Tesco banned - clubcard question

Hello all,

I'm still shaking writing those lines and I'm really embarrassed by what I did.

I shoplifted from Tesco and got caught by the beeping machines by the door.

I complied to everything they asked and admitted my action.

I am now banned from this specific store and left with just the items I actually paid for.

I paid for these items using my clubcard for discount.

My concern is that I'm sharing the clubcard with my partner (although I know that this is not allowed yet its practically convenient for us because we are one household).

Since I was banned from that store, if my partner goes there and use the clubcard,

is there any chance they would stop him thinking that we are the same person as it may flag in the system that this clubcard is associated with someone that has been banned from this store or something?

Thanks in advance and I'm already in remorse and feel very bad with what I did.

• maxalex changed the title to Tesco banned - clubcard question

simple answer is to carry on as usual.

it might be better if you stay out of THAT store for a few weeks.

nothing will happen.

if you get any silly letters from the likes of DWF/RLP INGNORE THEM.

honesty time now... have you done this before there or elsewhere?

dx

• Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you very much for your reply!

Why would I get any letters since all the products I tried to shoplift, I actually left back at the store and I only left with those that I paid for?

When I was stopped by the security, I told them that some of the items were from another tesco and he told me that he will keep them and that I should bring the receipt and if not, the police will come at my place. Is there any chance that the police will actually come to my place?

I practically left the store with only the items that I have paid for just like any other customer.

That was my first and last time doing it tbh. I'm so shocked to my core with this that it won't happen again.

Regarding letters, there is a parallel system that's been set up by companies like RLP [retail loss prevention] or lawyers like DWF, trying to claim money back from shoplifters. If any of these contact you, as dx says you should ignore them.

You might want to consider what led you to steal in the first place. Some people go and have a chat with their GP and get help that way. GPs don't judge and have seen it all before.

HB

• Thanks 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thank you very much for the response. After reading quite a lot the different posts on the forum yesterday after the incident, I am in the process of gathering myself back up and get the courage to contact the GP. Thank you very much.

Are these letters going to keep coming forever like the letters from the TV licence company?

I will update the post when/if (hopefully not) a letter comes for other people in similar situation to see and for me to be advised on as well. Thanks.

Now my concern is that if the police would actually come to my doorstep which I doubt but not 100% sure that will not.

4 hours ago, maxalex said:

I am in the process of gathering myself back up and get the courage to contact the GP. 

If you feel uncomfortable going to your GP you can contact your local MIND Health department directly and self refer, they are usually excellent in their service. 

WWW.MIND.ORG.UK

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I have just received my 1st letter from DWF stating the amount I'm supposed to pay.

I attach the letter.

Please do let me know what I'm supposed to do.

I have already read about ignoring it but I'm a bit scared ignoring it.

I want to reiterate at this point that all the stolen goods were returned to the store, they actually never left the building as I was caught at the door. I only left with the goods that I actually had paid.

Do we know for how many months these letters will keep coming? Like an average as I know that each case might be unique.

Also will there be any issue with my status? as I am not British, I'm European with settled status.

Bests,

DWF 1st Letter.pdf

I also want to let people in similar situation with mine, that the police didn't come to my place as the security was saying, probably as a scare tactic or maybe the police didn't bother.

the police were never going to anyway.

ignore the letters.

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That letter is a joke!

It quotes the value of goods stolen (but they weren't)

It quotes the value of goods recovered as £0 but they were fully recovered as they were never actually stolen as in removed from the store!

Then it quotes 'Security Cost' so that's for Security to do their job, why would you be responsible for paying their wages?!

Hilarious, ignore and don't worry about it.

• Like 1