this will make you laugh

graham
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

phoned up lloyds about statements last week and got the normal load of rubbish about £5 per sheet so said about DPA surly enough 3 days later a letter arives with all statements but the funny thing is this morning 19 (yes 19) letters turned up with all my statments in again .

must of cost them a few quid (poor old post man) :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, fair play to Lloyds TSB. I wrote to them last week asking for the amounts that they had charged me in 'late payment fees' on my my credit card, quoting the Data Protection Act and sure enough I recieved a big bundle consisting of all my previous statements in the post today... at no charge either!

They are refusing to refund the charges though, so will need to threaten them with legal action and see what happens.....

Smile £315 Paid In Full March 2006 (no court action)

MBNA £2600 Paid In Full May 2006 (no court action)

HBOS £5800 Paid in Full August 2006 (action raised but not defended)

Morgan Stanley £585 Paid In Full August 2006 (no court action)

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know i filed a claim against lloyds and this morning recieved a acknowledgment from a solictor acting on lloyds behalf ,it sounds like they are going to fight the case .

They have untill the 3rd of may to enter a defence.

I have also recieved a number of letters off other solictors acting for lloyds threating me with court action and recieved defaults as well so the fun and games have well and truely started.

MODERATED post moved .. can you please keep to your original thread when updating this is for your benefit and for everyone following your claim

What reasons are they giving to threaten you with court action ?

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

in 2 mounths the ba****ds charged me 470 quid in charges when i was in hospital.

so my overdraft went over its limit and i have refused to pay it back .

So start of march i was served default and now im getting these letters .

lloyds must use a diffrent solictor for each dept because its a diffrent firm then the one whose replyed to the county court summons.

just a quick question

If and when lloyds offer me the money back how do i go about getting the defaults overturned (if i can).

i have read something on here about it but can not find it agaim

many thanks

I think you write it in as a demand along with your fight for refund of charges.

Im sure theres threads on this forum of people who achieved this all at once.

Try searching for equifax, or experian those threads must contain something

BL

No get your money back first then start on the default notice otherwise they may be more determined.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

judt recieved the defence from lloyds

Did you know that charges are a sevice not a penalty ????????????????

and there is no breach of contract so chargers are not a penalty????????

if bankfoder reads this where shall i send you a copy of the defence for you to browes

Heh. I'd say "No' date=' we're no longer interested." and not fill in the form or send the money. :evil:[/quote']Who posted this (post #5)?? We have a ghost with n/a number of posts

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Just to let you know i filed a claim against lloyds and this morning recieved a acknowledgment from a solictor acting on lloyds behalf ,it sounds like they are going to fight the case .

They have untill the 3rd of may to enter a defence.

I have also recieved a number of letters off other solictors acting for lloyds threating me with court action and recieved defaults as well so the fun and games have well and truely started.

Am i right in saying that if you are contesting the charges they are not allowed to threaten you?

just received a letter from lloyds in brighton ,saying that they feel that the chargers are fair because of all the extra work involved with running my account so just phoned them to say all contact now is a little bit to late it up for a judge to decide

hyi graham

thanks for the post.

well aleast they are begining to listen.

still waiting for a reply to my letter will let you know.

lets keep at them better in our pockets then theres

eholt

:confused:

well as someone said in the forum that we only a small thorn in there backsides ,who the banks should worry about is the OFT

HAS ANY ONE GOT A COPY OF THE CONTRACT LLOYDS ASK YOU TO SIGN WHEN OPENING YOUR ACCOUNT THAT THEY COULD EMAIL ME PLEASE all weekend i have been serching the house with no joy many thanks graham

• 4 weeks later...

GOOD NEWS

just recieved letter of martineau johnson (thanks Heather)agreeing to settle my claim in full with all the normal thing attacthed which i will be not agreeing too.

also i have received a leter for mr k phillips from cardiff agreeing to settle his claim too (lol)

since the i started the claim i have had about £300 more charges against me (what do i do now) and also getting the defaults served against me wiped out

phoned up martineau johnson yesterday to say i will not acept unless the defaults are removed ant they said "unless i asked for it on my claim its to late and the judge would not do any thing about it"is this true

Im sure i read a thread in here that covered all of this m8.

Did you use the templates for all of your letters as they have specific sentences in requesting not only your charges back but your default as well?

If you did then surely lloyds are expecting you to fight the default as well as the charges.

Data Protection Act Request sent 22nd April 2006 (recorded delivery) to Penny Berryman 40 days up on 1st June 2006.

Statements recieved 5th May 2006

Claiming back = £3913.65

Preliminary Letter Sent 5th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 9th May

Letter Before Action Sent 9th May (recorded delivery) to Customer Care, Birmingham. Told me to sod off on the 12th May

Moneyclaim filed issued 6th June (14 days to reply) Time up on 20th June.

Acknowledged 15th June (28 days to defence)

Time up on 13th July.

Defence Recieved 7th July

Going Before the Judge 15th September

Court Date 5th December

• 3 weeks later...

ok im at the stage now where i need to do something

lloyds have said they will pay be back all my money thats owed but with conditions and all so recieved a letter from solictors saying they will not clear my default

so far i have returned the conditions letter with some crossed out (the one that says i have no future claim against lloyds including the default)

so any help will be great

many thanks

just recieved a 2nd conditions letter back with a few things changed

it has been sent WITHOUT PREDUDICE PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL which i think means it can not be used in court (tell me if i am wrong) ,so does that mean if i accept the offer and terms and lloyds payme and i still go to court to get the default turned over lloyds can not use the conditions i have signed???????? hope you understand what im trying to say many thanks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks