Big Claim aginst RBOS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sparkie

I would like to just re-iterate that you should really seek the views (perhaps by PM) of some of the site-helpers and Moderators.

Your case is not as straightforward as most, and although the basics look fine to me, there are some contentious issues contained, particularly references to a call for damages (which is a whole different matter).

Regards

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS: I would also edit your post to remove your account numbers which could make you personally identifiable should anyone you don't wish be viewing.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Hi Sparkie......"Go get em boy!!":D

Just a silly little comment though - there are a few spelling mistakes, I'd run spell checker over it mate (letters missed out etc. in your excitement no doubt!!;) ).

.... jeez Sparkie.....where do you get all your energy from.

You've worked so hard for so long and turning over so many different angles in the process...... you have such a good case and so deserve to succeed ...just be careful!

Really well done so far...but my heart is in my mouth for you!!!

Lel

2006 RatNest - Personal a/c:

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £7,000

2006 RatNest - Ltd Co a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim, Oct Settled in full £8,000

2006 RatNest - Hub's a/c

JulyLBA, Aug Filed Claim,Sept Settled in full £1,000

Well Sparky,

I hope ll goes well, u really seem to have them by the short and curlys..

I came accross u'r thread about 2hrs ago... it's mind blowing stuff..

Good luck:)

HSBC Current A/c : N1 Served 21/06/2007 - Total £3374 (inc int) - Offer £2445 accepted (Charges £2730) ....

HSBC Credit Card : S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 04/07/2007 - Total £TBA

Capital One Credit Card : SAR sent 04/07/2007 - Total £520 paid out

Noe looking to claim PPI....or attempting to..16/01/2012

[/i][/b][/color][/font]

Just got some more info for everyone.

The post has just been ( Ive got to remind everyone) that the Bank branch here in my home town, would not talk to the police unless I gave them a letter of authority ....which I did....Now ...I've just this minute received a letter from The RBS group Security & Fraud in LOndon which says the following ,,,,get this.

Dear Mr XXXXXX, RE: Customer Disclosure Authority

I refer to the above and advise that Group Security & Fraud Operations have been unable to collate the information you have requested for your Customer Disclosure Authority dated 26/04/07.

The Bank will only respond to a Customer Disclosure Authority received direct from the Police detailing the informatin required. Please be Kind enough to advise the Police of the Banks requirements in this connection.

Yours sincerely

XXXXX XXXXXX

Group Security & Fraud Operations

Legal Order Team.

What so secretive about giving the police copies of my Bank statements ,

if I want to show my Bank staements to anyone who's business is that ?.....mine...... and I want to show them to the Police.

The letter of authority I gave the police stated quite clearly that I gave permission to the police to be supplied with every bit of information held by the RBOS regarding my business account, ...statements, ....and any & all other information appertaining to me regarding that account.

You can't get any clearer detail than that.

Are they stalling or what???

Just been on to the officer concerned and.......he is not very happy and I have just e-mailed him a copy of the letter , he's going to contact the RBOS as soon as he gets the e-mail

All for now

sparkie

Yes Paul,

After what you have come up against as well, I dont think you'd be surprised if the ROS suddenly said.........They were not really the RBOS, someones got our name wrong!!!:D:rolleyes:

sparkie

What i find rather annoying is the ignorance and the fact these people try every trick in the book to curcumvent their obligations. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Paul

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

I guess everyone who has read my post is waiting.....................So here goes ...............

I WON my case under the Data Protection Act Principles One Four & Six

The bad news for ME and a case that everyone who thinks about claiming under the Data Protection Act should read and consider .... is..... that it is not worth the work I had to put into it beacause ...even with my case ....and it was strong and that the fact I won I did not get awarded 1 penny in damages, even though the Bank admitted it.( on the DAY of the trial.)...so thats it .........what an empty victory.

This is solid proof that the Act is not worth the paper that it is written on.

I post full report when I have got over drowning my sorrows in a few pints , Thanks a million for everyones support

sparkie1723:mad: :(:confused: thanks again everyone

What about costs?

Advice, information, data, opinions, etc of JustWon, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

If I don't respond please don't think I am ignoring you as, due to other commitments, I have little time to spend on the board.

Sparkie there are a couple of other questions that arise from the RBOS questions.

1] Did they receive confirmation from you to close the account?

2] iF yes when was the notice received-was it closed then?

3]If no-who closed the account-on what authority was it closed-and when?

4]If no-is the account still open?

I have to admit I was surprised that you hadn't posed those questions in your earlier post.:D

The Police do have the power to get a warrant to force that information from

the bank especially if they think that are being given the runaround.

Hi Sparkie

I had a dream about the bank stealing your 2k last night and they said that you had loaned it to them cos they were poor (too much cheese before bed methinks!...)

Anyway, I've been trying to get infor from RBS for an account which was (they tell me) closed in 2003. They say as it is closed they cant access the info without my account number (which I don't have). Any advice?

I can't wait to log in one day and find a post saying Sparkie has Won!

You know, the more I read stories like this it makes me want to put all my money under the pillow and be rid of these muppets forever

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5369 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks