Caught shoplifting Sainsbury's but they also detained and kept M&S stolen goods

Totally stupid mistake struggling with money with 2 young kids no excuses so I won't bother justifying  just feeling deep regret and absolute fear for what happens next. Sincere moments of madness opportunistic and absolutely stupid

Caught shoplifting from Sainsbury's by shop lifting plain clothed detective (peanut butter almond milk chia seeds and nuts ) I only took 3 to 4 items from Sainsbury's listed above 

First time I did it  i have never done it before  

Was given a letter banning me took details but no photo taken 

I also had on me food items from mns that the store detianed at the same time as they wouldn't let me leave without showing a receipt as they said I would have stole those too (they werent wrong)

. I have been to mns a few times in the last month and done a similar thing always general food shop 

I left the Sainsbury's store when he let me go and left all the goods there mns.and sainsburies and did not return. 

M&s and Sainsbury's are on the same high street  

Questions 

Was not caught by m&s will Sainsbury's share my info and will m&s be in touch?

Presume they can check cctv of the time sainsburies detained me and probably find it 

No police called when at Sainsbury's 

Scared that mns will also ban me after the event  or worse check cctv and have my details and pass to police to investigate 

I am mortified at what I've done the detective did not mention anything about further letters / police or anything more other than taking my details and giving me a banning letter 

My fear is they have told MNS and now MNS will investigate aswell they may have their own footage etc...and go further than sainsburies did at that time 

Mns goods was fruit veg chicken cheese all food items 

Advise please what could I be facing 😭

Hello, welcome to CAG.

I've moved your thread to our shoplifting forum for advice on this. I've also edited the title a bit, please let me know if I've misunderstood what you meant.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

• honeybee13 changed the title to Caught shoplifting Sainsbury's but they also detained and kept M&S stolen goods

No they can't tell M&S nor will they bother with cctv. 

Forget it happened. 

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Any chance it could go to the police? I'm terrified they will pass the details across given it was groceries from 2 different  shops

Should I be expecting one of those RPL letters he didnt mention it but i presume its the next step they take? 

not a chance of police involvement after the event

the police are not interested in small fry,

just the big organised gangs that shoplift to fund drugs.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...