Office gym's minimum 6mts cancellation clause contract hidden in downloadable T&Cs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 93 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I signed up for my office gym 20 days ago, and quickly decided that it wasn't sufficient for my needs.

I continued to use it for another two weeks whilst I found another suitable gym.

I then emailed them yesterday to cancel, only to be informed that there is a minimum 6 month membership period

- if I knew this to begin with I never would've signed up.

I checked the sign up process again, and that particular detail is hidden in a downloadable T&Cs pdf.

I understand that I ticked the box saying that I read them, but like 90% of people I don't have the time to read a 2000 word document when I just want to lift some weights.

I don't know if it would make a difference, but I'm paying monthly by paypal, not by an actual direct debit.

Have I got a leg to stand on here?

so this must be david lloyds then?

have you actually written saying you wish to cancel?

if so let them take ONE more payment as under industry stds you have to give 30 days notice, 6mts is NOT correct. and then cancel the PP payment and simply ignore everyone.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Office gym's minimum 6mts cancellation clause contract hidden in downloadable T&Cs

It's not David Lloyd, no - its just an independent gym that provides gym services for my office building, which is occupied by a dozen or so companies. I have sent them an email but have not written a letter or anything, no.

Edited by falafel

and in your email you said you wished to cancel yes?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Falafel,

If you signed up for 6 months, you may be bound by that agreement. Gym agreements up to 12 months are allowed and could potentially lead to demands for full payment.

Can you point us to the relevant T&C's so we can have a look at them.

In case you need to argue this from a better angle, can you briefly explain why you said above, "......it wasn't sufficient for my needs."

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)