Lloyds TSB - What is the Possibility of Account Closure

Sophie-Jane
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

best of luck chuck think youl get your just desserts(deposit on a nice truck?)you wish n e way,Mjaets good advice there. bbfn.

P.S.wot do u drive?

God that takes me back - The word Chuck

Not herd that for at least 20 yrs, ever since I emergrated to Cambridgeshire, Best move of me life.

Yes - Of Course, Janet does give out some wonderful advise, and with this hectic week just gone, Thanhks Janet :)

Well next 3 months won't be driv'in no Truck, FM12 - Volvo Somerfield Blue - Yuck

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Another offer of settlement

Seems they are not settling for NO conditions, here is the email I've just received

________

Dear Madam

Thank you for your fax of today.

We are pleased to confirm that the Bank is willing to make an updated offer of settlement on the following basis:

1. The sum of £894.81 will be credited to your account. This figure includes £780.00 for the charges that have been levied on your account, £34.81 for the associated interest and £80.00 for the Court fee.

2. You must cooperate with the Bank’s request that your account is reviewed.

Please note that you have been asked to attend a review for your own benefit as it will provide an opportunity to reconsider your banking needs and how they can best be met. We hope that both yourself and the Bank can use the review to agree on a positive way forward for the future.

3. You must maintain your account within your current limit, and any new limit agreed with the Bank.

Please note that when you request payments to be made from your account, you must have sufficient funds available in the account to make the payment. We would remind you that as long as you comply with this condition, no further charges will be levied on your account.

4. Payment will be in full and final settlement of this claim.

Will be replying back soon

Dear Sirs.

In reference to your letter/s dated 8th August 2006.

I note your points but wish to advise you once again that only full unconditional settlement will result in me withdrawing this claim may I also point out that interest is accruing at a daily rate of 17p.

(The Amount owed by Lloyds at £814:47 as of 8th August 2006 and interest also charged at a daily rate of £0:17, until cleared into Account, Please allow 7 days for Receipt and Clearance) plus Court costs of £80

I will not accept to an account review whilst this claim is on going – and Only once payment is received into my account - Please also note this will only happen after recovery period after hospital admittance – approx 6 weeks after the 13th August 2006

Like you I am also quite confident that I can prove my case in court and prove that these are in fact penalties that you are trying to cloak as a service charge. I am also very confident that a judge will also see it this way.

As you have been informed, That I will be admitted as a patient of Leicester General Hospital from the 12th August 2006, for a period of no less than 7 days, possibly 10 days, depending on how well I heal, So I am informing you that I will not reply back to any correspondence received after the 11th September until I am recovered sufficiently, I expect to be able to reply back sometime after the 27th August, No sooner.

Yours faithfully

Views Sought please

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Advice & opinions of Sophie-Jane are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts

So I am informing you that I will not reply back to any correspondence received after the 11th September until I am recovered sufficiently, I expect to be able to reply back sometime after the 27th August, No sooner.

Shouldn't this read "11th August"? ;-)

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Shouldn't this read "11th August"? ;-)

Woops

My mind not working too well, Must be the pending hosp admittance

Thanks kazzaw

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Thanks John and everyone

Sent off last night, so may have a reply today via email I bet

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

I will not accept to an account review whilst this claim is on going

agree

I would also put the 'unconditional ' in capitals , as they are good at not fully reading letters , from my experience

other then that it is good :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks Janet for the correction

With this admission, my head is all over the place, so thats why I've decided to stop all correspondence on site, and all Snail mail, Email, PM etc that I receive from after 12 noon today, will not be read until I return back home, approx 2 weeks at the Very latest.

Thanks to everyone

and thank you all who have wished my the best etc, Thank you all

See you around in 2 weeks

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Thanks Paul

Well once again, I'm going around in circles,

Well it will not be settled until after I come home from Hospital, another £1:70 in interest to add on just there

Here is their Reply

(MY comments)

Without Prejudice - Confidential and Privileged

Dear Madam

Thank you for your emails of yesterday.

Please note that your letter of 10 August 2006 stated that, as at 8 August 2006, the amount of your claim stood at £814.47 plus interest at a daily rate of £0.17 and a Court fee of £80.00. As at 10 August 2006, the amount of your claim therefore stood at £894.81 and that is the sum that the Bank has offered to refund.

(Ok that I want)

However, we note your point in relation to the daily rate and we have attached an amended settlement letter which takes account of the ongoing accumulation of interest.

(OK Fine)

As to the request for you to attend an account review, we do not understand your reluctance to agree to have a meeting to discus your banking needs because the review is intended to be for your own benefit. It is even possible that the review can be done over the telephone and so we see no reason for you to refuse the Bank's request. Please contact the Branch today to arrange the necessary review.

(Hey can I have some piece while recouperating, Wont be able to do much for a month, and no work for 3)

We also do not understand your paragraph relating to the "imposition of confidentiality". The confidentiality clause that was included in the Bank's original offer of settlement on 25 July 2006 was a request not an imposition and has been removed from all subsequent offers. Your paragraph (which appears to have been copied from one of your earlier letters) is therefore entirely irrelevant. We can only assume that it has been included in your recent email by mistake.

(Look at the top for this email again)

We would stress that the attached letter sets out the Bank's final offer of settlement. The conditions of settlement contained within that letter are not open to negotiation because they are entirely reasonable and fair. Indeed, the Bank wishes to include these conditions simply so as to clarify the position on settlement and to make sure that you receive the benefit of an account review.

(Hey NO Conditions, Isn't me taking Lloyds to Court)(I'll let the Judge decide Shall I)

Please sign a copy of the attached letter and return it to us as soon as possible. As soon as we receive both a signed letter and confirmation from the Branch that you have attended an account review, we shall contact the Bank to arrange the necessary refund.

(NO WAY - Until Unconditional)

We look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours faithfully

I will reply back later today, This will be my final communication with all my financial institutions that Wish to deal with me,

So A nice reply back would be Nice - So they can ponder over for 2 weeks, or court date

Any suggestions are welcome, as at mo, my head is elsewhere, Do I leave it until after my operation, or shall I send a letter back Today ???

Thanks everyone for your wishes, I'm sure all will go well, and I'll be fighting fit again soon

Sophie

xx

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Best wishes for your hospital visit and convalescence Sophie-Jane.

Regards,

Bean

Lloyds TSB - 27/11/06 - £6377 paidrest with FOS

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Lloyds TSB (MC) - 20/10/06 (BY DEF) £372

Hitachi Cap - Nov. 06 - £207

Citi Cards - 28/12//06 - £220

Monument - 23/1/07 - £889

Barclaycard (Mrs. Bean) - 19/2/07 £376

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Thanks everyone for your wishes

This is my Final Post for this period

This is the reply I've sent off to Martineau Johnson

If they do not reply back positively, I am prepaired to let a Judge decide, and That unless a Full and final unconditional settlement is made, their will be no further communication between

Martineau Johnson or myself until court or earlier settlement in full

Lets see if this rattles their cages

Dear Sirs.

In reference to your Email dated 11th August 2006.

UNCONDITIONAL SETTLEMENT

Or NO SETTLEMENT

I note your points but wish to advise you once again that only full unconditional settlement will result in me withdrawing this claim may I also point out that interest is accruing at a daily rate of 17p.

(The Amount owed by Lloyds at £815:16 as of 12th August 2006 and interest also charged at a daily rate of £0:17, until cleared into Account, Please allow 7 days for Receipt and Clearance) plus Court costs of £80, Total as of today £895:16.

Like you I am also quite confident that I can prove my case in court and prove that these are in fact penalties that you are trying to cloak as a service charge. I am also very confident that a judge will also see it this way.

AGAIN I also point out that there is no unilateral imposition of confidentiality in these circumstances as you must fully realise and for you to say otherwise is an abusive deception .I will pass any more dis informative correspondence from you to the Law Society who no doubt will decide whether this is a matter of discipline or merely requires more Continuing Education points.

Since you are already aware, that I will not be dealing with these issues over the next couple weeks, I will give you until the 27th to reply back, with a FULL UNCONDIONAL SETTLEMENT, If that is NOT forth coming, I will not communicate further with yourselves, I am prepared to let a Judge decide AT Court on what is the best solution.

Hope to hear back from you with a POSITIVE Reply

Yours faithfully,

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

just take out the bit that says you will not communicate further with them as you have a duty to try and settle this without taking it into court

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes, Well I'm back

Still no reply back from MJS at all

I sent another fax yesterday

Dear Sirs.

I am saddened by your lack of response; I sincerely thought you were sincere in trying to conclude this case, prior to any court action.

I did express, that I would not be able to communicate until around the 27th August 2006, and hoped that you would of complied with my request for a Full Settlement, with NO Conditions, I cannot see why I should be subject to conditions, when I an claiming for unlawful charges levied by your client (Lloyds TSB)

As for the running of my account, I will continue to run my account lawfully, and within Lawful Terms and Conditions.

As of the above date, the total that is owed by Lloyds TSB is as follows

Unlawful Default Charges

£780.00

Interest @ 8%

£40.82

Court Fee

£80.00

Total

£900.82

Daily Rate of Interest

£00.17

If I do not hear back with a positive reply within 14 days, I will take it you have ceased all avenues of communications, and you are willing to let judgement be done by the court.

Like your defence, I am also quite confident that I can prove my case in court and prove that these are in fact penalties that you are trying to cloak as a service charge. I am also very confident that a judge will also see it this way.

Hope to hear back from you with a POSITIVE Reply

Yours faithfully,

Lets see what happens now ??

Seriously I Am just hoping that they do not settle, and I want a court to decide on my legitamate case, But I could dream can't I ???

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Woops the table went astray a little there, oh well, you can understand it - just

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Hi Sophie-Jane, it's good to see you back!

I hope you are recovering well.

I wish you a rapid conclusion to your claim, on your terms.

Regards,

Bean

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

Opinions / advice of Bean are independent, informal, without prejudice, without liability, not CAG endorsed. If in doubt, ask a qualified professional.

Thanks Bean

Only another month off work, I tell you, I rather be at work, being at home is not all its cracked up to be.

Conclusion to my claim, LOLROF, ouch, but at least I'm communicating, Just waiting now to see what if any reply I get back from Lloyds Solicitors (MJS)

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding, been ever so busy

22nd September 2006

Settled - NO Conditions

Full amount of claim in Account

Dear Madam

Further to your letter dated 14 September, our client has decided to refund you the whole amount of your claim for commercial reasons, without any admission of liability.

Your claim therefore has been settled in full and we should be grateful if you would write to the court to confirm that this matter has been settled.

Yours faithfully

Martineau Johnson

Wrote back stating will contact Courts, only once payment is in bank.

Sent Fax to Court 23rd - Settled in full

Regards

Sophie

Thank you

Please Note

Wooot :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Congratulations Sophie

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

:D Congratulations Sophie-Jane!!!:D

Regards,

Bean

SETTLED

Cap One - 6/10/06 - £875

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks