Unhappy Bunny vs Lloyds TSB (offer of £750 recieved)

UnhappyBunny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I put a claim into Lloyds for £1250 - filed the court paper work etc.

Today they sent me an offer of £750 in full and final settlement, which they claim will be credited to my account in the next few days.

Has anybody else had this? How do I proceed, obviously I want the full £1250 ;-)

Bunny and twotecs, Lloyds have been doing this a lot recently there are quite a few threads about it. They did the same to me so I sent a rejection letter (there is one in the templates library) off to them and carried on with my claim. Obviously, you have to decide whether you want to continue or not.

Personally, I think this is their new tactic to reduce their liability given the amount of claims they must be receiving. Some people will accept the offer and Lloyds save themselves some dosh.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi all

As you may know my boyf got this (not me though *bitter*) and he has sent off his rejection letter. we will be filing the small claim at the end ofthe month. When it comes to working out the interest we have filled in all the charges on the spreadsheet. We were chatting last night about now that LTSB have given this £750 how do we remove it.

We got total charges, total interest then grand total (charges + interest).

Would it be a case of minusing £750 from the grand total at the bottom, to give a new grand total or is it more complex than that? Im sure i read somewhere that someone said to delete £750 worth of the latest charges (ie row by row), but that will diminish the interest due which is not right surely, because all theyve done is refund the charges not the interest...

please help!!!

**** WON ****

Cap 1 - 07/11/07 - 23/03/07 £165

Ikea - 22/02/07 - 23/03/07 £200

LTSB - 02/10/07 - 24/05/07 £3310

LTSB joint account - 02/07/07 £751

If you want to keep it simple, take the £750 off by removing £750 worth of the most recent charges. Remember that your not entitled to the interest untill you file a court claim.

What you could do though if you wanted to still claim all the interest, is divide 750 by the number of charges that you have. This will give you a figure which you can then subtract from the amount of each charge.

That way the £750 is deducted as a proportion of each charge, rather than as whole charges.

You could then still claim all the 8% interest on the total before the £750 refund up untill the date you received it. Thereafter you would calculate your daily rate from the new total after the refund.

With me?

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Gary -

I've just had a similar £750 offer on a total just over £1500. I want to send the rejection and part payment letter you've linked to above, but it references an LBA. The last letter I sent included the information that if I didn't have a response from them within 7 days, I'd be taking court proceedings. They *have* responded within that timeframe, but only with this offer.

Do I have to issue another LBA, or can I extend them a further 7 day timescale with this offer rejection letter and leave it at that?

Thanks.

Lyssa

No, don't extend your timescale. Send the rejection letter and proceed just as before.

• 2 weeks later...

hi happy bunny

i think im getting a bit lost here i did send a pm to gary earlier buit been waiting for reply but nothing. l have excepted the 750 from lloyds and gary suggested to delete 750 worth of charges but having a problem as my final amount comes to 258 and carnt get that amount after taking 750 off? does that make sense?

Hi Sonic

I think I understand, you are about correct in your post 12.

Deduct from your schedule of charges £750 of the most recent charges, this has the least impact on interest then.

You should show your calcualtions on the spreadsheet so that Lloyds can see you are only claiming the balance.

It is unlikely that those charges will add up to £750 dead, therefore you will have to use one of the charges as a balancing figure.

If you are still struggling, then PM me with your email address and I will send you one 'I prepared earlier'.

You should really start you own Lloyds thread.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.