NFU Mutual - Failure of this Business Motor Insurance company lead to my +£9k loss in my business - can i sue?

Try to negotiate a higher settlement, but accept that you were partly at fault, due to funds in Bank. And not being on top of your Bank account information and contacting NFU when you should have known that the Direct Debit payment had failed to be paid.

If you go to Court, all factors would be considered and you might not be successful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

2 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Try to negotiate a higher settlement, but accept that you were partly at fault, due to funds in Bank. And not being on top of your Bank account information and contacting NFU when you should have known that the Direct Debit payment had failed to be paid.

If you go to Court, all factors would be considered and you might not be successful.

My understanding of events (Clare, please confirm or correct me), was:
Although the insurers raised the premiums, but did not relay that increase to Clare, as despite knowing the change of address they sent notice of the increase to old address. So, then there was insufficient funds in the account.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

If NFU had failed to send renewal to correct address noting increased monthly premiums and it was due to higher Direct Debit amounts, then more chance of success.

But there is still the question of how finances were managed and why the failed Direct Debit was not picked up in enough time to enable the missed payment amount to be paid to NFU.

Remember that when a Court considers a claim for thousands they will look at actions or inactions/errors of both parties.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

- I am considering negotiating £9500 even though i think i should be able to ask more but  i also prefer avoiding court. what is the next step, should i just send them a letter that detail my request ?

yes send a letter explaining your business losses as a result of the NFU error and say that you want to avoid taking this to Court, therefore hope that a settlement can be negotiated. 

Send as much information as you can to evidence the loss and how these have been calculated.

• Like 1