra house and they got it so i would go ahead and send it there. x

hi scotlady i sent my lba to 1st floor electra house and they got it so i would go ahead and send it there. x

Thanx mate:)

Just 1 more wee thing before I send it off.. On the template it has this bit -

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.

If I didnt put the Interest amount charged on in initial letter can I put it on the LBA now or do I have to wait till Court claim?

The interest bit confuses me as I aint sure whether to claim it or not incase I am pushing my luck..

Also wasnt sure if its the same interest thats mentioned when putting in a court claim.:confused:Assuming there is only 1 interest..I claim this interest once yeah. Hope that makes sense to u coz it dont much to me..:?:

hi scotlady, you can claim 8% interest which is applied at the court, you can also claim contractual interest, i havent as i have found it way too complicated, i didnt put the interest on at the lba stage, i just put the total amount of charges on lba, but also stated that if it went to court i would be seeking charges, interest and costs.

hope this helps. x:)

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update -

LBA was delivered to them last Monday (12 Feb), the 14 days I gotta give I am assuming is 14 Working Days??

I also finally just got the copies of my statements through for my other Nationwide Account which I sent for on 12 Jan,, 39 days later.. Cutting it a bit fine I must add:rolleyes:

I have now got my Initial letter for that one all ready and waiting..:)

hi scotlady, well i did not allow for weekends but thats not to say i was right, i got the standard fob off letter within the 14 days ,i filed my claim yesterday with mcol and it was issued today, they have 14 days to reply so i am too anxiuosly waiting, some people have advised that you only carry out one claim at a time so the bank cannot claim that you are wasting the courts time by being on the wrong track as it could then be thrown out, i am unsure as your claim is for two seperate accounts if this would be the case i will however try and find out for you. best of luck .x

• Haha 1

14 days is including weekends hence 2 weeks

• Haha 1

Knowledge is Power

Go get em!

Have I been of any help to you? if so please click my scales to the left to enhance my reputation. Thank you. If not PM me.

Nationwide - won claim 

Advice & opinions of mahharg are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 3 weeks later...

good luck scotlady, the fourteen days is calender days so you do not have to allow for weekends, good luck x