Me v First Direct

Icklem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just received mt statements today and have been busy totaling the amount and doing the spread sheets. The amount I am claiming is £4629 (obviously without interest at this stage)!! Can't believe it....!

Just had a bit of a queiry if any one could help?!! I was wondering that if they don't pay up until court stage as they seem to be doing.....I will be then claiming £5716.63 (with the interest)....will this count as being a 'small claim'?? Do they count the origional amount as the 'claim' so to speak??

Thanks for your help!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thanks...I have received the usual "sorry you have cause to complain" type thing and that they will respond in 10 days....do you think I should stick to the origional 14 days as that will be up on Saturday??

I am getting ready to send my LBA tomorrow!! Didn't think I would be nervous but I am! I do have another account all set up though....it was accepted today which is good....I'll be closing my FD account when I get the money and will pay off my over draught too

If they don't respond by tomorrow then its court here I come!! At least then I can claim the interest too...when will they learn hey??! I think they must be up to their eye balls though as I have received 2 letters saying please be patient with them!!

Good luck. Don't be nervous - you WILL win in the end. Be prepared for all the stalling tactics, including entering a defence. I got my full offer just one week before the Allocation Questionnaire deadline.

FIRST DIRECT

£3047 charges

£648.45 interest @ 8%

£120 court costs

TOTAL: £3815.45, SETTLED IN FULL 19/01/2007

I think they have 21 days to acknowledge, and then given a further 28 days to file a defense. I may be wrong on that. My claim has been acknowledged and they have until feb 4th to file a defense, nothing as yet.

Good luck

First post actually - began action December after hearing radio article, after initial letters and 2 almost identical 'as per clause 6.whatever' replies, filed MCOL on 18th Jan - today have noticed on MCOL site that FD have acknowledged claim - I haven't received any offer whatsoever so far - looks like it's going to be a case of sitting it out....obviously being new to this, is this the usual FD pattern? Any advice appreciated..!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi....I thought I would update this.....I heard that FD are putting in a defense but haven't heard anything else.

I was just wondering how soon (or not) did people have any response from FD with an offer etc....getting a bit edgy waiting!!