Recently a new app for Apple TV appeared on our Panasonic SmartTV.      On opening the app we were taken to a web page showing all the latest films etc and some look interesting.  There was an offer for a free 7 day trial so we decided we would use the trial period to see what Apple Tv was like.  I completed all the details on the Apple TV website which included my credit card number.  We got the verification code and were able to log in and started watching a movie.

About halfway through the movie I needed to pause it for about 5 minutes.  On pressing play again it jumped back to the login page on the TV and displayed a QR code or the option of logging in via your laptop.  On doing this I got the message that I could not login with my Apple id which is my email address.  I thought that perhaps I had inputted the incorrect password so tried 2 or 3 times, but still could not log in.  I then clicked the "Forgot login or password" and needed to enter the Apply id and then a message came up stating that the Apple id was not verified?  I have cleared my cache and also cleared all cookies, but it still states that Apple Id is not verified despite having received two emails from Apple, the first with the code and the second confirming that the account has been verified. 

Unfortunately as I cannot login  I cannot cancel the subscription and it is now becoming a nightmare. To get to the page to cancel you need to download something called iTunes, but as I cannot log into that either I am still snookered. Obviously I want to cancel and do not want Apple Tv to debit out credit card for years to come because Apple will not allow me to login with the Apple id that they confirmed.  Would I be correct in thinking that the bank can block the merchant or maybe even replace the credit card?

Hi Surfer.

Try logging in to the Apple TV Web portal.

TV.APPLE.COM

Browse all movies, TV shows, and more from Apple TV+. Watch all Apple Originals here and on the Apple TV app across your devices.
  • Click the 'Sign In' button on the top right corner of the screen
  • Choose the 'Settings' option to reach your account settings
  • Scroll down to the heading that says Subscriptions and click 'Manage'
  • Choose 'Cancel Subscription' to cancel your Apple TV+ subscription

This has been grabbed off the internet but hopefully, it should help?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks I have tried just about everything suggested, but cannot get passed the Log in Apple id not verified.  Strange as they can send emails to my address?  I even tried logging in from our Samsung table and gets the same response.

It's probably worth calling your bank to cancel the continuous payment authority to Apple then. IT should cancel itself after the free trial :)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

11 hours ago, lolerz said:

It's probably worth calling your bank to cancel the continuous payment authority to Apple then. IT should cancel itself after the free trial :)

Thanks I have done this now and the merchant is blocked.  It does seem to be a common issue with Apple Tv judging by the number of posts on the Internet regarding Apple id not being recognised.

• 2 weeks later...