result in o2 shop, newcastle

wallsyboy76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i suppose i should start at the beginning. on 15 december last year my sony ericsson k750i stopped working. that is, it showed a "insert sim" message on the screen even though the sim was in. as i'd only had it two and a half months, i took it back to the o2 shop in eldon square, newcastle and told them i wanted it exchanged. the assistant manager told me that it was not the store's policy to give exchanges after 14 days and that the phone would need to be sent for repair. i reluctantly agreed, and the phone was sent off and i was given a "stunt double" phone on loan. they said it would take two weeks.

last week i was getting cheesed off with waiting and decided to ring the store to find out what was happening. i was told that the phone was not back in yet due to the christmas bank holidays. i finally received a call today and was informed that the phone was back in store but had not been repaired as it was deemed to be user error htat caused the damage. this i was not happy with and went into the shop and asked to see the manager, armed with information and legal jargon taken from the good people here on CAG.

anyway, to cut a very long story (sorry) short, i am going back into the store tomorrow to pick up my brand new phone after the store manager agreed with me and authorised an override of the repair centres decision. and i didn't even need to quote the sale of goods act!!

• 5 weeks later...

Congrats on your result i just wanted to add that the fault that you were describing cannot be user error as it is a common hardware fault with most newer sony-ericsson. do not let them fob you off next time. if i could be of any advice next time give me a shout

• 2 weeks later...

interested to read this - my son's Sony Erikson's 'phone was returned to our local o2 shop last week as it had an intermittent fault. They sent it off and it has been returned saying it has 'water damage'. Now - my lad is 13 years of age and water is the last thing he touches!! It has had reasonable use, but the shop will not replace it..... they asked if he'd used it when it was raining.:-x