• Tweets

• good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Trade Centre uk/Startline Motor Finance - and Jonathan Hall, DWF Law - solicitor (apparently)

Thank you. Doesn't seem much there to get your teeth into.

Doesn't it refer to the court claim, the judgement, the payment – et cetera?
Is there any record of communications between them and the dealer?

Does it refer to the status of the loan at all? Does it say anything about it being still in place or having been discharged?

And are they still hassling you at all for repayments? What's the situation with the dealer now?

Are you out of pocket at all – and if so by how much in respect of what?

I realise that probably much of this information is contained in the thread but I'm afraid it has been going on so long now and over 15 pages that I need summaries every now and then of the existing position.

No it doesnt refer to the court case other than when they have called me to ask for payment and i have told them im not paying them as a i have a CCJ against them... that is about it, nothing past that.

There is no communication there between them and the dealer, just emails back and forward from me to them which i already had. Nothing regarding their legal team/Jonathan Hall either.

It doesnt say anything about the status of the contract.

They are still chasing me and send me 1 letter per week charging at £15 to invoice me for the arrears owed. 
They have now filed in with the credit agencies. 

I am not out of pocket for anything. 

The car is still at the dealer, I have not heard from them recently. 

I am still in limbo waiting for this contract to be cancelled and the vehicle rejection to be allowed.. .all the while I am building up debts on my credit file for a car I haven't seen for 3 months. 

The final word from TCUK a while back was that the vehicle rejection was not being allowed due to it being down to a servicable item. (One that THEY didnt service therefore mechanical failure due to lack of maintenance!) 

Johnathan Hall has gone Radio Silence since the CCJ was paid. 

Well.... having just said Johnathan was radio silence, look what I just received... !!!!!

Dear 

I can now confirm the following;

1.       The Agreement is ended. Until such time as it is fully closed on the system you may still receive an automated statutory notice so please ignore.

2.       The vehicle will be collected from Trade Centre Wales.

3.       Any adverse reporting to the CRA has been requested to be removed. The CRA has their own timescale so the request is not immediately actioned.

4.       On the basis that the claim has been settled, I am instructed to withdraw the application. 

In due course, I will close my file. 

Thank you for your assistance and co-operation. 

Kind regards

Okay, that is a result.

The question now is with you want to continue to get some compensation for what has happened, the data protection breaches in particular.

They were late in making the subject access disclosure. That was only minor but it caused you difficulty. Clearly there is a fair bout of staff missing because it must be correspondence about it, notifications of the judgement et cetera et cetera.
Also you say that you are building out debts on your credit file as a result of this. Please could you explain because you said that you want out of pocket but on the other hand you seem to be saying that you are losing money.

Would you like to continue to get compensation for what they have done and to deliver a slap to them at the same time?

I don't know, what would you do?

They were about about 2 weeks late on the SAR. They are an absolutely shocking company to deal with.... they didn't deal with the court thing well at all ignoring it and then saying they were scared to open the file lol....

In terms of debt what I mean is they are adding defaults to my credit file saying I owe £600 odd or whatever,  but that will now be removed according to the email.

Check back tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow evening.

The problem is that although they are going try  to get the credit reference agencies to remove the entries, they can't guarantee the time. It's not acceptable and also you don't know who else this data has been shared with.

• Thanks 1

I think that you should send a subject access request to the dealers.

I think you should do that straightaway.

Also, please can you post up the subject access request which you sent to the finance company so that we can see exactly what you asked for. Even if used a template, please will you post it up

This is what I sent .....

Startline Motor Finance Ltd

DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS – SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST

Vehicle Registration: KM66BAU Contract Number: 16917235

To whom it may concern,

Please supply me with copies of all the data which you hold on me in relation to any matter and in any form and for any period of time.

Please note that I require disclosure of any personal data which you hold on me for the entire period of my dealings with you.

This Subject Access Request includes - but is not limited to any data you hold about me in respect of any matter and held in any form including; statements, notes, screen notes, recordings, internal correspondence and external correspondence. Please note that this Subject Access Request is not limited to the account/reference number mentioned above but that number has been provided purely as a starting reference for you.

Under the new GDPR regime, you must satisfy this data disclosure request as soon as possible and in any event within one month.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return however, you are not entitled to impose any formality upon me or to require that I complete any particular form or template before you comply with your statutory duty.

I also require you to confirm to me that you are processing my personal data, how you acquired it, for what purpose you are processing it and also to identify all the parties with whom you have shared it. You are required to provide this information regardless of whether you believe that the substantive disclosure satisfies the conditions which permit you to impose a charge.

I also required to know whether my data has been subject to any automatic processing which has resulted in decisions or suggested decisions being made in respect of me. Also, has my personal data been used in any way to categorise me or to place me on any lists. If so please explain.

Finally, I should remind you that you have a duty to make clear the meaning of any codes or shorthand which you use in relation to my personal data.

If I do not hear from you then I will assume that this Statutory Request is satisfactory and that the one month timescale has started.

If you fail to comply with all of your obligations, I will make an immediate complaint to the Information Commissioner about your statutory breach – and without any further notice to you.

This may also lead to legal action in the County Court and a judgement will then be forwarded to the FCA.

Yours Sincerely,

Thank you. First of all, send the identical subject access request to the dealers. You should do that straightaway.

Secondly, please will you go through the subject access request that you have sent point by point and see what is missing.

Presumably they have given you any details in relation to sharing – the default, or any other bodies including credit reference agencies. They haven't told you about sharing it with their solicitor even though that is privileged information that they should tell you that it has been shared.

There must be information and directions by now about the claim that they received and why they wouldn't deal with it.

Please start making a very obsessive/detailed list of what is missing.

Set it out in a list. Leave spaces so you can go back and fill things in as they occur to you. Go through your own correspondence – written, email, telephone and see if there are references to that in the subject access request that you received.

Every little bit that they haven't included is helpful to you.

Don't take some broad sweeping cursory view of this. Be absolutely nitpicking about it.

When you get the disclosure back from the dealer, we will then have something else to compare and that might give you more clues as to things which are missing.

I think if you are the fact that they have caused you a huge amount of distress between them, if we can identify data protection breaches then suing them for some kind of conversation will be easy. Even if it is only £300 or £400.

Can you also list out the impact this has had on you in terms of any losses and also any distress.

List out the threatening letters that you have had and the difficulties this might have caused you. Let's get it all down.