Paul Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well after going through my statments it seems i have been charged £2462 by Halifax over the last 18 months, thankfully before this my finances were on an even keel :). So after watching the Money Program last year I completed the BBC letter template, enclosed a copy of all the statments with the charges hi-lighted and sent it to Halifax on the 15th of December. On the 19th I got their template response (we need up to 4 weeks to look in to this) since it was aproaching Christmas I decided to let them have their 4 weeks (I am a really kind guy ;).) well on the 28th day still no reply, so I sent them the last chance letter not enclosing all the statments again but just a list of all the charges as listed on the statments with corresponding dates. I got a reply yesterday :| I am sure you can guess what it says. ( I am sorry we haven't got back to you before now but we need more time, we will let you know before the 14th of Feb:rolleyes:.) Well if there is nothing further then next Tuesday I will be putting in my claim through the courts. Good Luck to everyone else.

Okay well I put the claim through online yesterday, checked this morning and it has now been issued. But I am now a little concerned as I have just got a letter from the bank offering a settlement of £70 less than I originally claimed. What do I do? do i send them a letter accepting the amount as part payment? or do i not accept and wait for it to go through the court?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Well today was the 19th day for a response from Halifax to the court, and surprise surprise they have acknowledged this morning. why oh why do they keep delaying when they know they are going to have to pay out in the end and it is costing them more interest everyday....

Well the letter from the court arrived today saying that the bank has Acknowledged the claim. then this evening I checked my online bank statement and there was all the money I had claimed including the interest and court fees :D the only thing missing is the £11 in interest since the start of court precedings :rolleyes: well I will phone them in the morning and have a gentle word in their shells before canceling the litigation but it looks like i have done it :lol: I have donated to the site, and good luck to everyone else, just hang in there and Howard will give you Xtra....

I'm not that much further down the line than you, noclue. Prelim only went off on 19th :(

Still, that means there's only about 10 days (or so) left until LBA time, then 14 days after that its Court Filing Time! Who knows, we may even get paid early!! I certainly hope so, I'm skint! Payday Monday, but that usually means I've got my head above water for 10 days or so before I'm sucked back under...boo hoo!