Hello, firstly thank you for reading this. I know no one wants a long winded back story. So I’ll be brief.

I entered a local store to buy some paint (which I did pay for) I am honestly not a bad person or a thief.

Didn’t have a basket or trolley as was on my lunch break.

Whilst picking up the three tubs of paint placed some masking tape in my pocket (it was hanging out of so I had every intention to pay) just didn’t have a hand free.

Paid for my goods (forgot about the £4.39 masking tape)

I’ve got so much going on and im not well at all (like I say no one cares I get that) also have autism so wasn’t thinking particularly like others do maybe (who knows my minds going around and around)

I left the store after paying, was pulled back in by security. Asked for the tape which I gave immediately  shook up.

Gave them my ID and details. I was given some paper and told to expect a large fine in the post for their time and the tape and sent on my way.

my questions are:

I hardly ever go out without support so the ban I guess I can’t go there now for anything (their loss) - ok but is my photo going to be all over with my name?

how much am I expecting in the post as a fine?

I have sent them cash in the post recorded signed for delivery to arrive tomorrow (incident happened today) for my error. Their Address was on the bit of paper.

i have read two posts on this page but they were from many many years ago so I hoped for updated advise please? 

Hello, welcome to CAG.

I've moved your thread to our Retail Loss Prevention subforum for further advice.

It sounds as if you may get letters from people like DWF solicitors or a company called Retail Loss Prevention but we always recommend to ignore them. If the police weren't called on the day you aren't going to hear from them.

Ask us any questions you want to and keep in touch but I don't think this will go anywhere.

Best, HB

• Thanks 1
  • I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hopefully I’m able to help someone else out with a future post

however this particular subject I’m completely at a loss and ever so anxious regarding!

I’ll get the letter out when my police officer husband is asleep to see what the company is whom will be writing to me.

I know parking companies now seek compensation so I’m expecting these too as they have advised. 

The company is CRS

what you sent a scamming retail loss company cash in the post.

pers id be contacting royal mail and asking for it not to be delivered but returned to you.

ITS A SCAM!!

you owe no-one anything nor every will.

but you do owe yourself a trip to go see your GP in confidence.

thats what they are therefor if things are getting on top of you.

dx

11 minutes ago, Whyisitthis said:

I know parking companies now seek compensation so I’m expecting these too as they have advised. 

nope neither can.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Posted (edited)

Hiya

I sent B&Q £5 in the post along with an apology once I’d got home.

They recovered their item but I just thought surly they might leave me alone if I did so.

Thank you for your kindness regarding seeking out support from GP,

unfortunately there’s nothing anyone is able to do but everyone’s been fab.

Just could do without this and obviously kicking myself for my stupidity and don’t want anyone turning up to the home.

Edited by Whyisitthis

Thanks for being so kind (I mean they took the tape off me obviously and wouldn’t let me pay for it)

do you think they might tell this company to leave me alone? Or just ignore me.

I sent it tracked.

I cannot get a criminal record and of course don’t see why I should. It was an error.

Thanks for actually taking time out to reply to me.

I’m expecting a few horrid letters?

One which will say letter before something but as long as it doesn’t say letter before action I’m ok?

if B&Q take me to court will I be able to pay this fine before anything bad would happen. 

It’s all a shame as it means I’ll have to make excuses now if it’s ever suggested I go into B&Q but I guess that’s the situation I’ve found myself in.

Many thanks 

They wont take you to court.

I'm not sure what they'll do about the letters and if they will or wont send you the letters from their retail prevention company, but you can ignore those letters.

You'll be just fine don't worry.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

just type no need to hit quote.

what you really need to do is forget about it now

they have 

just steer clear of THAT ONE STORE for a few months. other B&Q's are OK.

even if you do go back in, they'll simple ask you to leave, then if you return again, could invoke trespass laws BUT WE HAVE NEVER SEEN IT HERE.

as for getting out of your tree about police, prison, criminal record, arrested, knocks at doors, letter of claim....NONE OF THE CAN EVER HAPPEN. and has not on these joe public low level shoplifting incidence since 2012.

you've already got a scary letter ratchetting on about some mystical FAKE civil restoration scheme . 

you'll probably get a few more ...NOTHING THEY CAN EVER DO. bin shred burn give to your pet hamster

any money people pay CRS/RLP/DEF etc regarding their letters goes straight into their pocket and off they go down the pub and LAUGH at people they mugged. the retailer never sees a penny. 

i admire your action of send £5 to B&Q.

its done now and its over with....move on with your live.

dx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Appreciate the time that has gone into replying.

I have read so much about this tonight that hopefully I can be a step ahead.

If I gain a reply from the head office I shall let you guys know. 

you are already a step ahead = IGNORE FORGET IT....

dont go reading anything on the internet 99% are LIES posted by these scammers or people that were PAID to post for them. think about it.

read on this forum only.... type RLP in our search 

same applies to you.

ignore

once you've ignore

then ignore again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and they

whyisthis - Oh bless ya, it's so easily done.  Not worth losing sleep over; listen to the guys here, they know their stuff.  They won't take you to court, they'd get laughed out of it x

• Thanks 1