Hastings Direct insurance said they cannot repair the damage to the vehicle but went silent after that - @hastingsdirect

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community for advice and support regarding an ongoing issue with Hastings Direct. I've been left in a difficult situation after my car was declared a write-off, and I'm experiencing a lack of response from their claim handling team. It's been 2 days. 

I was emailing [email protected] and [email protected]

Policy Holder: (Myself)

The Situation:

• The courtesy car provided to me has been collected, and despite multiple attempts to contact Hastings Direct for an update on my claim, I've received no response. This has left me without a vehicle, causing significant inconvenience and disruption to my daily life. I don't have a substitute vehicle cover. 

Attempts to Resolve:

• I've contacted Hastings Direct three times, including a detailed email outlining the valuation of my vehicle based on comparable models and its unique features. I've suggested a settlement figure which I believe is fair and reflective of my vehicle's worth.

Impact on Me:

• Insurance coverage that was fully paid for at the start of the policy.
  • I'm seeking advice on how to proceed with this matter. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with Hastings Direct? How did you manage to get a resolution? Any guidance or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.
  • Is this deliberate that are being silent on email communications? I don't negotiate well over the phone and frankly don't prefer it as it gives me a lot of anxiety. 

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

I think you need to start giving us a bullet pointed chronology of the whole story beginning from the date of the accident until the present time.

A little patience is required here, as you mentioned not having a reply after 2 days. Most Insurers have a target for their staff/teams to reply within about 4 or 5 days.

Insurance companies are normally extremely busy and they respond as soon as they can.

You don't mention whether a third party caused accident damage to your car and therefore if you got a cheap hire car you could potentially reclaim costs from third party.

It could be a few weeks before you receive write off settlement for the car.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread