Apcoa ANPR PCN - drop off zone Heathrow T2 ***Cancelled by Apcoa***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The risk here is a backdoor CCJ if they issue a claim at the Bristol address.  IIRC Zimbird has already had this problem once before.

I think another letter warning them off doing so needs to be sent.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Don't worry.  You're a long way from court papers yet.

I'm knackered now after a night flight, but will help tomorrow.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

As I say, no immediate pannic.  I'll draft something later today.

On 19/06/2023 at 23:09, Zimbird said:

However having returned to England last week, I have now received a Pre-Legal Action letter dated 8.2.2023 

Was it APCOA who sent this, or one of the industry's solicitors like DCBL/BW Legal/CST Law/Gladstones?  It will be important to know for the reply.

Yes, I am.

If it's APCOA, their conduct is bad enough.

But if it's solicitors that you can nuke them with threats to report them to their professional body for encouraging clients to start action against someone at a false address in order to win by default.

We need to know who sent the 8 February letter.  Better still, post it up.

Good news!

This is just nonsense from an uninterested third party who can't start legal action.

However, what about the future?  What is your relationship with the tenants like?  If the fleecers don't give up, will you know about future letters?

How about sending APCOA something like this -

Dear APCOA,

Re: PCN xxxxx

I refer to my letter of 18 November 2022 which quite clearly informed you that I do not live at xxxxx (Bristol, England address) but rather at XXXXX (Harare, Zimbabwe address).

You have completely ignored my letter and have continued to correspond, and get a third party to correspond, to an address where you know full well i do not live, thus disturbing the new occupants who have no connection whatsoever with your invoice or the vehicle.

Courts take an extremely dim view of companies who deliberately write to false addresses when in legal dispute, knowing that the other party will not receive correspondence or court papers.

I doubt the British Parking Association would be very impressed with your antics either.

So if you are determined to pursue this charge, which I refuse to pay, then write to me where I live, not where I don't live.

To speed up communication, i am sending this both by Zimbabwe mail and also by e-mail.

Yours, xxxxx

Get that sent off both by Zimbabwe mail and by e-mail.

The problem could be that they will ignore it and at some point issue a claim which you would know nothing about, but cross that bridge ...

I wouldn't mention anything about tenants as that lets on that you own the property and would just encourage them to continue to write to Bristol.  All they need to know is that you live in Zimbabwe.

• I agree 1

46 minutes ago, Zimbird said:

I have also spoken to my tenant and she assures me she will be on the look out for any correspondence and forward it immediately.

That is superb news - a great guarantee in case the fleecers refuse to cooperate.

Hopefully it won't come to having your tenant involved though.

• brassnecked changed the title to Apcoa ANPR PCN - drop off zone Heathrow T2 *** PCN CANCELLED ***

Well done on - yet another - victory!  👏

How many of these tickets have you batted off now?

If you ever get another one, I'd just write "I'm Zimbird, PPC slayer" and that should see them off 🤣

• Haha 1