SJPN - TfL - I forgot to tap in and pay after pushing the person that I care for on to the bus.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, the deadline is the 2nd of January 2024. I've got before then to make my plea.

should I add the fact that I am receiving therapy?

I lost my sibling this year shortly before my offence.

I've held back on this but I'm not coping.

Is this something that I should add in?

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

What I have written so far. 

Dear Sir/Madam  

I am extremely remorseful for my actions and I am truly sorry. I express with great remorse the consequences of my actions and I would like to deeply apologise for them. I now understand the losses that TFL faces as a result of fare evasion and how damaging it is. I have since paid for an Oyster card as a direct bond to your services to use for my future travels and have applied the correct amount of fare to it. I admit that I should have presented my form of payment on the day and that not doing so was wrong. 

I am asking if you could kindly allow me the opportunity for an out of court settlement. A prosecution would have an disproportionate impact on my work, my family and myself, including my mental health if this matter were to proceed to court. Again, I would like to express my sincerest apologies for my actions. If possible,. I can only ask that you will consider my request to settle this matter out of court and avoid any further escalation.

yours sincerely,

Edited by dx100uk

I've had a think about this. I think we should go back a bit and structure a letter that information can be added to by you, from what you've said so far.

How's this for a start?

Dear [name on TfL's letter, if there is one]

Their reference xxx

I am writing further to my letter of [date] and the Single Justice Procedure Notice dated xxx that I have received.

Paragraph 1 a short explanation of why you didn't tap in on the day you were caught

Paragraph 2 you know you made a mistake and you regret it

Paragraph 3 you understand how what you did is wrong and the effect it has on TfL

Paragraph 4 you have taken action - tell them what - to ensure that this doesn't happen again

Paragraph 5 you ask if they would allow you to pay the outstanding fare and their administrative costs to resolve this

Please don't copy and paste what I've said, use your own words.

These are just my initial thoughts, dx and Bazza please feel free to add your ideas

HB

• Like 1
  • I agree 2

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi, I'm still trying to prioritize my time and work on the letters. I have very little time left because of the Christmas period so I'm also filling out the SJP.

Edited by dx100uk

admit the offence, tick you want a hearing to appear infront of the judge to show personal remorse.

i would also inc a copy of that in the new email begging letter to TfL.

dx

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hey there, 

I'm waiting to hear back from them.

I sent a letter of apology on the 19th.

I'll submit my plea near to the deadline if I don't hear from them.

Edited by dx100uk

It's all done and sent now.

However, I did use your example to help structure my letter (thanks).

It's only a matter of time.

Edited by dx100uk

• 4 weeks later...