Marquis Leisure Preston / Black Horse - Motorhome rejection - Multiple issues and parts no longer manufactured!

Hi ALL

What a fantastic website and wealth of information.

I am in the process of trying to reject a vehicle as 12 points were raised as a complaint to the dealer however 2 remain outstanding and have not been fixed.

The dealer has had possession of the vehicle since mid January and I have informed them that I want to reject the vehicle on the basis that all repairs have not been completed.

I have informed the finance company also who have launched their obligatory 8 week process to investigate.

The vehicle was paid for by a small deposit and finance, value of 50k.

Here are a list of faults 

1. Daytime running lights. Drivers side 50% of the LEDS are not lit? Could be fuse or bulbs?
  2. Leisure battery is not holding charge. On fully charging the battery it drained to 0% after 4 days. Either the battery is bad, or something is draining it. I doubled checked to ensure everything was switched off on my return home.
  3. Window seal warped nearest largest seating area.
  4. Driver side Remus blind is not secure. Vibrating/Shaking badly whilst driving. Possibly due to missing screw/fitment.
  5. Roof Extractor fan blind is inoperable/jammed. The blind recess was full of water on collecting the vehicle. The good news is the water disappeared, my assumption is that when the vehicle was jet washed, either the blind was slightly open when washing…
  6. Door hook on Bathroom door is loose, you cannot hang anything on it.
  7. Catch on one of the cupboards is loose.
  8. Sliding door, there seems to be a large draught coming through when closed in the top left when seated inside.
    There is also an issue with locking the door from inside you really have to slam the door to enable locking from the dashboard.

There are also screws and caps missing from the door which results in the door rattling quite badly when travelling.

1. Retractable Bathroom Showerhead doesn’t reach the holder on the wall panel? There seems to be an issue with the length of pipe?
  2. Dashboard light, the retracting foot step light is dimly lit when driving?
  3. Solar panel cable on the roof, trunking cover missing.
  4. TV Device Freezing/locking up when changing channels, not always but it occurs? Press a button wait 30/40 seconds…..

What are your views on this matter.

Am i entitled to reject the vehicle. as per the CRA 2015.

The DRL lights have not been repaired and also the entertainment system is faulty.

Both items the dealer has been unable to source parts as they are no longer manufactured.

The dealer are still are working things out???

Please see chronological order of events sent to Finance co to help investigate....

I have a 36 page document with warning lights, emails and call logs.

15th December 2023

I collected the vehicle on the Friday 15th December, on driving home and parking up on my drive that there was an issue with the daytime running lights, 50 % of them on one side were not operational. There was also water droplets on the worktop. On further checking the roof vent fan was wet inside and contained water in the plastic surroundings.

16th December 2023 – 21st December 2023

I had to return to Dealer to collect my car and reported the findings to Mr Dealer, to be matched with a response that the daytime running lights were not an MOT fail , I also asked about the water and suggested could this be down to them being heavy on the jetwash when valeting the vehicle to which I kind of agreed. Hence my previous remark of being dismissive of a problem.

The vehicle had remained parked on our drive.

On the 21st December 2023, I prepared to use the vehicle for our short trip to Anglesey over the festive period.

I plugged in the electrical hookup to switch on the Fridge with a view to making it cool in preparation for stocking.

• In hindsight if I had not plugged the vehicle in to the electrical hookup I have to question whether the vehicle would have started?

22nd December 2023 – 27th December 2023

We proceeded to set off to Anglesey at around 10am, I noticed that there was a warning light on the dashboard. (Photo 1)
This cleared on restarting the vehicle after fuelling up we carried on our onward journey.

I was aware the dealership was closed due to the festive period, and as a consequence I was unable to raise this issue with Mr Dealer  , his out office advised the closure and return on the 8th January so it was my intention to report this issue on his return. (Email 1).

During our use of the vehicle we identified a number of other faults, due to this we decided to compile a list to report back to Dealer.

5th January 2024

I wrote to Mr Dealer   reporting the problems for him to pick up and escalate on the 8th January 2023. (Email 2)

8th January 2024

Mr Dealer   responded and forwarded the email on to the Service Team asking them to touch base and make arrangements. (Email 3 page 3) I was disappointed that they should have collected the vehicle to arrange repairs , however with work commitments, I would only be able to return the vehicle on a Friday.

11th January 2024

The  Service Team responded to Mr Dealer’s email, advising that she would contact me with a view to arranging an appointment.(Email 3, page 2)

I responded later that day, advising Wednesday the following week would be best due to my work commitments. (Email 3 page 1)
A booking was made for the Friday 19th January 2023 to return the vehicle after I had finished work.

13th January 2024

I tried to start the vehicle to go to the garage and fuel in preparation of the service visit, unfortunately the vehicle would not start, the batteries were flat and the engine could not turn over.

15th January 2024

I wrote to Service & Mr Dealer and reported the issue. I asked if the onboard charger would help to charge the batteries, Mr Dealer confirmed that this should charge both batteries.

I proceeded in connecting the electrical hookup cable to the vehicle and left for a couple of days for the batteries to charge.. (Email 3 page 1)

18th January 2024

I tried to start the vehicle again and there was enough charge in the batteries to turn the engine over.

I left the engine running for a couple of minutes, then switched off the ignition.

On doing so, the warning light was solidly lit. (Photo 2).

Because of the warning light being illuminated, I left the electrical hookup cable plugged in to ensure sufficient charge would be available for Friday 19th January for onward journey to return the vehicle.

19th January 2024

I handed over the vehicle to Dealer, and walked through the faults with a member of the service team.

Some of the faults I highlighted in my original email had not been recorded, so these were added to the list.

23rd January 2024

I received a call from Service Team advising me that some of the faults had still not been added to the job card.

I was required to send authorisation so that Dealer could proceed with the works? (Email 4 pages 1&2) 

1st February 2024

I received a call from Service Team advising me that the vehicle was ready for collection?

On questioning her what the issue was, She proceeded to inform me that they had replaced the batteries.

My response was that the batteries had already been replaced during the PDI, so why did they need replacing again.

Service Team couldn’t advise, so I kindly asked the Manager to give me a call to discuss the repairs.

16th February 2024

As I had not received a response from Dealer for two weeks, I contacted them and asked to speak with a manager.

I contacted them at 13:01 left a message, 15:07 left another message

15:34 I spoke with Workshop Manager and he advised me that there was a battery drain issue and an Auto Electrician was looking in to the matter.

I also learnt that there was difficulty with the DRL lights also.

I responded to Workshop Manager by asking to keep me in loop of any progress that has been made with the vehicle.

17th February 2024

I forwarded an article in relation to the warning light / battery drain issue. These were the symptoms that the vehicle was exhibiting. (Email 5)

19th February 2024

I received a response from  Service Team informing me that she had sent the link to the Workshop Manager. (Email 6)

23rd February 2024

I contacted Workshop Manager for an update, left a message for a return phone call. Received missed calls from Dealer 17:27 & 17:28, unfortunately I was on another call.

I returned the call 17:39 & 17:41 but no answer. Received an email immediately from Workshop Manager later that day advising the dashboard clocks had been sent for repair and were due back for refit on the 29th and test.

1st March 2024

Received an email advising the dashboard clocks have been refitted, will call back early next week to confirm the fix.

8th March 2024

Not received a response as highlighted.

I have written to Mr Dealer   & Finance Company expressing my disappointment with the progress of the repairs.  (Email 😎

11th March 2024

Received a response from Mr Dealer, recommending I contact Finance Company.

Surprisingly, he has advised that the vehicle is ready for collection however all the repairs have not been completed.
I am nervous about collecting the vehicle from Dealer as I do not want to place myself in to a position to jeopardise the investigation.

Also followed up with Finance Company to ensure that my email was received and logged. (Email 9)

12th March 2024

I received a call from Aftersales Manager, to touch base and arrange pickup. I have explained that I am working with Finance Company with a view to rejecting the vehicle, which is not a problem, and they will keep the vehicle safe and secure until such time.

I have advised I will try to check in and update them on the situation. Mr Dealer will also be made aware.

16th April 2024

Call received from Finance company asking what outcome I wanted , I informed them I wanted to reject the vehicle on the basis that they had not completed all the repairs. I also highlighted the concern that there could be other electrical problems. I also believe that they have adequate time to fix the issue and exhausted the 1 opportunity to repair.

They were going to investigate the lead time of the repair.

Unfortunately the parts are not available as they are no longer produced for both the outstanding items.

Can you confirm the dealership and who the finance company is please?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Is it a motorhome that you bought I'd assume?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• lolerz changed the title to Marquis Leisure Preston / Black Horse - Motorhome rejection - Multiple issues and parts no longer manufactured!

Thank you for the quick responses.

Topic Title updated.

Please hold for a more detailed reply, either by myself or a site team colleague, later.

ho ho 

we know them VERY well!!

Programmable Search Engine (google.com)

clickme^^^

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was this purchase on hire purchase?

Have you sent them a letter or email asserting your right to reject the vehicle?

Do you want to keep it? Or would you rather get rid of it

Hi Bankfodder

Yes it is Hire Purchase

I forwarded a letter formally rejecting the vehicle to the dealer on 8th March, with a response from them saying that Black Horse would deal with this as they own the vehicle. As far as they are concerned the vehicle is ready for collection despite all the repairs not being complete.

I do not want the vehicle back.