Do I have a chance with the Halifax??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lulu it depends on where your nearest Court is. If they have a huge backlog like Seaside lady I would do MCOL. Post where it is & I can try & find out for you

HSBC 1st preliminary letter £3692 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

HSBC 1st Preliminary Letter £3280 10.10.06 LBA sent 24.10.06

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

Halifax Visa SADR 11.10.06

CITI SADR 12.10.06

HSBC Gold card SADR 23.10.06

ah thanks jaynekul.

nearest one i think is bromley???

i cant believe i havent heard a thing from them.quite tempted to phone them up just to let them know i mean business! thought i would have got a letter acknowledging my lba which runs out on fri tho ! x

Dont bother wasting your life ringing them you are only throwing your money away. They will say (& I am quoting from my own experiences in the plural) "oh yes your file is marked with a letter to go out today, if you just wait & see then ring us when you get it, until then we cant discuss it further" You will then wait up to 10 more days & then get a letter offering you less than half what you are claiming. Isue then you can get the interest. Bromley doesnt have the backlog weigh up which 1 is best for you then go for it

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

Jaynekul

I just had to phone them today even tho you said it wasnt worth it but i just wanted them to know i meant business!

They said they were very busy i told them they could save themselves 8% interest if they sorted it out before we went to court they said a letter was being sent to me on the 26th feb.I told them that wasnt good enough for me and that on monday morning I will be filling a claim a against them.They said ok.

Im not really that bothered as my interest will be another £300 or so.Would be easier to not go to the courts but as i can see from reading all the posts the banks are not making it easy.

Therefore the woman said she will put on my notes that I will be filling against them if I do not hear anything by monday!!Looks like tonight will be me sorting out the interest and filling in the ni form that i have downloaded.

Would it be aprob if I ave any more questions to ask.

I have read so many threads yet i still feel that i have no idea what to do or expect from the whole court process.Arghh xxxxx

Strange...

This afternoon I receieved two phonecalls from the halifax.

1st to my dads house which i havent lived in for 3years.The halifax are so stupid and do not seem to update their records.argh.He told them to try my mob.

I then got a voicemail from Margaret at the halifax.Very mumbled message saying that she was sorry she didnt get to speak to me but will be sending it in the post today! What the hell is 'it'?? I have noooo idea so lets see wot the postie brings in the morning. Bet its gonna be horrid.xx :confused:

Keep us all informed...

they called me today to tell me that I'm over my authorised o/draft by £60 ish

Got defensive when I told them that if they hadn't taken £312 in charges over the last week or so then the account would be ok..

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It might be an offer lulu. ;)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

It might be an offer lulu. ;)

I had a similar experience, was told over the phone that a letter was being sent out. When the letter arrived - day before LBA expired - it was just further waffle about '...sorry you're unhappy... ...complaint is being looked into... ...we have until 9th March...'

If they waited until 9th March, then that will be the 2nd time they have tried to push MY deadline back. They really do beggar belief!! I'm sure that my letter was sent to try and delay me filing my claim - guess only the arrival of the post will tell.

I hope that you get an offer, I really do, but my experience, to date, with Haliprats tells me that the only way that themajority of people are getting an offer is by filing a claim at court.

Survivor :cool:

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

well.....

no letter arrived! i phoned the halifax this morning first thing.Spoke to a girl who said the letter was an offer for £3980 my claim was for £4216.

So she gave me the number of the woman that sent the letter Margaret Mcquire.She was unavailable so spoke to Richard Dewhurst and expalined to him that that was not good enough and that if the rest(£228)was not offered I would be filling against them on Monday.He was very nice and said he didn't want it to get to that.I then explained that if they don't offer the full amount they will have to pay interest plus court costs plus the 228. He told me he would phone me back at 3pm.

He didn't!

So...

I phoned back again and spoke to a lady called Tracey Jones who has agreed to pay the full amount! All I need to do is ammend the form that was sent yesturday that should arrive tommorrow ,send it off and the full amount will be in my account within 14 days!

What do you lot think? I am not counting my chickens till it goes into my account. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sounds excellent, but wont congrat you till pennies in account :p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well done hope you get the money soon. We are still waiting

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

I had an offer which I accepted on 12 February. The acceptance form arrived the next day and I posted it back to them, recorded on 14 February. £6500 was credited to my account yesterday and I am off to draw the lot out tomorrow and buy myself a new car!!! Thanks Halifax - you bought me a Lexus!!

They have rung & told me that they are prepared to credit the account tomm or Mon with the undisputed amounts but the rest they are going to apply to have Judgment set aside

Capital 1 SADR 11.10.006

CITI SADR 12.10.06

• 2 weeks later...

got the whole lot back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!! went into my account on thursday!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be making a donation xx

Thank you sooo much everyone that has helped me xxxxxxx

:p :p :p

If I can be of any help to others Im here ! xx