Sillymove v NatWest

sillymove!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well everyone I have finally managed to get my threads together.:)

My story? I guess its the same as the majority of those on this site who have just swallowed the usual tosh that the banks and other insitutions 'sale' us ie it's your debt it's your fault!!! :mad:

My turning point was when I worked out (not to diffcult as it was on the statement all the time!!) that in one month alone I had paid over £500 in charges/referral fee's/intreast. :eek: Hardly suprsisng that I was struggling, when I pointed this out to the bank there reply was "run your account right next time and you want recive a servicecharge. To help could arrange another Loan!!" :(

The truth was I was becoming to scared to study never mind opening my statements. I take responsabilty for my actions yet what ever happened to sensible borrowing, personal banking or just fair treatment. Where was the banks duty of care towards me? :rolleyes:

Then I came across the campigan and straight away I felt empowerd to do something about it:rolleyes:.

Having collated my charges and armed with my letter I am going (in about 10 mins!!) to deliever my request that they give me my cash back, all £3500 of it!!! Wish me luck

(ps I know its going to be a long struggle but every great journey has to start somewhere!!)

4th Dec 2006 : Posted S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) :o

18th Dec 2006 ; Received Statements :)

28th Dec 2006 ; Posted prelim letter (£3351.00) :rolleyes:

11th Jan 2007 : Reply, still investigating :x

16th Jan 2007 : Posted LBA (£3331.00/£556.00) :-(

31st Jan 2007 : Bank make offer of £3331.00 :D

Make sure you send it to the registered address at bishopsgate or customer relations. DO NOT send it to branch and Good Luck

Hey :)

Thought i'd come over and visit you in your own thread !

Go get em' !!

Sorry I cant offer much in the way of help, being a newb and all that, but always here for chat !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks again for keeping me focused when I was on a downer :wink:

Theres Hope!

x

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Cheers natweststaffmember for your advice, I actually sent it to Bishopgate and not marched into the branch as I hinted at doing earlier today, I guessed the grand gesture was a bit much:D

Cheers GMc, I guess for the next few weeks not much will happen so it should give me a chance to read and collate information about the way to conduct myself. :)

Just a little question for everyone.

I am senseing that Cobblers are employing a number tactics to 'win' cases for there clients. For example suggesting that their client has not recived notice of the amount being asked for, at the LBA stage.

Therefore is it possible that they could ask that a claim be thrown out if the amount being asked for is wrong eg not all the charges separted from ADVGO or intreaset not caluclated exact to the pound?

Crafty and intimadating maybe but would it work in practice?

Just a little question for everyone.

I am senseing that Cobblers are employing a number tactics to 'win' cases for there clients.

It's what they are paid for.

;)

There is little that can't be rectified by means of application so if they dispute the amount of the original claim and you agree the amount they state then you apply to the court for the POC to be amended. Costs £35 that can't be revovered though.

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Okay guys recived letter in response to my prelim letter from Stuart Higley (pp'ed mind you!!)

He thanks me for my recent letter, however is sorry he is yet to respond (whats he doing now then hahaha) in the meantime while they are "currently invstigating" he thanks me for my patience to date.

Well folks I summise that this is part of a delaying tactic, therefore I guess its on to the LBA stage.

Just a little bit of advice though do I need to acknlowledge the response in the LBA or just use the standard letter in the template. Does this sound alright

Dear Sir

I am disapointed that you have not dealt with my complaint in the 14 days as requested....

then staright into the LBA? does this sound about right or give them more time??

all advice welcomed!!!

Okay guys here is the Letter Before Action that I have drafted ready to send out on Saturday what do you think??

Dear Mr Higley,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXXXXX

I am writing in response to your letter which unfortunately does not appear to be dated. While accepting your apologie and your admittance that you have failed to provide the appropriate response within the stated date given, I am still unhappy that you have failed to deal with my request in a manner that I find satisfactory. This leave me still unsure how the ‘'costs incurred by us (the bank)', relates to the costs incurred by me. I am know even more confident that they are disproportionate penalty and contrary to common law.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract, which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner, which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in a way that seems to contradict this especially as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise. I calculate that you have taken ££3331.00 plus ££545.10, which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum that you have taken. Total ££3876.10

I am enclosing another copy of the schedule of the charges, this time including intreast which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 28th December 2006. I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Sillymove

Does this sound about right???

Hello people any comments on my LBA prior to sending it this weekend would be gratefully recivedd

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Well guys, I would like to confirm that today when I returned home from work there was a letter from NatWest. And guess what people, they have decided after investigating my claim that they are prepared to offer me (without prejuidice of course) the grand total of......... wait for it.....

£3330.01 :lol::D :o

the whole amount (minus intreast, but whose complaining!!!).

Who knows the rhyme or reason behind the decsion, but who cares they are going to pay out!!!

(yes I know dont get to excited until the cheque has been banked!!)

What do all think of that then!!!

Blimey that was quick!!!!

As long as you are happy to settle for the not so full amount, then so am I.

Well done, a slight tone of jealousy in my voice, but heartfelt none-the-same:D

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Congratulations! I sent my prelim letter on 24th January and received a letter today of 'Stuart Higley' saying they are currently considering my claim.

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 02/01/07

Statements received - 15/01/07

Prelim sent - 24/01/07

LBA sent - 15/02/07

Claim filed in court - 20/03/07

Court date received for 26th June - 01/06/07

Received offer for full & final settlement from Cobbetts - 22/06/07:D :D

Capital One

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - 26/06/07

Statements received - 03/07/07

Prelim letter sent - 17/07/07

Letter received - 07/08/07 - WON!!:grin:

But well done anyway!

We have just (Monday) sent our Request for Payment letter. Hears hoping they treat ours the same way. Ours is smaller (about £1500 incouding interest) so maybe.

Cheers people,

I am happy to settle, I think it is a good offer as it was 100% of the claim. of course they have not given the intreast that I have asked for, but I had a stratgey in my mind when I started the journey that was looking ot recoup around 90% of the 'charges' and if they had agreed at the prelim stage I wouldnt have even caluclated the intreast so I guess I need to put it into somekind of prespective.

GMC your right i do feel good, but not resting on my laurels as I intend to continue as I am committed to helping my mother, partner make claims. And dont get me started on the Credit Card.

I am amazed as the swiftness of there response and i do have a theroy why they settled... cos they know I had you guys (and the might of CAG) backing me up so they where bricking themselves:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well people its official money been paid in (and taken out!!) of Natwest account. I guess all thats left is to be moved over to the sucess thread and donation passed over the CAG.

Cheers Nattie :D

Any idea how I go about getting put into the WON thread? Also there seems to be a problem with the donation process at the moment.

Yes Private Message a Moderator but not Blueskies who if off the forum for a month or pop into the chat room and maybe one will be found in there.