Halifax Statements - Can I claim for the following ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys !

Ok just got back home and am going through my statements with a fine tooth comb to find charges.

Ok I have found a lot of the following charges:

Charges As Notified - £5.00

Interest debited - notified last month - £ xx.xx (various amounts)

Can I claim for these ? I'm very curious as to why at times the Halifax only charged me £5.00 when other times it was £35.00 ? :confused:

If anyone can confirm this it would be of great help to me, as I am not sure about the Interest debited - notified last month bit - is it claimable back ? I want to get this done tonight and posted first thing tomorrow morning !!

thanks guys !

Hi 2die4.

Claim for "charges as notified".

If you want to send it tonight, then don't claim the interest, because it is a little more complicated.

You are entitled to reclaim the part of the interest that was charged on the penalty charges, but not on authorised overdraft interest. As the statements don't list these figures seperately, you need to use a spreadsheet to calculate the reclaimable amount.

Regards, Rooster.

• Confused 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

hi Rooster !

cheers for the quick reply ! OK I'll deduct the Interest debited - notified last month. They are small amounts but there is fair few of them. I'll leave it though and get it all sorted out tonight.

I just wish what the hell my standing orders were for ! I thought it would have listed where the money was going but it just says Standing Order and the amount. Have been racking my brain as the payments are very inconsistant as well ... Hmmm ....

Thanks again for the prompt reply Rooster - I appreciate it !! Will