Unsure how to start claim...

jackglass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would like to claim the last 5yrs of bank charges, I've bought the ACTION GROUP stickers for my envelopes. Do I request an S.A.R first and is £10 the standard fee for this?

Once I received the S.A.R, I take it I then print of the first letter template requesting my charges be refunded? I'm not going for the interest, just all the charges. I'm on the DHSS, my cash get's paid into a different account, yet the TSB are hitting me with charges on top of charges even though I have no direct debits with them anymore. I'm also part of a financial managment group called Baines n Ernest because of my financial difficulties, yet the bank won't remove the current charges, even though they said they are sympathetic.

I've had enough of them, I've got nothing to lose and would like to get the ball rolling. I used to work for the RBS, but they paid me off on capacity grounds (illness) so I am now receiving DHSS payments which is not much.

Could someone give me easy straight forward advice on the best way forward?

Thank you.

The best place to start is here as it's very important you understand what you are undertaking.

It would be easy for someone to say you do this this and this but in the long run that is not helping you .This is a self help forum and when your claim gets to the later stages if you have just been told what to do at each stage you will come unstuck as you will not understand what you have done or why.

read the link I gave you and read the long threads that have already been won before you start.

When you understand what you are doing and the steps needed keep your progress in this thread also ask any questions ( that haven't been answered already in the FAQ's ) in this thread to

good luck

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks...giving it a good read through now. I used to work for the RBS, so I understand how awkward they are. They send out sympathy letters when in actual fact they don't give a damn about the customers. I have a couple of quickfire questions that I'm unsure of.

1. If I already have a full set of bank statments and know how much I want to claim, does this mean I can skip sending in £10 for the S.A.R?

2. The letter I send to them says I have included a schedule of charges, is this the same thing as an S.A.R. if so does that mean I can send them in the bank statments I have showing all their charges that I want to claim back?

Thank you

Yes you can skip the SAR as you have a full set of statements.

The schedule of charges is the spreadhseet which calculates your interest - you need to complete that and send it back.

Hope that helps :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi and Welcome:)

Yes if you have all your statements, you don't need to send the SAR.

Your schedule of charges is the spreadsheet that you fill in listing all your charges, have a look in the Library all the spreadshhets are in there.

Hope that helps!

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)