Refunding Tax on PPI claims

onestressedwoman

Well I didn't think I would ever have to deal with anything to do with PPI ever again however

Sorry if this a duplicate listing from another member I'm not good at filtering!

My question

I am frantically looking for the paperwork from 2019 pay outs but can only find covering letters

- I did a bank statement search and have found a couple of amounts paid in but to no direct indication for which claim it was.

Now I'm panicking as I only have 3 weeks 😮 

I had some large pay outs e.g. Egg 4k but Canada Square Gardens no longer exists :( 

is there a way I can do a search which will give me all details of what I've been taxed ...

already phoned HMRC and they can't see details for 2019/2020 

Some hope and no hope?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi OSW,

Even though you know the net amount received in your bank account, it's not possible to calculate the relevant amounts of PPI, interest and tax deducted from the interest.

If you didn't owe any tax in the relevant year, you need the letter(s) from the PPI refunder setting out the individual amounts of PPI, Interest and tax deducted. If there's any chance you have it somewhere, search as best you can so you can claim the refund before the deadline (5th April 2024).

HMRC would not hold individual info relating to you for tax on PPI interest as they would for, say, PAYE earnings declared about you by an employer.

I see no alternative to searching for the letter(s) in your circumstances.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

why not try ringing each original creditor and asking?

or sending them each an sar each (though thats upto 30days wait.)

you are within 6yrs they should still hold the data.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The problem here is the deadline relating to reclaiming tax paid on PPI interest is not the normal 6 years - instead it's 4 years.

I suspect ringing the creditor would be the only viable option here as an SAR would slip past the deadline.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Well 5th April is near 

I managed to find all my husbands in paperwork I still had - the ones I should have claimed back should have been done tax years 16-17 

Nevermind,  4 out of 6 isn't bad - holiday money we never knew we had