Advice Wanted Please

pjd145
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All.

Newbie here so hoping you will bear with me and point me in the right direction.

Recently sent the request to my bank to reclaim charges they have applied.

Now want to start sorting out the DCA's who are chasing for payments of the credit card debts.

Have kept all the statements from the Credit Card companies and have this week sent off the letters requesting full refunds of the charges applied.

Was making occasional payments to the DCA as and when I could do so but having read through the posts on here concerning some of those that I am having to deal with I am beginning to think they dont own the debts.

The questions i would now like to have answered to are

1) As I have written to the Credit Card companies for refunds does this mean that the debts are now in dispute. If so do I write to the DCA and advise them of this.

2) Do I now also write to the DCA and request a S.A.R. or would it be better to request the CCA or will I need to have both statement. (I assume it will be best to send these letters Recorded Delivery)

Looking forward to receiving advice and trust you wont mind if i need to ask more questions.

Many Thanks

1) As I have written to the Credit Card companies for refunds does this mean that the debts are now in dispute. If so do I write to the DCA and advise them of this.

2) Do I now also write to the DCA and request a S.A.R. or would it be better to request the CCA or will I need to have both statement. (I assume it will be best to send these letters Recorded Delivery)

1. YES

2. CCA to see whether they actually own the debt but a SAR if you want to know what transactions have been happening on the account.

Hi PJD-welcome to the forum-and good luck reclaiming your money.

Whenever you write to these companies, send them by recorded delivery

and keep copies of what you send, and retain their replies.

The CCA is the best request to make since they need to produce your

original agreement at the very least, complete with your signature and

countersigned on behalf of the c/card company. They have 12 days to

produce all the relevant documents [allow an extra two days for the mail

delivery]. Failure to produce within the time puts them in default, and they

are not allowed to pursue you for the debt while the CCA request has not

been complied with.

You should send sars to the c/card companies if you have not done so, as

you may need access to that info should a Court case be necessary. In

addition, you should read the faqs on the first page of the forum, plus the

step by step guide in there as a minimum, and read some of the threads on

the individual c/card sections from which you are reclaiming.

Oh what a great feeling that was

Got a phone call at 8.35 this morning from my friendly Capquest worker.

After the security questions. Informed him that the account was now in dispute and a letter notifying Capquest of that was in the post.

Asked why it was in dispute so i said because of possible illegal charges being applied to the account. He asked how much was involved so I said around £400. He said if he reduced the debt by that amount would I pay the account today. Told him no and could hear him getting more and more angry. Told him I was not going to say anything else to him and put the phone down on him. Was expecting another call at work throughout the day but it never come.

Really enjoyed getting a bit of my own back.