• Tweets

• He was one of four former top executives from Sam Bankman-Fried's firms to plead guilty to charges.View the full article
    • The private submersible industry was shaken after the implosion of the OceanGate Titan sub last year.View the full article
    • further polished WS using above suggestions and also included couple of more modifications highlighted in orange are those ok to include?   Background   1.1  The Defendant received the Parking Charge Notice (PCN) on the 06th of January 2020 following the vehicle being parked at Arla Old Dairy, South Ruislip on the 05th of December 2019.   Unfair PCN   2.1  On 19th December 2023 the Defendant sent the Claimant's solicitors a CPR request.  As shown in Exhibit 1 (pages 7-13) sent by the solicitors the signage displayed in their evidence clearly shows a £60.00 parking charge notice (which will be reduced to £30 if paid within 14 days of issue).  2.2  Yet the PCN sent by the Claimant is for a £100.00 parking charge notice (reduced to £60 if paid within 30 days of issue).   2.3        The Claimant relies on signage to create a contract.  It is unlawful for the Claimant to write that the charge is £60 on their signs and then send demands for £100.    2.4        The unlawful £100 charge is also the basis for the Claimant's Particulars of Claim.  No Locus Standi  3.1  I do not believe a contract with the landowner, that is provided following the defendant’s CPR request, gives MET Parking Services a right to bring claims in their own name. Definition of “Relevant contract” from the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4,  2 [1] means a contract Including a contract arising only when the vehicle was parked on the relevant land between the driver and a person who is-   (a) the owner or occupier of the land; or   (b) Authorised, under or by virtue of arrangements made by the owner or occupier of the land, to enter into a contract with the driver requiring the payment of parking charges in respect of the parking of the vehicle on the land. According to https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/44   For a contract to be valid, it requires a director from each company to sign and then two independent witnesses must confirm those signatures.   3.2  The Defendant requested to see such a contract in the CPR request.  The fact that no contract has been produced with the witness signatures present means the contract has not been validly executed. Therefore, there can be no contract established between MET Parking Services and the motorist. Even if “Parking in Electric Bay” could form a contract (which it cannot), it is immaterial. There is no valid contract.  Illegal Conduct – No Contract Formed   4.1 At the time of writing, the Claimant has failed to provide the following, in response to the CPR request from myself.   4.2        The legal contract between the Claimant and the landowner (which in this case is Standard Life Investments UK) to provide evidence that there is an agreement in place with landowner with the necessary authority to issue parking charge notices and to pursue payment by means of litigation.   4.3 Proof of planning permission granted for signage etc under the Town and country Planning Act 1990. Lack of planning permission is a criminal offence under this Act and no contract can be formed where criminality is involved.   4.4        I also do not believe the claimant possesses these documents.   No Keeper Liability   5.1        The defendant was not the driver at the time and date mentioned in the PCN and the claimant has not established keeper liability under schedule 4 of the PoFA 2012. In this matter, the defendant puts it to the claimant to produce strict proof as to who was driving at the time.   5.2 The claimant in their Notice To Keeper also failed to comply with PoFA 2012 Schedule 4 section 9[2][f] while mentioning “the right to recover from the keeper so much of that parking charge as remains unpaid” where they did not include statement “(if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met)”.     5.3         The claimant did not mention parking period, times on the photographs are separate from the PCN and in any case are that arrival and departure times not the parking period since their times include driving to and from the parking space as a minimum and can include extra time to allow pedestrians and other vehicles to pass in front.    Protection of Freedoms Act 2012   The notice must -   (a) specify the vehicle, the relevant land on which it was parked and the period of parking to which the notice relates;  22. In the persuasive judgement K4GF167G - Premier Park Ltd v Mr Mathur - Horsham County Court – 5 January 2024 it was on this very point that the judge dismissed this claim.  5.4  A the PCN does not comply with the Act the Defendant as keeper is not liable.  No Breach of Contract   6.1       No breach of contract occurred because the PCN and contract provided as part of the defendant’s CPR request shows different post code, PCN shows HA4 0EY while contract shows HA4 0FY. According to PCN defendant parked on HA4 0EY which does not appear to be subject to the postcode covered by the contract.  6.2         The entrance sign does not mention anything about there being other terms inside the car park so does not offer a contract which makes it only an offer to treat,  Interest  7.1  It is unreasonable for the Claimant to delay litigation for  Double Recovery   7.2  The claim is littered with made-up charges.  7.3  As noted above, the Claimant's signs state a £60 charge yet their PCN is for £100.  7.4  As well as the £100 parking charge, the Claimant seeks recovery of an additional £70.  This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims.  7.5 Since 2019, many County Courts have considered claims in excess of £100 to be an abuse of process leading to them being struck out ab initio. An example, in the Caernarfon Court in VCS v Davies, case No. FTQZ4W28 on 4th September 2019, District Judge Jones-Evans stated “Upon it being recorded that District Judge Jones- Evans has over a very significant period of time warned advocates (...) in many cases of this nature before this court that their claim for £60 is unenforceable in law and is an abuse of process and is nothing more than a poor attempt to go behind the decision of the Supreme Court v Beavis which inter alia decided that a figure of £160 as a global sum claimed in this case would be a penalty and not a genuine pre-estimate of loss and therefore unenforceable in law and if the practice continued, he would treat all cases as a claim for £160 and therefore a penalty and unenforceable in law it is hereby declared (…) the claim is struck out and declared to be wholly without merit and an abuse of process.”  7.6 In Claim Nos. F0DP806M and F0DP201T, District Judge Taylor echoed earlier General Judgment or Orders of District Judge Grand, stating ''It is ordered that the claim is struck out as an abuse of process. The claim contains a substantial charge additional to the parking charge which it is alleged the Defendant contracted to pay. This additional charge is not recoverabl15e under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012, Schedule 4 nor with reference to the judgment in Parking Eye v Beavis. It is an abuse of process from the Claimant to issue a knowingly inflated claim for an additional sum which it is not entitled to recover. This order has been made by the court of its own initiative without a hearing pursuant to CPR Rule 3.3(4)) of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998...''  7.7 In the persuasive case of G4QZ465V - Excel Parking Services Ltd v Wilkinson – Bradford County Court -2 July 2020 (Exhibit 4) the judge had decided that Excel had won. However, due to Excel adding on the £60 the Judge dismissed the case.  7.8        The addition of costs not previously specified on signage are also in breach of the Consumer Rights Act 2015, Schedule 2, specifically paras 6, 10 and 14.   7.9        It is the Defendant’s position that the Claimant in this case has knowingly submitted inflated costs and thus the entire claim should be similarly struck out in accordance with Civil Procedure Rule 3.3(4).   In Conclusion   8.1        I invite the court to dismiss the claim.  Statement of Truth  I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.   
    • Well the difference is that in all our other cases It was Kev who was trying to entrap the motorist so sticking two fingers up to him and daring him to try court was from a position of strength. In your case, sorry, you made a mistake so you're not in the position of strength.  I've looked on Google Maps and the signs are few & far between as per Kev's MO, but there is an entrance sign saying "Pay & Display" (and you've admitted in writing that you knew you had to pay) and the signs by the payment machines do say "Sea View Car Park" (and you've admitted in writing you paid the wrong car park ... and maybe outed yourself as the driver). Something I missed in my previous post is that the LoC is only for one ticket, not two. Sorry, but it's impossible to definitively advise what to so. Personally I'd probably gamble on Kev being a serial bottler of court and reply with a snotty letter ridiculing the signage (given you mentioned the signage in your appeal) - but it is a gamble.  
    • No! What has happened is that your pix were up-to-date: 5 hours' maximum stay and £100 PCN. The lazy solicitors have sent ancient pictures: 4 hours' maximum stay and £60 PCN. Don't let on!  Let them be hoisted by their own lazy petard in the court hearing (if they don't bottle before).
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Snoopy1977 vs Barclays

Snoopy1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6331 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys!

I have just started the process and could do with a little help already lol. On the 2nd of Dec I posted 2 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letters one to Barclays for two bank accounts and a credit card and another to Smile for an account and a credit card.

I only sent them first class - which I now think may be a problem!

Do the banks tend to deny receipt? and if so what is my next step?

Would it be worth sending reminders to the banks recorded delivery to firm things up? i.e. I have not had a response to my letter dated x in which I requested x to be provided to me within a period of 40 days etc etc

I am relishing the whole process so far I keep going to the mailbox to see if Santa has been!!!

[SIZE=1]Barclays case 1 - £525[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Sar1 sent unrecorded - 1st Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Sar2 sent recorded - 11th Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Prelim Approach Letter sent - 19th Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]"Were sorry you are unhappy letter" received - 30 Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Settlement Offer received - 05 Jan 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Settlement Offer rejected - 05 Jan 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Lba Sent - 05 Jan 2006[/SIZE]

Hi snoopy,

We advise recorded or proof of delivery, but in general thae banks will send info under requested on a SAR.

Good lUck

Hi guys!

I have just started the process and could do with a little help already lol. On the 2nd of Dec I posted 2 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letters one to Barclays for two bank accounts and a credit card and another to Smile for an account and a credit card.

I only sent them first class - which I now think may be a problem!

Do the banks tend to deny receipt? and if so what is my next step?

Would it be worth sending reminders to the banks recorded delivery to firm things up? i.e. I have not had a response to my letter dated x in which I requested x to be provided to me within a period of 40 days etc etc

I am relishing the whole process so far I keep going to the mailbox to see if Santa has been!!!

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

I am guessing that I cannot report them to the information comissioner if I cannot prove that I sent them a letter in the first place? I was thinking of patching it up with a recorded delivery letter like the one below what do you think?

Dear Sir or Madam

Re. Account Numbers: xxxxxxxxxxx/ xxxxxxxxxx and Visa Credit Card Number – xxxxxxxxxx

As I have received no acknowledgement whatsoever of my first letter dated 2 Dec 2006 I am requesting, for a second time a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorized overdrafts and standing orders I have paid over the last six years relating to the above listed accounts.

Please find enclosed a second cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10 (this has been sent on the assumption that you must have either misplaced or not received the first payment I sent. As the maximum statutory charge for this service is £10 I would expect only one of the cheques I have provided you to be cashed). If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements going back six years; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days as Barclays Bank Plcis obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.

Yours Faithfully

Snoopy

SHould I also have two signatures (mine and my other halfs as one of the accounts is joint? I think this is all worth doing because it puts me back on a firm footing with measurable deadlines etc...........

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

[SIZE=1]Barclays case 1 - £525[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Sar1 sent unrecorded - 1st Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Sar2 sent recorded - 11th Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Prelim Approach Letter sent - 19th Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]"Were sorry you are unhappy letter" received - 30 Dec 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Settlement Offer received - 05 Jan 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Settlement Offer rejected - 05 Jan 2006[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Lba Sent - 05 Jan 2006[/SIZE]

Hi Snoopy1977,

I nearly sent all of my SAR's just 1st class then saw a thread where someone had done them recorded so now i have sent mine recorded. I think you should be fine though. Maybe someone else who has been on here longer can assist as i'm fairly new. Its good to know our requests are going at the same sort of time though. I will keep an eye on your thread.

Rob

MBNA **WON** at prelim stage £1518.30 :)

Barclays claim for £1800:- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 / Prelim sent 20/02/07 / LBA sent 08/03/07 / N1 submitted 29/03/07 / AQ Submitted 11/05/07 / Defence struck out 05/06/07 / Judgement Order filed 07/06/07 /Cheque received and cashed 14/06/07 £2692.00

Just about to update my thread with this very info - but I have just got a fairly speedy response to my S.A.R.

Sent Barclays and Woolwich SAR recorded delivery to Churchill Place on the 22nd Nov, got a letter from each after a week (Barclays returned the £10 too) and statements from both arrived this week too.

Hopefully you should have some nice Xmas post soon!!!!

I have drawn up new letters and will send them recorded delivery tomorrow afternoon. Smiles customer service person advised that I should cancel the cheque and send a new application to the co-op head office. Barclays call centre said they had no knowlege of the request I had sent and could not see that anything had been accessed on my account yet so I have cancelled that cheque as well - he did not charge for this as he said it seems to have been lost?

They both have new letters explaining that in both cases the originals appear not to have been received. These will be sent to the registered addresses with new cheques and will be sent recorded delivery (this is assuming there are no statements waiting for me when I get home from work at midday tomorrow):lol:

Probably have been over thinking things but would hate to get to the end of 40 days and have them just deny receipt!!

Ho hum live and learn and all that.

Rob I will be watching your thread as well good luck with it mate!

Just to keep this thread accurate as a time line I have received statements on the 14th for the two disputed Barclays accounts and have calculated that the Joint account has £310 pounds of paid referral fees whilst the other has £215.

Just waiting for Barclaycard to weigh in with statements for 2 credit cards then I should be able to get this one sorted!!

Can I bundle Barclaycard and Barclays into one claim or would I treat them as different organisations in terms of the LBA and filing with Mcol?

Thanks for all the guidance so far!

I hand deliverred my SAR on 6/11 and STILL have not received my statements.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06/11/2006 - no statements yet

Prelim Letter sent 13/11/2006

"Sorry you're unhappy" received 16/11/2006

LBA sent 27/11/2006

Reply to LBA with 50% offer received 01/12/2006

"Thanks, but no Thanks" sent 01/12/2006

MOCL filed 11/12/06 - deemed served 17/12/06

MOCL acknowledged 29/12/06

Non compliance with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/01/07

Statements Received 08/01/07

MOCL Defended 12/01/07

AQ received 17/01/07

AQ done and delivered 19/01/07

Court date 22/05/2007

Today I sent the bog standard prelim approach letter away asking for my dough to be returned -

"My request

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last 6 years." etc etc

Because I am not inclined to calculate the amount of overdraft interest I changed my letter from-

"What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken."

to

"What I require

I calculate that you have taken £525.00 in total from the two accounts listed above.

I enclose a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter"

and deleted the bit about the default.

Yay!!! we are now officially in play!

Delivery confirmed 20/12/06. Does that mean that I send my Lba on the 1st of Jan? Or do I not count weekends holidays etc?

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump...

I would appreciate a steer on this guys - not sure if I should be counting bank holidays etc towards the 14 day period - or should I?

Thanks

I have recieved two letters in the post

Letter 1 - from Barclays - "were sorry you are unhappy with the charges you have incurred etc etc etc

Yours Sincerely

Mike Brophy"

Letter 2 - from Barclaycard - "I am writing with reference to your recent request for either a list of charges over the last 6 six or copy statements for the same period.

The information that you have supplied is insuficient and I am unable to locate the details at present."

So I will be sending an Lba to Barclays itself.

Any advice as to what to do re the Barclaycard letter? It goes on to ask for all my previous addresses other accounts etc. I find it irritating because my first instinct is to think they are playing a little game with me.

Snoopy

They are playing games, and will continue to stall at every possible turn. Keep the pressure on and stick to your timetables. My 40 days for the SAR ran out just before Xmas, and I spoke to Barclays on the phone, they still haven't sent the info so I've hit them with the non-compliance letter today. I reckon I've been a bit soft on them in making allowances for the Christmas post delays. No mercy from now on in.

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 06/11/2006 - no statements yet

Prelim Letter sent 13/11/2006

"Sorry you're unhappy" received 16/11/2006

LBA sent 27/11/2006

Reply to LBA with 50% offer received 01/12/2006

"Thanks, but no Thanks" sent 01/12/2006

MOCL filed 11/12/06 - deemed served 17/12/06

MOCL acknowledged 29/12/06

Non compliance with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent 04/01/07

Statements Received 08/01/07

MOCL Defended 12/01/07

AQ received 17/01/07

AQ done and delivered 19/01/07

Court date 22/05/2007

Right!!

Lba is all drawn up and will be going tomorrow (as soon as I get round to buying some printer carts :-x ).

All I have done is changed it to read:

"I calculate that you have taken £525 in total from the two accounts listed above." not too fussed about the interest as I don't think it will come to much.

On the Barclaycard issue it would appear that I gave them my wifes old account number - they have said I have given them insufficient detail obviously because they cannot mate the number with my name. That is because I was told it was my account number by some one at a Barclays callcentre. Thought it was too good to be true at the time.

Anyway let the games begin!!!!

I have received a settlement offer! - Found it as I went out the door to send the Lba.

Its the usual - we do not agree with you etc etc goodwill blah blah blah. They are offering £275 on a total amount of £525 or £645.50 with statutory interest applied (I know it doesn't apply yet).

I have sent the following Lba to Barclays Head Office today:

"LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBERS: xxxxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxxxx

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter of the 19th December 2006.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £525 in total from the two accounts listed above.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of 19th of December 2006.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

Snoopy"

As the settlement offer was received from Swansea I have sent another letter there stating the following:

"ACCOUNT NUMBERS: xxxxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxxxx

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your letter dated 03/01/2007

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on the accounts listed above, totalling £525

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

As I have yet to receive a favorable response from Barclays I have sent a Letter Before Action to your head office, a copy is enclosed for your information. This is in line with the timescales outlined in my preliminary approach letter dated 19/12/2006.

As outlined in the enclosed letter I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

Snoopy"

I think this covers everything off for now. Please let me know if anything looks suspect :-|

Snoopy

Just a thought?

Should I have extended my timescale due to the fact that I was made an offer or am I ok to consider the partial offer as unfavourable and just march on?

Keep to your own timescale. They haven't responded positively so submit the claim on the day it is due.

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

• 3 weeks later...

The Lba was lost by the post office I will be reposting it shortly.

In the mean time I have received a letter from Barclaycard saying that my information has been deleted from their system so they cannot provide any information regarding my account?

That can't be right can it?

Hi Snoopy,

You can probably tell from my thread that i'm now behind you because I still haven't received my statements. I'm going to hit them with a SAR LBA first thing Monday morning and also call them to see if they will send the statements.

I'm quite annoyed as it was the only letter I didn't send recorded delivery. :(

As far as your Barclaycard goes i'm sure big companies like Barclaycard cannot just delete your information as i'm sure that contravenes the Data Protection law. I'm sure someone else on here will be able to back that up??

Rob

MBNA **WON** at prelim stage £1518.30 :)

Barclays claim for £1800:- S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 / Prelim sent 20/02/07 / LBA sent 08/03/07 / N1 submitted 29/03/07 / AQ Submitted 11/05/07 / Defence struck out 05/06/07 / Judgement Order filed 07/06/07 /Cheque received and cashed 14/06/07 £2692.00