foaf26907 vs Halifax (& Natwest)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all I have been impressed by the number of cases and I am determined to put mine through. I've recieved back from them a print out of charges from local branch over the last 6 years totalinbg £1301.

I have some questions though.

1. I am concerned because I do not have an agreed overdraft on my account as I opened the account just before I was made redundant at work and went immediately on to Benefits the Halifax refused to upgrade it to a full checking account with OD facilities as I no longer had a salary coming in. Can I still apply for refund of charges? I know one of teh letters dose state "refund for all charges" but is this OK for me?

2. As I sent my DPA request to my local branch St Albans and they replied am I better of sticking with them or should I go directly to the Head office & just enclose a copy of the reply with my next letter ?

Thanks Foaf

P.S Has anyone out there had a refund from St Albans branch ?

I'm also waiting a respone to my DPA request from Natwest as well.

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

Prelim Request £1500 16/10

Lloyds Data Protection Act 07/08

------------------------------------

Abbey Credit card settled £266 11/06

NatWest paid in full £3770 04/08/06

Hurray Halifax Paid in full £1820.00 28/05/06

Guest Lueeze

All the answers to your questions are on the forum, Honest!

Please read the FAQ's and everything else 1st beforehand.

It doesn't matter if you have an OD or not, infact alot of people dont have one.

If you had a response from the branch then stick with that, they have an intenal mail system in any case!

Hope this helps,

Lou

thanks I did try doing a "search" to get answers but couldn't find answers but thank you for your quick reply.

DPA Halifax 13/04/06

Reply List of charges 18/04/06

DPA Natwest 13/04/06

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

Guest Lueeze

Just out of interest id halifax end all your statements? Im just checking the amount is accurte as some bank have been known to accidently "miss" charges off !!!!!

actually I got a list a charges excerpt of letter recieved from Nikki Rice St albans

Data Protection Act disclosure request.

Turning to your request for an exhaustive list of charges. Whilst I acknowledge it is your legal right to apply formally under the Data Protection Act for all the records we hold on you, your request is very specific. There is normally a £10 charge for a formal request, however in the interests of customer service I have provided a list of your bank charges for the last six years, free of charge. As well as the charges on the list there was a charge that debited on the 19th April for the sum of £39 and a charge pending to debit on the 31st May for the sum of £28. if you still want to pursue a formal request please let me know.

I understand that you would like to receive information about our manual intervention on specific transactions. We are under no statutory obligation to record the information you require and thus are unable to comply with your request.

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

Guest Lueeze

Ok that seems fine, just thought Id warn you as its happened before to a couple of people!

Lou x

have just read a very informative thread on Halifax's refusal to discolse MI. I also got the same letter but didn't think to follow it up. I saw in the other thread the way to go about it is to request an appointment to view the info at the bank. Does this have to be done ? there was some reference to the bank possibly using it in court ? I have already sent my 2nd letter as they sent me a print out of all charges. SHould I wait for a response and request an appointment to view MI at the branch?

thanks

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

have just read a very informative thread on Halifax's refusal to discolse MI. I also got the same letter but didn't think to follow it up. I saw in the other thread the way to go about it is to request an appointment to view the info at the bank. Does this have to be done ? there was some reference to the bank possibly using it in court ? I have already sent my 2nd letter as they sent me a print out of all charges. SHould I wait for a response and request an appointment to view MI at the branch?

thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about that, you can show you have asked for the information and you were refused, should it get to court (which is doubtful!)

ok thanks

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

• 3 weeks later...

progress receieved letter today in response to my LPA. Offer of £245 usual splurge about my responsibitly to make sure funds are available yada, yada, yada.

I will decline & request full payment within 14 days and start preparing by court docs.

Do I need to send another LPA or is a letter of refusal enough.

BTW contact details

Louise Curran

Customer Realtions Manager

Core Business Team

Customer Relations

PO Box 548 Leeds LS1 1WU

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

By the way; the following passage from the DPA should be informative regarding their refusal to disclose manual intervention data:

7. - (1) Subject to the following provisions of this section and to sections 8 and 9, an individual is entitled-

© to have communicated to him in an intelligible form-

(i) the information constituting any personal data of which that individual is the data subject, and

(ii) any information available to the data controller as to the source of those data, and

(d) where the processing by automatic means of personal data of which that individual is the data subject for the purpose of evaluating matters relating to him such as, for example, his performance at work, his creditworthiness, his reliability or his conduct, has constituted or is likely to constitute the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting him, to be informed by the data controller of the logic involved in that decision-taking.

So - basically if they are making decisions significantly affecting you, then they ARE REQUIRED to produce evidence of their logic for each and every decision. i.e. they must provide you with details of every manual intervention.

• 2 weeks later...

Filed claim online. Is it OK that I rejected the offer they made and said they had to refund me in full ? i.e that I didn't accept the offer as partial payment.

Total claim now up to £1800.00

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

Filed claim online. Is it OK that I rejected the offer they made and said they had to refund me in full ?

Of course it is. It's your money, go for the full amount.

Good luck.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...

To quote Dora the Explorer " Hey we did it"

Full refund with standard letter saying no admission of liablity blah, blah, blah

Thank so much for all your help.

Now on to Natwest

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

gladly completed survey, made donation and booking family holiday

may get some more holiday spending money off Natwest :)

Thanks every1 for all your help & advice

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Thanks Foaf26907

Claim filed 30/01/07

2nd Request £1500 nov 06

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks