Intercityman vs MBNA

intercityman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6203 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have submitted my prelim letter today after rin them for my maximum intrest rate. I was supposed to be speaking to Colin but got a lady who kindly informed me the intrest rate is 24.9%.

At this point she didnt attempt to indulge me in dialague over a settlement and said they will be in touch when they recieve my preliminary letter.

So it lets wait and see time now.

I will also now have to address the fact that my SAR was not complete and althogh i could calculate the fee and charges for the last 6 year ( yes not before ). I do not have a SAR which is complete in any way. Any recommendation on this !

What will I get if i choose to take this further ? I prrsume you can take them to court for not supplying the full SAR.

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke recently with Nicola Clement. All thou they seem to think thye know there things. They back down if you give them the facts. I am awaiting a call back tommorrow. So we will see what happens.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Got my call back from an arrogant women called Claire. She claims she has a further 28 days to comply. I kindly told here that she was wrong and that she could contact me in writing when a decsiosn had been made. In the mean time I was sticking to my timetable. I also mentioned she did not comply with my SAR and only passed the 6 years worth of statements. and what they were proposing to do with the non compliance. They said I would need to write in and send another £10. Surely this is incorrect and anyway there opurtunijty to comply has gone. Can any one advise who and how to carry this forward. I guess a LBA letter asking for them to comply might be the answer or should i notify the data protection regitrar immediately ?

Your advises are welcomed.

Rung mBNA today before sending LBA. They young lady said they have a full 28 days from when i sent my first letter so I will get a response on or just before 8th March. I hope they pay out in full other wise its court here we come. Also they didnt comply properly with my SAR and only sent statrment. Correct me if I am wrong but a SAR covers any information they have upon me does it not and an manual interaction they have made on my account.

Advice to all you skilled experts out there please ?

Rung mBNA today before sending LBA. They young lady said they have a full 28 days from when i sent my first letter so I will get a response on or just before 8th March. I hope they pay out in full other wise its court here we come. Also they didnt comply properly with my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and only sent statrment. Correct me if I am wrong but a SAR covers any information they have upon me does it not and an manual interaction they have made on my account.

Advice to all you skilled experts out there please ?

Hi intercity,

well firstly under the DPA the data controller only has to provide personal information and info that is in a relevant filing system. Now this is where it all gets a bit cloudy as what each data controller calls a relevant system can vary greatly. You can find definitions on this on the ombudsman website of course.

Secondly manual intervention is very rare and this will almost certainly not be in the DPA request basically bacause there isnt any, and what there is if any will be very sketchy.

They should have sent you a copy of your ariginal agreement though and of course all your statements ect.

About a week before LBA is out of time, ring them and tell them you are a reasonable person and more than willing to save costs and court time, and settle out of court. This is of course what in the end they want, so you will probably find them will to comply with your request.

Best of luck

Dont Rush - Take Your Time - Dont always take me seriously

:p

If you feel i have helped you then click

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

MBNA - Case Charges+PPI+CI+LA+Damages+costs

RBS Credit Card - Case Charges+CI+LA+Costs

Barclays - Case Charges+CI+LA+Damages+costs

Halifax - Case Charges+CI+Damages+costs

Online Finance - Case Charge+CI+Damages+costs

8 Days remaining on LBA, I get the feeling this could be a court case.

Spoke with James today (01244 672628), I explained I was now not in position of any correspondence from them and my LBA was due to be up on the 8th March. He was at first not intrested in take any of my account details and just told me the letter would be with me before the time was up.

I politely told ok and if I had not had anything by then , i would be proceeding through to the courts. Has anyone had to go beyond the LBA stage with MBNA???? Because I am for now sure ready to....

Barclays are now only 2 weeks away from the same too..... seems i am going to be busy!!!

Spoke with James today (01244 672628), I explained I was now not in position of any correspondence from them and my LBA was due to be up on the 8th March. He was at first not intrested in take any of my account details and just told me the letter would be with me before the time was up.

I politely told ok and if I had not had anything by then , i would be proceeding through to the courts. Has anyone had to go beyond the LBA stage with MBNA???? Because I am for now sure ready to....

Barclays are now only 2 weeks away from the same too..... seems i am going to be busy!!!

Hi Inter, this is interesting actually, there is another poster on our forum zsazsas mum v mbna, asking for info regarding MCOL, I don't know the background yet and have asked her to tell her story, I am surprised that anybody is getting to MCOL stage with MBNA at the moment, they have been rolling very quickly as we all know!

Let's see what happens............:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Intercity,

MBNA run out of time in the morning in my case, im sooo looking forward to the post in the morning. MBNA are going to have a battle on their hands with me:p

I have got pre six year and mis sold PPI in one claim, everything is in place though (as with all my claims) as i have waited specifically till i had paid all the CC's off and closed accounts, same with the banks (apart from barclays, but i open a new account in the morning elsewhere, then i'll close that account). Why do this you ask ?, because i have noticed with the pre six year and contractual interest claims they sneakily try and pay the charges just before the court case, so when they get to court they dont have to prove anything. Well if you dont have an account then they cant do this and therefore have to prove their costs in court. If you see my point, sorry i digress slightly :rolleyes:

Anyways best of luck i will be following mate, so if you need anything along the way just ask.

BTW i have spent a few days putting a new Prlim Letter together, which personally i think is a little more punchy than the temlates library one, though the MBNA will be alot more hard hitting. Take a look if you get chance, if it helps then help yourself to it :-)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/59099-progenic-halifax.html

Here, if you feel i have not helped you then click Here, if you want to complain about this go Here, if you would like bank secrets then go Here.

Hi isabeld,

do you have a copy of your PoC you wrote out on mcol ?

i mean on the PC that you can copy onto a post ?

Hi

No sorry i dont but i cut and copied from somewhere on this site. Spend ages looking for it and cant find it but it's on here somewhere.

Counting down to the 16th and getting more worried by the day!!

A call to (Ian Stuholme) MBNA suggest they are swamped with these request now as we dont seem to be rolling over as they expected. At the time they informed me my claim was being worked on and would be out for the 8th March 2007.

We will see if this is just a fobbing off exercise....

Further Phone call from MBNA, telling me my expired card ( 02/07 ) will not be renewed. I asked if it had anything to do with my claim and guess what they said of course not. They say it to do with payments or late payment to be exact.

Sounds all dodgy to me.... and possibel retailitry. What do you think

I guess i am going to be messed around

MBNA have until tommorrow morning. I fear reading other threads that I will be filling in the necessary paperwork, I am undecided whether to give them a further 7 days. I thinking not but want to research FSA website.

If i find any relevant items i will of course post them. I am begin to wish I started this earlier as the MBNA thred looked like MBNA were rolling over before the expiry of LBA.

A call to them this morning ( Natalie ) suggests my paperwork is in the queue to be done today and I should hear tommorrow or Friday. I guess I ought to wait till Friday and see what the result is. Natalie informs me thatthey are doing things in strict date order. So if you get anything fast your very lucky indeed. It doesnt bode well for us at the moment thou. I wil keep you informed as and when I hear anything. MBNA are liars thou so I hold no faith in any of the promise. What narks me more is the hassle you get from them when its them chasing you for money. A rule for one and rule for another.

Arghhhhhhhhhh

Nods and agrees mate

keep us updated :)

Johnny

It sound ( so the wife suggest ) that they havent sent anything today. I guess It off to court I wonder if I will be the first to take mbna on in court of fees. Is anyone in litagation with mbna at the moment.

It sound ( so the wife suggest ) that they havent sent anything today. I guess It off to court I wonder if I will be the first to take mbna on in court of fees. Is anyone in litagation with mbna at the moment.

Hi Inter,

I know that there is somebody lower down in the threads called Zsazsa's Mum and I think she is at MCOL stage with MBNA. Why not give her a shout?

Don't sound so downhearted, you know you're going to win this!:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi Inter,

I know that there is somebody lower down in the threads called Zsazsa's Mum and I think she is at MCOL stage with MBNA. Why not give her a shout?

Don't sound so downhearted, you know you're going to win this!:)

Inter, I forgot I had already told you about this other claimant, sorry for repeating myself!

I would also consider filing an N1 for non-compliance of your SAR request. It is outrageous how they are behaving.

Keep in there, this will work out in the end;)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Would it be acceptable to take them to court re SAR whilst fighting them for the Fees I have calculated.

I rang once this morning and have sent my LBA 7 Days letter to Steve Bailey. Mr James Doherty reckons it is actually being worked on by a advisor as we spoke, so I said it will arrive by monday then. He said it may. So I have sent the lba give a further 7 days and mention the converstion. I want to be able to have the upper hand when it inevitable goes to the courts stage. I am sure a judge would be intrested to hear about there promise, lies and stalling tactics.

I am currently looking into the fsa points of view on timing fordealing with compliants. I am think maybe a letter to the fsa maybe useful just outline current law and how there guidelines contravene what laws suggests.

Need to do my homework first.

My personal feeling on the matter intercity is that they will tell you anything on the phone and you are wasting your time. I have spoken to Mr.Doherty as well and he has made me promises re my SAR . Not once did he keep his word.

I would just stick to your own timetable, the one you laid down in your letters and go for it. They want to delay you as long as possible.

I have just issued a claim against them for non compliance to my SAR

Good luck Ill be watching fingers crossed mate.

Well the Final LBA for will expiry in 7 days. I assume they wont recieve it until monday unless they work saturdays and royal mail get tot them. So N1 or MCOL a week monday then.

I just hate the lies and bull they give you. Barclays are nearing there expiry too so could be in for intresting times. I think I might have to lapse a few days between them or I could ended up with court dates very close together and the obvious necessary paper work to.