Flat roof failed after 11 months. Company has proposed strike off.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Flat roof leaking where it butts up to pitch due to incorrect installation of flat roof (confirmed by surveyor.)

Paid for on the 2/11/22 via BACs after getting digital invoice.

Company is active on CH but has active proposal to strike off (Blackpool Roofing Company LTD,) and they are radio silent no calls, emails being answered and they have moved out their office space.

I am right in assuming as it was a BACs payment I can't request a chargeback from the bank and will have to go down small claims route before the strike off is granted?

Thanks

Yes, sorry but bank transfer – paid in cash – Big Fail.

You haven't told us how much it is?

You could try and start a claim and attempt to get a rapid summary judgement that if they have no assets then it is probably a waste of money.

I think there is a way that you can lodge an objection to a strike off

Is this the one?

BLACKPOOL ROOFING LIMITED
GROUND FLOOR SENECA HOUSE
LINKS POINT, AMY JOHNSON WAY
BLACKPOOL
UNITED KINGDOM
FY4 2FF
Company No. 11084690

It was for £1600 and it is this one (sorry got the name wrong);

FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK

BLACKPOOL ROOFING SERVICES LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history...

To be fair I have actually just had a call off the guy after I messaged him on WhatsApp, and he has actually agreed to make it right, turns out the two numbers I had been trying numerous times were for the "face of the company" (who has gone into hiding and caused the owner all the backlash resulting in him to just close the company,) but not the owner I only called him twice when the issue first appeared and the call didn't connect so assumed he had disconnected him number so didn't think to message him at the time.

I will see if he actually comes round to put this temporary solution in place as promised, whilst we wait for the weather to calm down so the roof can come off and go back on safely.

I will try and keep post up to date.

Edited by PIXeL_92
  • Like 1

What a vague explanation!

Is it actually David Bailey you're talking to?

Has he given you a firm date of attendance to put in his "temporary solution"?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service