Airbag v Abbey

airbag
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sending my prelim letter and schedule of charges by recorded post tomorrow to the Customer Satisfaction Centre in Milton Keynes.

I'm asking for £702 in bank charges plus £67.51 in overdraft interest that incurred over the last 6 years. Total £769.51

Based on 2 accounts of which one was closed some years ago but did have £60 of charges on it, so why not add it on eh. :D

Will give them until the end of this month and then do the LBA letter.

I intend to get every penny back and don't mind if they use their well-known stalling tactics as it will just mean more interest for me in the end. :p

Well, let's see what happens... quite looking forward to it, should be fun

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi airbag,

Good luck with the claim............make sure you get every penny back!

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I received the standard fob-off reply from Abbey from Andrew Nanson (Business Manager) along with a complaints leaflet.

"Sorry that you have been so unhappy that you have felt you must complain.... "

"One of my team will be resonsible for investigating your complaint"

"..we will write to you in 4 weeks to let you know what is happening." !! [yeah right]

Will be sending the LBA letter in 1 week...

He's a busy man this Mr Nanson........he wrote to me last week saying exactly the same thing:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

LBA letter sent recorded post today, along with another copy of the schedule of charges

(which Im sure from reading other threads they will say they didn't get at some point in the future!)

another 14 days to wait... tick tick.. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

well 14 days are up.

I got 2 letters on Friday 16th Feb both from Marc Winder basically saying the same thing...

1st letter dated 12/2/07 --" Sorry not been able to resolve your concerns Will do thorough investigation, can take time. Will reply within 4 weeks. Hope we can find a solution you are happy with, ". . yadda yadda standard spiel

2nd letter 14/2/07 --"Sorry for the delay, thank you for your patience. Our research is taking longer than expected.... we will write to you in 4 weeks to let you know how we are getting on. I am sorry it is taking us longer than originally thought and would like to reasssure you that your complaint is very important to us. "..yadda yadda standard spiel.

So need to look into the next step after LBA? Is it N1 or something?

Time to trawl this site again and prepare myself for the next step of the dance.

Any tips welcomed.

Yep - time to issue your N1 claim.:cool:

2 Accounts with statements back to Feb 04 = £802 in charges

S.A.R received by Abbey 22.09.06 .......start the clock!:D

9.10.06 received letter from Pam Speed 'information to follow'

12.10.06 received last 14 months of altered statements :rolleyes:

01.11.06 LBA sent to Abbey for statements

10.11.06 received statements back to 2000 - on one account:|

15.11.06 2nd LBA sent for outstanding information

26.11.06 Outstanding info arrives

30.11.06 Prelim for £1089 received by Abbey

06.12.06 Sorry you are unhappy letter received

21.12.06 Sent LBA giving 14 days before court action

22.12.06 Received GOGW for £375

Update

--------

My total claim is now down to £685.68 as Abbey cancelled 2 pending £35 charges they were gonna hit me with this month as a GOGW.

I just added two credits on to the bottom of my spreadsheet so everyone can see why it has reduced. Should I also write to acknowledge this GOGW?

I am ready to do the N1 thing, but what is this MCOL I keep reading about? Is that better way to do the next step?

Also, I am in Scotland and although my claim is under the £750 max for Scottish small claims I have gone back 6 years (max. is only 5 in Scotland) and there are a couple of charges in 2001 I would like to get back. I know its only £60 odd quid but still.

So I am going to do it in England, its no big deal, I can use my mums address in England and dont mind going down there if I have to.

So should I be doing the N1 or the MCOL?

I will go and do some more digging on this MCOL thingy.

TIA for any replies

Have just submitted my MCOL claim online for £898.71 plus £80 court costs. This now includes the 8% interest (£213.03 and growing ;-) )

I am sending a letter to The Court Manager with the schedule of charges to attach to my claim.

Also, I need to send another letter to Abbey with the revised schedule of charges as it now has the interest (plus two cancelled pending charges have been added to my spreadsheet - they cancelled them as a GOGW)

So I want to update them on the schedule of charges as I know they will ask for this again.

But I cannot find a letter template anywhere for this? Can anyone help?

Should I also send this recorded post and do I need to include a copy of the MCOL claim form with my letter to Abbey? (or will they get one anyway from the court?)

Cheers

Will this do for my follow-up letter to Abbey?

Complaints

Abbey

PO Box 5129

Milton Keynes MK9 2YN

26th February 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBERS: xxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxx (Now closed.) YOUR REF: xxxxxx

Thank you for the cancellation of the 2 pending charges (£70) on account xxxxxxxx.

However, I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter of the 5th Febraury 2007 and I have now begun a claim against you for the full amount plus 8% interest as per section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984.

A revised schedule of the breakdown of the claim amount is enclosed for your reference, which has been amended to reflect the cancellation of the 2 pending charges and also the inclusion of 8% interest.

Yours faithfully,

I haven't got quite this far in the process yet, (I've sent LBA and am waiting before doing N1 -next week).

Your letter looks OK to me - although I'm not convinced that you have to tell them how much interest you're adding, because when you sent your LBA you notified them that you'd be adding the interest as allowed by the court (8%). I think I'd just thank them for the removal of pending charges but remind them that you want a full settlement. Attach your amended schedule without the charges that they didn't apply and not showing the interest (they know it's 8% and should be able to do the calculations), BUT reiterate that you'll be claiming the interest when it goes to court.

Hopefully someone will comment on this before you do anything!

:) KnellyK :)

Thanks for that KnellyK.

Yeah you're right, I did mention interest on my LBA so no need to mention that again. They know anyway.

I've submitted my MCOL on Saturday and sent the court a schedule of charges to attach to my claim form today.

I just wanted to also be seen to be conducting myself properly by informing Abbey, and confirming to them about their GOGW cancelling the 2 pending charges. (will amend my spreadsheet accordingly)

I think I will tweak my letter and send it all recorded along with

the revised schedule of charges which I know they will say they never got even though this is now the 3rd copy I've sent! hehe

What's next? From my reading on here I gather its waiting for them to file a defence or something. Ah well, just see what comes through the letterbox I guess ...

Good luck with your claim Knelly, the LBA bit is peasy :cool:

Hi Airbag

It's good manners to keep them informed - and It'll be a piece of evidence for the court, to show them what a reasonable person you are.

I sent my LBA last week and we got a statement at the weekend informing us they'll be taking more charges on 10th of next month! So, I'll be updating my schedule and sending it to them to show them that I'll be asking for the 'pending charges' on the N1 too! If they remove them as a GOGW -like they have for you- I'll follow your lead and send them a letter with another updated schedule!

I wouldn't have had the confidence to do any of this on my own, it's good to see that others are treading the same path!

Anyway, good luck with your letter! I'll be keeping a close eye on your progress!

:) KnellyK:)

Cheers Knelly. :D

Today, I posted a revised schedule of charges to Abbey (by recorded delivery.) with a covering letter thanking them for cancelling the 2 pending charges and informing them I have now begun the claim.

My mum (using her address for court papers down south) also got a letter from the Northampton Court today. Confirmation probably.

So, now waiting for them to file a defence and try and scare me off n that .:lol:

Today I got the the Notice that Acknowledgment of Service has been filed on 1st March.

The box is ticked "I intend to defend all of this claim." by James Arrandale/ Solicitor.

It says they have 28 days from the date of service (3rd March) to file a defence... so that's 31st March...

So yes, Knelly, just sitting and waiting now... tick, tock, tick, tock... may as well read up what happens when they file so Im ready..

Hi airbag,

My N1 was deemed served on 28th Feb, but no acknowlegement as yet, so I am waiting for 28th March

I got a letter from Abbey today (down at my mums)...

It says they haven't received the breakdown of charges (I knew this was coming!) but they have had 3 copies now.

It also says they want to know how the interest has been calculated and I have been wondering about this as the spreadsheet just shows the amounts of interest but doesn't say how it was calculated.

What have others said to them about this?

They also asked me for a contact phone number and email but Im not sure I want to give that yet...

Hello Airbag

Just send them yet another copy of your schedule of charges, and tell them that the 8% interest is in accordance with Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1980!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for your personal details, I would give them to the shABBEY! It won't do you any harm and they may try calling you to negotiate a settlement!

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

Thanks Phil, but I am referring to the overdraft interest on the penalty charges. (I think abbey are too).

The 8% is easily explained but Ive no idea how the spreadsheet works out the overdraft interest.. anyone?

Will probably give them my email but not telephone. Dont like to be disturbed and put on the spot. With emails u can think about your reply.