• Tweets

• Wrong as usual Jugg    Did Michael Cohen Commit Perjury In The Trump Trial? WWW.ZEROHEDGE.COM ZeroHedge - On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero Michael Cohen. He still has one day of cross examination ahead of him on Thursday. With the government resting after Cohen’s cross examination, I believe that an honest judge would have no alternative but to grant a motion for a directed verdict and end the case before it goes to the jury. Judge Juan Merchan will now have to give the full measure of his commitment to the rule of law. Given the failure to support the elements of any crime or even to establish the falsity of recording payments as legal expenses, this trial seemed to stumble through the motions of a trial. Michael Cohen was only the final proof of a raw political exercise. For critics, some of Cohen’s answers appear clearly false or misleading. Like their star witness, the prosecutors have shown that they simply do not take the law very seriously when there is an advantage to be taken.
    • So to sum up. 1.  You & your friend did the right thing on 28 December and are in the right legally. 2.  You are in the early stages of the threatening letter cycle.  We've seen these letters quite literally over 10,000 times.  For the moment your friend has nothing to worry about. 3.  No-one will turn up at your friend's door. 4.  If months down the line this got to court, you would win.  It's blatant disability discrimination.  Some time back I looked through the results of Excel v Caggers court cases, well we won 85% of the time, and you would be 100& certain to win. But this is the bit that you won't like ... 5.  Excel don't care that they are legally in the wrong.  They want your money.  They will go on and on with their letters hoping you'll give in. 6.  They are also the most litigious of the private parking companies and it's perfectly possible, months hence, that they will take your friend to court.  You have to be prepared for this.  They would lose.  But they don't care about the losses since, sadly, presumably so many people are afraid of court and so give in and pay.  7.  We will of course support you all the way!
    • Hi, Just updating that I'll be submitting the SJPN shortly this evening electronically.
    • Fraudsters copy the details of firms we authorise to try and convince people that their firm is genuine. Find out why you shouldn’t deal with this clone firm.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ignoring my S.A.R

MAVE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bailiffchaser

Yes, the 40 days is up, but I could not get an answer as to whether what they sent in answer to my CCA was okay or not.

Do you know?

Also, after this CCA letter, someone on this site told me I should send a SAR letter, which I did, and got back just sheets of their own notes and copies of my own letters.

Then after asking advice on here, I found I was barking up the wrong tree and should have SAR'd Barclaycard, which I now have.

But these legal letters have now been coming from a separate legal company.

Is my idea, sending them copies of everything, correct, do you know? Or can you suggest another route?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to send the sar to barclaycard at their pavillion drive addres and adress it to the data protection team. They will then send out to you a envelope or two full of your statements but printed in a diffrent way to what you are used to seeing. If however you do not recieve a reply to your sar or you think that barclaycard are hiding information then you can issue a non compliance claim against them. The cca is if you are after a copy of the original agreement.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Hi Bailiffchaser

I have sent Barclaycard the SAR to that address as advised, and still awaiting a reply, though it hasn't even been 12 days yet.

I really just needed to know what to do about the DCA and now their legal people- another, separate company. How to get them off my back?

Also, I would be grateful if anyone at all could tell me whether sending me a copy of the 1st page of my application form to Barclaycard is in compliance with the Consumer Credit Act letter that I sent them, or not. If not, I can then send a letter stating this.

My other idea is whether to send both the DCA and their lawyers a letter stating that they have not complied to my request by CCA because they have at no time sent me a copy of a legal letter stating that they have bought the debt from Barclaycard.

Does anyone agree? And does anyne have a template?

Thanks

Let the dca do what they want just ignore any threats etc. Unless they actually issue proceedings in court you are safe. If in the meanwhile they do issue in court then you can file a defence to the effect that you are waiting for a reply to your sar. Also notify the cra that the account is in dispute.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Mave from what you have said I dont think the agreement copy they have sent is sufficient, did they include a copy of Terms and conditions with it ?

The DCA is trying to apply pressure by causing confusion, to some extent you can almost ignore them (not totally though) If they do issue in court then you simply defend the entire debt as its based on unlawful charges, mention in the defence you are awaiting a reply to an SAR to calculate exactly how much is due to be reclaimed. The judge should then grant a stay allowing time for you to properly counterclaim.

As the DCA is creating confusion by using at least 3 different companies just write back to them (the one you have been dealing with) and tell them you will only reply to them. That should reduce their letters and threats.

Any possibility of scanning the Agreement copy they sent you ? I can better advise by actually seeing it. Also dont forget that any paperwork which is part of the agreement should be legible.

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Smile:Settled 15/11/06

Egg Card:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 2/10/06

GE Money:S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent3/8/06 LBA sent 26/9/06

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

Barclaycard:In criminal default watch this space

Lloyds TSB:In criminal default watch this space

If my comments have been useful please click the scales and let me know.

Hello Tamadus and Bailiffchaser

Thanks, that was very helpful.

I haven't got a scanner, but I will check again what they have given me.

If, as you say, they haven't sent me the lawful' answer to my CCA, shall I send them a letter stating this? And also, a letter saying that they haven't yet sent me a copy of an agreement saying they have bought the debt from Barclaycard?

Interestingly, I noticed that the legal company say that they were instructed by 'Lowell Portfoli 1' and I seem to remember someone saying that this company was acting illegally or was not registered or something? Must check this

I would certainly write and tell them the situation they are in.

Not sure about Lowell but it looks like they may have processed data without concent.

• Confused 1

Alliance & leicester:Settled 8/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/alliance-leicester-successes/19700-tamadus-l.html?highlight=tamadus

Capital One:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/16644-tamadus-capital-one.html?highlight=tamadus

MBNA 2 accounts:Settled 22/9/06 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/13831-tamadus-mbna-i.html?highlight=tamadus

Abbey:ERC prelim sent 14/9/06. LBA sent 2/10/06. Now it's getting interesting so keep watching

ooops that should read consent :)