TransUnion - Notice of correction

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 659 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi
I've recently added a Notice of correction to my Experian report, Experian reworded the notice, which I accepted.
I sent the same Note to TransUnion to add who have rejected this to be added.
The text reads:

"I, Mr. xxxx, would like to explain the circumstances that led to the late payments/default recorded against the account Capital One which occurred October 2019 to February 2020

.In October 2019 I suffered a short illness that warranted hospital stay, unfortunately during this time I was unable to work, and my salary was greatly impacted. (£450pw to £94pw) All creditors were made aware of the situation and were understanding except one.

A reduced short term payment plan was requested but this went unanswered, however I continued to make reduced payments.

On 22nd Feb 2020 the account entered default. I believe this is something I feel was not fair as I received no communication or warning this would happen even though I was making payments towards the debt.

The following month the first National lockdown occurred, which made returning to work difficult due to being classed as vulnerable

. In June 2020 my employer made it possible for myself to work from home, and from July to November 2020 I cleared/settled my financial accounts. This included Capital One where the account was fully settled 23rd November 2020. I ask all lenders to take this into consideration"

TransUnion have rejected this for naming a Third Party and have stated it's not factually accurate to the information they hold on my report.

I spoke to them to explain the reasoning and they have said that:
Third Party - this is Capital One, No CRA are permitted to name a Third Party - I disputed this by telling them that the Lender is Capital One and the entry for the Notice to be applied is the entry for Capital One -- they again stated that Capital One are a Third party as the information is between myself and TransUnion.

Not factually accurate information - They stated that where it is written the drop in salary £450 to £94, the line about Lockdown and being classed as Vulnerable and returning to work is not factual as it does not appear on my credit report and someone reviewing the report would not see this

- I argued that this is the whole point of a Notice of Correction - pointed out that TransUnion accept that my comment of "short illness that warranted hospital stay" is perfectly acceptable whilst this does not appear on my credit report.

Due to this and myself not accepting their revised comment "In October 2019 I suffered a short illness that warranted hospital stay and this had a knock-on effect as I was unable to work and my salary was greatly impacted.

From July to November 2020 I cleared/settled my financial accounts." the have now stated that "we are unable to add the notice of dispute as you are dissatisfied with our suggested amendment, we will now contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on your behalf, to ask them to arbitrate on the wording of your proposed Notice of Correction. The ICO will then make an order to say what Notice, if any, should be added to your credit file"

Surely they should add some sort of note, in pending to the notice being approved.

Are Notice of Corrections actually worth it?
I'm hoping that with the notice added, I would be able to obtain full time employment in the Finance Sector - where I've previously been refused due to the default.

Never worth it and i believe only show for 1yrs anway??

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Stay for 6 or until you remove it. 

Ive had a NOC on my file for a while against Vodafone and with a password on there too.

It has helped me but your mileage may vary. 

Also one other thing, you dont have to name the lender, why not kjust use the account reference accordingly :) - Gets around it. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis