dazmandaz v barclays

dazmandaz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

first of all i would like to say well done and thx for a great informative web site :)

i like others have stumped up loads of dosh to these modern day dick turpins and after a few nights of reading posts and stuff i have decided to try and gain MY money back!!! but i am nervous to say the least :) never done any thing like this before im the 1 who sits and takes it NOT ANY MORE!!!:)

A few years ago i even went in and had a meeting with the baNk manager and he was as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd:mad: ,we were waiting for tax credits to be paid into the bank and we were one of many thousands who were

waiting for months for this new revised way of getting paid easier (ha ha ha)NOT!!!

needles to say we then incurred the charges routine which we seem to be forever paying of ,you know the cycle, bank charges then money paid in swallawed up then incur more charges cos you need money to live/pay bills.

So today the wife and i went into the branch and requested our statements for the last 6 years ,the woman was really good didnt quibble or nothing she did say there would be a charge which i expected after reading these forums she then said it would be sent of to some department and they would send them out to me in due course.

should i have requested the statements with a recorded delivery as then i have proof cos lets face it we all know how often our paperwork never got there!!!!!

or no record of it

i will give them two weeks and make a phone call to see how it is going whether they are dealing with it or never recieved the request

i will keep this post updated as to what happens and if i have done any thing wrong so far could some one point me in the right direction plz???

thx in advance for any info or guidance you can give :)

Welcome.

No, you're doing fine.

Use the time before the info comes to thoroughly read around the forum and soak in the FAQs, it will be the best way to help yourself!

Keep us posted on this thread, and if anything is unclear after you've read the information, ask away!

*update*

OMG they have took £3175 from me!!!!!!!!

just need guidance now , i am now going to send this letter of to them

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=671

i wont be claiming interest so i will delete that bit, do i send it recorded delivery to my bank or head office????

if i need to send to head office or somewhere else could some one guid me to the address plz if head office sorry for the hassle:)

is this correct???

p.s should i put a seperate leeter in highlighting dates and charges along with this letter?:)

thancks in advance :)

just seen sticky for contact details cant see the woods for the trees :)

but is this the right way im doing it :)

Head Office is suggested to send the prelim letter to.

I am sending mine to the Leicester address. They will all end up in the same place.

1st class recorded is about a £1.

Good luck and keep us posted.

"Poison Clan Rocks The World"

*bump*

sorry to hassle yous but could some one plz answer my last question??

i know yous are busy and apologise for the bump but i would like to get the ball rolling and dont want to muck up in any way

thanks in advance :)

Hi, I don't think you need to send anything other than the preliminary letter from the library. I didn't anyway and so far they have not requested it. If they want to query amounts they have got the records themselves to check. No need for you to do all their work for them!

Don't forget to contribute to the CAG. Without them we would probably still be drafting our prelim letters.

OH Cap One - £436/ So far received £40. MCOL submitted 17/7/06. Caved 4/8/06 for full amount!!!

OH Monument - £140, claim filed 8th May. Requested judgement by default, settled in full 4th July via out of court settlement (see thread). Total £192ish received.

Me Barclays - £630. Received letter 13th May offering £300 full and final (they can bog off). Claim filed 16th May. Acknowledgement of Service filed 22nd May to defend all of the claim. Allocation Questionnaire completed and Stay been ordered by Judge on 18/7/06!!!

• 2 weeks later...

*UPDATE*

i sent my request for my money back on 18/05/06

recieved standard issue letter 25/05/06

were sorry your not happy blah de blah well get back to you no later than16/06/06

which takes it past my 14 days for L.B.A letter

so i will send my letter before action as planned ,and i might even respond to this letter stateing there is a timescale on this procedure and ill be sticking to it no matter what!!

do you think this is a good ide or just send the l

L.B.A letter on the 14th day which will be 01/06/06

some advice would be much appreciated thank you :)

p.s the letter was from somebody called jay kandaswamy customer relations advisor

Personally I wouldnt, they already know your timescale as it is stated quiet clearly in your letter. If you can jazz up your letter at all and make it a little more interesting for them they may well act slightly in your favour. I wouldnt lik eto guarantee anything though.

check this out!!!!!

after i had my standard letter of well reply by the 16/06/06 i got a phone call today 26/05/06 from the debt managemnet team giveing me a rise in my overdraft with a reduceing scheme of £50 pound a month to help me out :eek:

i have asked for this on numeros occasions and been told a flat NO!!!

dont get me wrong this is much needed and appreciated but why couldnt they do this from the beginning?? ,

i also got later that night a phone call from barclays asking if i could do a survey for them and was i happy with there service and was it ok to record the call:eek:

i answered there questions and told them in no uncertain terms that i was unhappy about there punitive charges and they asked what exactly was it that i was upset about with there procedures blh de blah and so forth and that i was unhappy about the lack of help form them untill now!!!

they also asked if i had complained was it dealt with satisfactorly i then said that i was in middle of action at the moment and could not comment on that question at this moment in time.. was this correct thing to say?

call me suspicous but do you think this has anything to do with my previous letters and threats of court action?????

do you think they are actually listening to us now or is this a butter up approach before court?????

i am sticking to my guns and i will be sending my L.B.A on the 01/06/06

unless they come up with a full refund

i just need some and advice and some comforting words to be honest that i am doing this properly:)

sorry if this seems like a long winded post but like i said before i just need reassureing im doing the right thing ?? deep down i know it is but i just want to follow correct procedures so i do it right and dont end up looking like a numpty :)

Sounds good to me.

It looks as though Barclays are getting rattled. (Poor lambs!) :D :D :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 4 weeks later...

*update*

sent my lba on 06/06/06

recieved a standard letter on 17/06/06 we do not agree with you but as a goodwill offer they are offering £975 as a goodwill gesture:eek: , my total amount is £3175 although i am skint and sorely tempted i think i will be sending of the standard response of il accept as part payment and recover the rest through court procedures thanks very much,

it is signed by a guy called laurence white and also has his telephone number attached do you think its wise to phone him up and discuss or just stick to the send a letter accept as part payment process???

tbh if they had put a 1 infront of the 9 i might have been tempeted but seing as they think they can fob me of with less than a third i reckon ill be pushing this baby all the way!!!:)

is there a standard template letter accepting this as part payment or do i need to word this one myself????

or if any 1 can point me to a topic where one is posted id be ever so gratefull thanks in advance:)

also when i do need to book the court what form is it i request from the court??

i know its a n something but not sure on the letters after the n :)

You can either download the form ( .pdf file ) then print it out. Click on the link....

http://www.dream-concepts.com/magicbunny/n1_eng.pdf

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Or use the Moneyclaim. Moneyclaim will allow you to complete your claim on-line. Click in this link.....

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comparisons between the two methods. Click the link.....

http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/page.php?pn=gtclaims

Hope that this is of some use to you. Good luck.

P.S. Go for the lot... It's YOUR money.:)

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

so you reckon i should go straight to court proceedings and not phone them then????

i may try to get them to up there offer what u think?

And also what do i put in these forms

any help will be much appreciated or direct me to a post where this has already been answered thx :)

If the letter said something like "full and final offer", then go straight into claim.

If not then you can try accepting their offer but make it clear that you will be pursueing the full amount.

• Confused 1

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 4 weeks later...

im now defo at the money claim stage i just need to work out my interest now :)

im useing http://www.bankactiongroup.helpwithmypc.com/resources/BankCharges.xls

sorry to sound thick :) but do i just ammend the cells to my info and also in the cell for days since charged does it work it out itself or do i need to work out how many days myself since charge???

thx in advance :)

also do i need to send this along with the money claim form im sending or do i wait till they put defense in??? thx:)

• 2 weeks later...

help!!!!!!

im stuck on the excel sheet i have filled in all my charges but my charges take up more cells than on the sheet i downloaded so its not calculateing all my interest i cant seem to move the formula from 1 cell down to the bottom of the cells to calculate my proper interest thx:)

If you are having problems with the spreadsheet, then you need to ask Vampiress about it. She is the spreadsheet guru.

Post to this thread.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/6964-spreadsheet-interest.html

That should get you the answers that you need.

:)

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks