Barclays and Microfiche

muckley72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a new member on here and have just started the ball rolling with Barclays.

I've sent the SAR letter with a £10 cheque and had the £10 cheque sent back with the standard letter but also says about them storing information from 1999 to 2000 on Microfiche.

I've seen loads of threads about Microfiche and Barclaycard but none about Barclays.

Has anyone had any letter back from Barclays saying statements are stored on Microfiche and what have they done about getting those actual statements apart from reporting them to the IC.

Thanks

Hi Muckley,

With the SAR you may only request your data for the previous 6 years. They arent oblieged to provide data any earlier than that.

And yes, we have all had the microfish letter. Its bogus. the Information Commissioner has ordered Barclays to provide all info requested by peeps SAR requests. If you havent had all your last 6 years data, first off, make a complaint to the IC's office. Google Information Commissioner or have a gander on here. the address is somewhere!

Have a read of this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/50152-barclaycard-microfiche-they-wrong.html

Silly me! Thanks for the info noomill060.

After looking again at the letter I have realised that due to reports to the IC it seems we are getting somewhere.

If I am claiming for 6 years that takes me from the year 2000 to 2006, they say that data previous to that (i.e 1999-2000) is stored on Microfiche - therefore they are giving me 6 years statements anyway! Doh!

Hope it's a smooth ride!