Gemz Vs HSBC

Gemz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Jason

Have noticed from your signature that I'm claiming a very similar amount to you, as you'll see when I add more to the signature.

I hope it goes smoothly!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gemz.

If you want to see my thread then it is here. It does seem a bit nervy at first but always ask even if you think you know the answer and just want to confirm it or if you just think its a bit of a dumb question, the only dumb question is the one that never got asked!;)

Keep us posted and good luck!!

J.

HSBC Owing £618.00 charges + £106.57 Interest = £724.57 total. See how I went about doing it here

Preliminary letter sent - 20.10.06

Found out the Postoffice have LOST the prelim letter - 7.11.06!!! :mad:

Re-sent prelim letter - 8.11.06

Confirmed delivery - 15.11.06

LBA sent recorded delivery - 23.11.06

HSBC offer £525, Rejected 7.12.06

MCOL filed with revised sum of £744.10 - 17.12.06

Letter of Acknowledgement recieved - 22.12.06

Statements sent to DG and courts - 27.12.06 (NEARLY THERE!!)

AQ letter recieved - 17.01.07

AQ Letter handed in to court - 02.02.07

Letter from D&G offering full amount -03.02.07:D

Money in account - 14.02.07!!

We get charged enough in TAXES and just general living without those whom we trust with managing what little money we do get to keep unlawfully charging us, especialy when their profits are so huge.

• 2 weeks later...

gemz, i'm no expert at this but i'd say go ahead with your little project here as per your schedule. at the end, which will be a good few weeks down the line - you ask for a cheque as it is up to you who you pay what. my point here - is your credit card prob. doesn't mean you can't continue with this claim -

if this isn't the right advice i'm sure someone else will tell you - i did only a minimal amount of searching and found this thread (very short) Have a DMP with 6 creditors about to claim back bank charges read it, then you'll see, you just carry on. there are loads of these in the debt section.

so, see what you think - but i say keep to your schedule and go for it! no need to wait any longer.

and as always i ask the same question - if they really, truly believed their charges were legit. and they would win in court - why would they offer you the time of day, let alone 73%. they are weeding out those not willing to follow it through. no pressure - honestly - you do what's right for you (and dad), we'll support you. you know where we are if you need us.

It's the time factor that makes me think twice, and the fact that if my father does have to go to court he'll lose a day's pay which is approx £100 as he is self employed.

How long might it take and is there anything that can be done about loss of earnings?

hi gemz

i don't think your dad woud have to go to court - they would settle before then. lattie's absolutely right, if they thought it was legit, they wouldnt offer you conkers so please try and endure just a couple of weeks more to claw the lot back. you've got all the support in here that you could possibly want. i'm claiming over 6k (incl interest) and still positive that i won't have to go to court - if that helps any!!??

netty

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

i think you've just sent the one letter, right? so now it's the lba (letter before action), 3. Letter before action - Consumer version - asking for it back read this all through then also, use this Rejection of settlement offer

and kind of put them both together.

you could say like: thank you for your offer of xx/xx/07, and use the reject/partial payment stuff, then continue with the lba, as you have not responded positively to my initial letter... then give in with the lba stuff.

so, basically you are rejecting their offer and telling them you will give them 14 days more before you will be filing a claim.

it's all there in those two links. and the notes below the lba letter (like leaving off the data protection stuff).

good luck, hang in there - you will get it all and remember not to add the 8% interest yet. that's for when you file the claim.

• 2 weeks later...

you might as well check out the mcol website - register and get familiar with it - work your way through to the particulars of claim and try to follow the template in the library and get your stuff into the small space. if you need another example - i'll pm mine to you. if you get a look at it and work your way through it - it's not hard at all - you will be ready to pay and submit when monday comes. i'll go ahead and send my partics so you have them if you want to take a look.