Capital one offered partial repayment.

Tom_vRS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my initial letter to Capital One, and they have offered to reduce my past charges to £12 each, thus offering a refund of £168 on an amount claimed of £280.

These charges date back to 2003 and thus total up to a substantial amount more when interest is added.

If I wish to accept this offer, I have to sign saying I accept the offer as full and complete settlement of my complaint.

What should I do?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Tom

2 things you can do. Accept the money as full settlement of your claim or you could accept as partial payment only. There is a rejection letter in the Bank Templates Library if you wish to say no. They will probably refuse to increase their offer and you will have to file with the court service for the full amount.

Uk. . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi Tom

2 things you can do. Accept the money as full settlement of your claim or you could accept as partial payment only. There is a rejection letter in the Bank Templates Library if you wish to say no. They will probably refuse to increase their offer and you will have to file with the court service for the full amount.

Uk. . .

Thanks UK. :)

OK, I'll have a rummage through the library! I feel like I am throwing money away if I accept this as full settlement, although I don't want to be greedy and get nothing.

Decisions decisions.

If you stay with it and follow the procedures here, you will get it all back. I did and interest.

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers