Question from a newbie!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that the answer is here somewhere but i havnt got time to go through it all. I was just wondering if the Halifax close the account down after you have got the money back?

I really dont want to lose my account but from what i can make out in the last year alone they have taken almost £1500.

Hope you can help me!

Just starting against the Halifax myself.

I must say I have already 'done' Capital One & Monument (barclays).

I have read through a few of the settled Halifax cases & they do seem to roll over pretty quickly (especially compared to Barclays).

Most peeps seem not to grt to MCOL stage & if they do Halifax settle straight away.

I would think they are good to start with as it will give you more confidence to 'crack' some of the harder nuts!

The threads I have read have not included anyone having their bank account closed. However it is always best to set up a parachute account 'just in case'.

Hope this helps!

Just heard of one person having their account closed. It would make ridiculously bad business sense to close all our accounts.

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

I think they like to threaten to close the accounts, but not many do get closed. Also i think most of the ones that get closed are if people put in repeat claims for the same account.

But if your worried it wont do any harm to open a parachute account. :)

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Seasidelady said it in a nutshell!

A D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Another charge by the Bank?"

1st Claim (Current account)

30/11/06 WON! £3146.41

2nd Claim (Mortgage charges)

27/3/07 WON! - £277

3rd Claim (Credit card charges)

14/5/07 WON! £300

4th Claim (Old account 97-99 £444)

20/4/07 Prelim sent

9/5/07 LBA sent

Can't remember now but I WON!!!

My current thread - An A-Z - My previous saga

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES - THANK YOU.

Hi - welcome! I claimed against Halifax and in their settlement letter to me, they said they reserved the right to close the account if the account wasn't run properly in the future. I'm still with them, but I presume it means if I were to try to claim charges again in the future, then they would close it. I'd better be good!!! Take a few mins to read my thread. Halifax settled with me really quickly. Best wishes. jaxads

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek: