Faulty goods

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anyone know if there is any comeback if a company continually fails to provide the customer with a working model. I've gone through 3 sony PSP's so far, and I am awaiting my 4th. If there is anything wrong with this can i claim a refund from them and then go out and buy a new one with a years guarantee?

Whats wrong with the psp, how long ago did you buy it etc.

You can tell the retailer that you have lost faith with the product, as it keeps failing and want a refund on that basis. Trading Standards (this is a guideline only) usually say that after the third one is faulty to ask for a refund. Though tbh I don't see many back, and you seem to be kind of unlucky.

What company etc, big retailer or just a small one?

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

It was purchased in october 2005 so it is now out of guarantee, the first one was replaced at the end of the first year, in october 2006. That one had more problems than my first. I returned home from holland after having no address for a few months after that and I got this replaced over here by a third one, which works perfectly apart from the left shoulder button, which is intermitent. I'm getting a new one tomorrow, should i call them and say to forget it i want a refund or should I wait. Is after the third, or ont the third. Is it the third device, or the third replacement? Can you elucidate upon that confusion? thanks for your reply.

If you ask for a refund out of warranty, usually they will either just tell you no, or offer you a partial refund (you have had a years use out of it so far). Surprised they are replacing it and not repairing it however. You can only try and ask for a refund and see what they say.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

It is the policy of sony to replace goods when faulty rather than repair them. i think they tend to repair all faulty consoles and give them as replacements so its not neccessarily a new one you are getting, I am not entirely happy with that arrangement as i tend to take good care of my PSP and some people don't.

Have you had it replaced by the manufacturer? If so, you could have done yourself unfortunately.

The manufacturer is only bound to any warranty that they choose to give and whatever terms and conditions that they include within that warranty.

Normally I would advise people to go to the retailer as they are the ones with the contract for the goods and therefore they are responsible for providing goods of satisfactory quality and fit for the purpose under the Sale of Goods Act. It is their responsibility under this Act to repair or replace the item or if that fails to rescind the contract and provide a partial refund. Your rights can last for up to six years under this Act, but does not cover normal wear and tear.

If you choose to go to the manufacturer to replace the product, and it then goes out of warranty, you have effectively got a different product to the one you bought from the retailer and therefore you can't really then pursue your Sale of Goods rights against the retailer.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.