Arrow/Capquest - old Virgin MBNA credit card - Resolvecall - old account home visit

bradfordlad

Hi all, 

Many moons ago (2012)  I had a Virgin credit card (issued by MBNA) that defaulted.  They did provide a valid CCA so I was advised by the good folks on CAG to make small payments to keep them quiet - I set up a standing order to pay them £5 a month, and it's been that way ever since.  The debt has been sold on a million times, but £5 is nothing so I've paid no attention to it. 

I received a letter from Capquest (who must be the current owners of the debt) back in March asking me to contact them to discuss a suitable repayment option, and the account will now be managed by Resolvecall.  Now £5 a month IS a suitable repayment option I ignored their letter. 

A few days/weeks later, I received a letter from Resolvecall, acting for Capquest wanting me to contact them and threatening a home visit if I ignored their letter.  Obviously I DID ignore their letter, and last week a lady knocked on the door (unanswered) and put a card through asking me to contact Resolvecall.

Interestingly, their letter said if I didn't reply within 7 days from the date of the letter, and...you guessed it, there was no date on the letter!

Out of curiosity, I logged in to Resolvecall's account, and it shows my two most recent £5 payments, so they ARE receiving my money but clearly want more - which they're not getting. 

Now - do I play silly b*ggers with them, and ask them to provide the true copy of the CCA to see if they can come up with the goods?

Do I just ignore them and carry on paying my £5?

Do I stop paying altogether? 

I know the case isn't SB as I've been paying regularly, but not sure how to play going forward? 

Any suggestions gang?  Thanks you! 

Well 6 years on and most of the defaults have disappeared, thank you CAG for a

ll your help

• dx100uk changed the title to https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/213263-bradfordlad-vs-mbna/page/2/#comment-3352370 - Resolvecall - old account home visit

is this:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Arrow/Capquest - old Virgin MBNA credit card - Resolvecall - old account home visit

Hi Dx, no this is the Virgin card (issued by MBNA) that I made an arrangement on. The MBNA account with no CCA was an "actual" MBNA card.

ll your help

can we see this supposed enforceable CCA scan it up to one mass PDf read upload

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'll take a look in the loft - bear in mind it's 10-12 years ago, and we've had an extension built up there recently so hopefully I can find the folders they're in! 

ll your help

what you've been blindly paying a dca for +10yrs....:crazy::frusty:

stop paying any dca and await if/when a letter of claim.

its then you act.

dx

and they

Yeah thanks guys - I'm just going to ignore them now.  Can't be ar$ed digging around in the loft! 

Can I still send them a notice not to send people to our door?   I know we did 10 years ago but not sure if that's still a "thing"!

ll your help

pointless letter tennis.

dx

and they