the funding corp - I have received court summons for the balance of £5000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I am new to this site but I was glad to see people ranting about The Funding Corporation.

I am just about to go to court with these guys who are trying to claim the balance of the finance I had out on a car I got from Carcraft – Yes I know – bad move !

The car was £4,700 on the forecourt, I paid £99 deposit but walked away with a loan of £11000 to pay back over about 5 years.

I paid over half the outstanding balance over 2 and a half years and decided to exercise my right as a consumer and ask them to take the car away which they did but now a year on I have received court summons for the balance of £5000 odd for a car that I do not have anymore and which they sold to auction for £800. They are trying to put a claim on my property so that if I sell up they get their share!

Any advice from anyone?? I am going to fight this.

I also think the staff are rude and obnoxious and the bombardment of calls and letters is soul destroying!

Regards

Andy

Hi. I am new today to this site and what has drawn me to register is the amount of complaints about The Funding Corp. I too have been having big problems with them, too many silent calls, constant day and night on landline and mobile,rudeness from staff when they do actually speak to you, having the phone put down on me when I stood my ground,and even a letter that they have charged £45 for. I have made a complaint to the BBC Watchdog Programme but I do not think anything will be done through them unless other people feel as strongly as I do about trying to get them to apologise and admit their mistakes. I shall continue to get as much info as possible regarding this company and see how far that I can take this matter. hope anybody else in this situation with the funding corp doesn't give up.

Hi Guys

Well i sent my £75 off to court today to set aside judgement so hopefully I will hear back soon on a date for the hearing. I'm taking these monkeys down I tell you !

Andy

Hi

Just thought I would use my first post ever (!) to let you all know that I have had so many problems with the Funding Corporation over the past year (including possible court action which they negated because they didn't file on time) and a large debt on a vehicle that a)I no longer have and b) they sold at auction over twelve months ago that I have filled a formal complaint about the company with the Financial Ombudsman. I got absolutely nowhere with the company when I complained. I will let you all know how it goes but it could take sometime as the reply letter from the Ombudsman's office said they were struggling to keep up with demand.....

Hi guys and gals.

Hubby and I are reading the comments about The Funding Corp with great disgust. Some of you have been doing battle for ages, we are only just starting. I hate to think what some of you have been going through reading between the lines. I can only imagine having had a gut full of them already. How on earth does a company with practices like this worm around everything when it is obvious from the many complaints that WE can't all be wrong. All I can say at the moment is Good Luck to everyone out there with a gripe against TFC. I am wondering now just what we have got ourselves into although I don't think I will be giving into them.

Any advice on the harrasment would be great as I contacted our local police and they said to contact trading standards co's as far as they knew the silent string of phone calls etc did not come into the harrasment bracket and no offence had taken place, but that T S may be interested in their practices. Any Ideas.?

stitchcrazy:confused:

Well believe it or not people I have had an apology letter from TFC this morning, basically admitting their incompitence. Not sure how this will affect my up and coming court case with them but has to be in my favour.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

All the best Andy, I will be eagerly waiting for you to post the outcome.

I have just done a google seach on them again and found out Asda uses them for their customers loans. So I have contacted asda to inform them what type of company they use and told them I will not be shopping with them again until they change company - in a very polite manor.

ASDA

If you fancy doing the same the link is above? I know it is very small thing and have very little impact but....

Hello all

I am new to this site but I was glad to see people ranting about The Funding Corporation.

I am just about to go to court with these guys who are trying to claim the balance of the finance I had out on a car I got from Carcraft – Yes I know – bad move !

The car was £4,700 on the forecourt, I paid £99 deposit but walked away with a loan of £11000 to pay back over about 5 years.

I paid over half the outstanding balance over 2 and a half years and decided to exercise my right as a consumer and ask them to take the car away which they did but now a year on I have received court summons for the balance of £5000 odd for a car that I do not have anymore and which they sold to auction for £800. They are trying to put a claim on my property so that if I sell up they get their share!

I also think the staff are rude and obnoxious and the bombardment of calls and letters is soul destroying!

Regards

Andy

If the car was on HP you can voluntary terminate your agreement when you have paid half of the overall amount due. If the car was on a motor loan this is not secured on the car, but merely used for the purpose of buying the car. My agreement was for a motor loan and so I was able to sell the car. Did the Funding Corporation provide you with a figure for final payment prior to acepting the car back? I had volutary terminated an agreement with another company and was half way through the agreement, but was one payment short of half-way, they accepted the car and I was liable for the last payment and collection fee only - Black Horse was the company and although they are a nightmare for loans, their voluntary termination department were excellent. I would strongly recommend that you contact the Consumer Credit Counselling Service (Google the name for their number) who are a free advice service regarding debt management (like Payplan only better) and will provide you with the reliable information you need - I followed their advice and my situation was resolved well. Good luck

I to have done similar to you. I have written to Subaru uk (Well known name) and told them exactly what they are dealing with. Although ,did recieve a reply back from them to say that they no longer deal with TFC.

I guess that tells us something then. Just waiting for another response from Subaru as they are looking into the situation and will keep us informed.

If not I will be contacting them and pushing, as I am sticking to 14 day turnarounds on my mail, other wise we could be waiting for months.

Contacting these people may seem to be small things and have very little impact, but at least the mssage is getting out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy,

did they tell you it was a bill of sale

• 1 month later...

Well guys I went to court and guess what? They did not even show up, all they did was hire a duty solicitor to attend and they did not even prep her with all the details so the judge was a bit annoyed by them. He has however now ajourned my case, allowing the Funding Corp 14 days to respond formerly to my defence so we will see what happens.

They are going to look like numpties whatever happens after not even bothering to turn up in court.

Will be in touch again soon

Andy

Hi Andy, It doesn't come as a suprise cos I think these guys have done this before. Well all as I can say is it has probably done you a good turn with them not turning up. It doesn't look good on their part and certainly doesn't help their reputation. Not that they have much of one. Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Will be in touch soon and thanks for keeping us all up to date.

Stitch

Hi Andy, It doesn't come as a suprise cos I think these guys have done this before. Well all as I can say is it has probably done you a good turn with them not turning up. It doesn't look good on their part and certainly doesn't help their reputation. Not that they have much of one. Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Will be in touch soon and thanks for keeping us all up to date.

Stitch

Thanks for the support Stitch !

Andy

Andy , I hope by now you have had a staisfactory outcome in court. I am new to this group and i am just starting out on the same road as you against this company and aslo Car Craft so i will be most interested in any information i can gather from you.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy i am now having similar problems and the care isnt even mine its my nephews and he is in Iraq and i am getting bombarded with phone calls texts threats to put a default loan on my mortgage for £14000 and blacklist me. I signed for it as he didnt have a perminant address now he has his own place but i get all the hassle because he has missed 1 payment . i found the staff horrible to talk to and abusive. Fiddy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Can't remember if I updated you last time or not but had my court case in April and it was adjourned because the funding corp failed to respond formally to my defense and they also hired a duty solicitor for the day and failed to tell her what the case was all about so they looked generally incompetant, but anyway, the judge gave them 14 days to respond.

Guess what, 14 days later and nothing so I am back to court next Wednesday for round two and hopefully this time the judge will see sense that this company really are a bunch of incompetant morons who cannot even comply with court orders! Disgraceful!

Andy

Good Luck Andy.

Oh what a mess they make of everything. I too hope the judge sees sense for you. I'm behind you all the way.

It's about high time this company was closed down for good but for some reason they manage to keep trading regardless of Court cases, Solicitors, Trading Standards etc. With such a bad reputation it makes you wonder doesn't it.

Anyway

GOOD LUCK,

Keep up the fight

Stitch

good luck andy

well tfc sent me a copy of my bill of sale and guess what its not stamped by the courts. i have had silent phone call after phone call, txt messages sent to my mobile,even got a letter telling me i am in breach of my agreement and that they intend to collect the car on tuesday.

so i rang them only to be told by the arrogant person on the other end of the phone that unless i make a payment they will take it.

she also told me that the bill of sale has been stamped, i asked for further proof only to have them put the phone down on me.

what a bunch of babys.

this outfit needs closing down guys

ive paid £11000 for this car and they want to auction it and leave me with a bill for £5000 i dont think so

ill keep you all updated

thanks for your support i really appreciate it