Problem with DVLA Medical team after License was revoked.

ITPR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my wife had one momentarily lapse in concentration which resulted in her scraping the side of one tyre causing damage to the tyre. no other items were hit and no damage to anything other than the tyre.

The background to this one episode is that my wife a nurse, had  been working 4 12 hour shifts in a row during a stressful covid period in the place of work. people were becoming ill,  wife who also tested positive the day after the accident.

Someone witnessed my wife scraping the curb , when she hit the curb she broke abruptly, she then turned off the car and opened the windows to get fresh air. someone approached the car and asked if she was ok as the car stopped suddenly. She said she was fine and just needed some fresh air. 

After this i believe the person who approached the car reported the accident to the police.  a few hours after she got in she got a visit from the police she told them what happened and they said they just wanted to check and make sure she was ok. This occurred over 14 months ago. 

around 2 months after the accident the DVLA wrote and asked for her license to be sent back as they had a report that she had this accident. she has driven over 30 years with out any accident at all.

When the time arose, 6 months after the accident, she reapplied for a new license . she had already sent in a note from the doctor stating he had checked her over and he could find no evidence of anything that would affect her driving ability. The medical team wrote back to my wife saying they needed info from the doctor to enable them to make an assessment.

September 2022 my wife contacted the DVLA asking if they had any update only to be told they was still waiting for the doctor reports.

Again in October she contacted them to be told they have the info but it is with an assessor and that they couldn't tell her how long it will take.

Can anything be done to speed up this process as this has had an impact on her mental health adding more and more stress, it has meant she has had to change the work she does due to having to travel long distance. I find it extremely concerning that they can do this to someone who had one moment where something happened yet they allow people with  ongoing medical conditions to drive as not to impact on their independence.

any advice on what route we could take would be appreciated.

My wife stated on the last call in January 2023 she wanted to make a formal complaint only to be told they cant do anything as its with an assessor and if she wants to complain do it via the gov site.

On 02/02/2023 at 14:35, ITPR said:

around 2 months after the accident the DVLA wrote and asked for her license to be sent back as they had a report that she had this accident. she has driven over 30 years with out any accident at all.

have you still got this? was it from the Drivers medical group @Dvla

was it the 12 page pack with various forms like 

with an authorisation form

M1

G1

D497

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...